The Queen of the South thread

Holy f**k, a whole ten pound saving if you get your season ticket early. 15 quid is a bit expensive also, team will have to be winning to pull in decent crowds I think. Lot of money to shell out for second division.

£15 is probably about as low as you can expect when we're staying full-time.

I would imagine that for a 'floater', a run of the mill second division match won't be particularly less appealing than a run of the mill first division match. If we win games and challenge for the title, floaters will return.

In my opinion, £15 is too much for any lower league football match in Scotland. But it's a step in the direction.

I would say we're pretty much down to the "hard core" support at home games now. Dropping the price by a couple of quid isnt going to attract the "floaters" back. Challenging for the league might though.

You are quite correct Mr X. I often come on here and mock Queens, I am not interested in going to watch Queens play the like of Livi, Cowdenbeath and Ross Coonty. Now that we are in the 2nd Division, there is no way I would cross the road to watch Brechin City, Forfar Athletic or Albion Rovers and certainly not twice during the same season. However, I would go to watch us play Hibs, Hearts, Killie and Motherwell.

They must learn to look after the supporters better, especially the season book holders. :(

You are quite correct Mr X. I often come on here and mock Queens, I am not interested in going to watch Queens play the like of Livi, Cowdenbeath and Ross Coonty. Now that we are in the 2nd Division, there is no way I would cross the road to watch Brechin City, Forfar Athletic or Albion Rovers and certainly not twice during the same season. However, I would go to watch us play Hibs, Hearts, Killie and Motherwell.

They must learn to look after the supporters better, especially the season book holders. :(

That would be one fucking big road

Lets get it right now eh, we all know this is what you mean.

Aye at the moment, but I am indeed a floating fan and will not turn out to watch the shite style of play the last three managers have had the team playing. There are hundreds more like me who would make the effort to actually go to games if only the BoD tried to entice us in the first place.

To be honest, I cannot remember one single year when the fans have said there was a fair price announced . Human nature ( and especially ours) to pick the bones out of any announcement like this . The board has made a big financial commitment to keep us full time so lets back them. We can't have it all ways.

RossQOS and Katboy, shame on you for having yer blinkers on, but we micht no ayeways gan tae the gems, but we dae read whit is gan on at them. Yees are gan on an' on aboot hoo boring the gems are, yit yees expect folk licht me tae jist accept it..............nae chance. :angry:

Ah a glory hunter.

What do you care about how the supporters are treated, you're not one of them!

Aye at the moment, but I am indeed a floating fan and will not turn out to watch the shite style of play the last three managers have had the team playing. There are hundreds more like me who would make the effort to actually go to games if only the BoD tried to entice us in the first place.

I'm sure you'll be missed.

Anyone take any of the released Dunfermline players? Gary Mason, Liam Buchanan, Martin Hardie, Nick Phinn, Steven McDougall, David Graham, Pat Clark, Chris Smith, Bernardo Fernandez, Alex Keddie, Austin McCann, Kevin Ruitkiewicz and John Potter have all been released. One i'd love to see at Palmerston is David Graham but obviously i'm dreaming, McDougall was always a decent player and i'm sure Keddie would be pretty solid in the second, probably being a bit unrealistic seeing as were a second division side, just noticed it on BBC sport.

Anyone take any of the released Dunfermline players? Gary Mason, Liam Buchanan, Martin Hardie, Nick Phinn, Steven McDougall, David Graham, Pat Clark, Chris Smith, Bernardo Fernandez, Alex Keddie, Austin McCann, Kevin Ruitkiewicz and John Potter have all been released. One i'd love to see at Palmerston is David Graham but obviously i'm dreaming, McDougall was always a decent player and i'm sure Keddie would be pretty solid in the second, probably being a bit unrealistic seeing as were a second division side, just noticed it on BBC sport.

I think several of those players would still be top second division players. Im not sure any of them will end up as Palmerston though