The Queen of the South thread

18 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
19 hours ago, baw heid said:
Its not so much the level more about getting games in mens football.  This will toughen him up

Well yeah, I doubt he was ever going to be loaned to a women's league tbf.

Men rather than boys although some of the football played in the woman's leagues is very competitive  My point, from experience, is the need to play competitive football in front of critical supporters, home and away. You find the higher the level the less games the loan player gets unless they prove to be good enough. Queens prove the point by two CBs getting games but others being bit players who would have benefited getting games at a lower level

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It said trading to a breakeven position while maintaining full time football remained a "significant challenge".

There's a very simple solution to this isn't there?

Adopt the Livingston financial model?

Top 100 SPFL goals from Championship to League 2. Surprised that we only have 1 on there, Dobbie vs Falkirk early last season, left foot cutler off the bar and in. Would’ve thought Holt’s effort vs Rangers was in with a shout, amongst others.

Interestingly, we appear 7 times conceding the goal, more than any other club ( I think).

Kenny Miller at Palmy 15/16
Ross Forbes at Palmy 16/17
Scott Fraser at Palmy 16/17
Ryan Stevenson at Palmy 16/17
Jason Talbot at Palmy 16/17
Jai Quitongo at Palmy 17/18
Lewis Morgan at Paisley 17/18

Think that's harsh on the boy.* He's never looked considerably out of his depth when I've seen him. The trouble is he looks a similar player to Jacobs and two DM really doesn't work for us. If Low was alongside him I don't think he'd do too badly. I think it makes sense to loan him out with the number of CM's we have just now but I hope GN has him in his long term plan.

*Unless you're suggesting that, due to how well EK are doing.

More to do with how well they have doing, going by there recent teams they maybe don’t have other central midfield players other than the two starters.

It's nothing any of us can really be shocked by. The crowds just aren't there to keep FT football going longterm.

My only question is are we making money from the Arena yet or is the income from that still paying it off. Similarly with the pitch. The lights are on almost every night.

It's nothing any of us can really be shocked by. The crowds just aren't there to keep FT football going longterm.

My only question is are we making money from the Arena yet or is the income from that still paying it off. Similarly with the pitch. The lights are on almost every night.
Just make sure you dont go full Rangers lads.

You should of course, never go full Rangers.