The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

I fair enough understandable but no surprise he is training with us now Alan & Sandy are back sure it suites both parties. 

Absolutely. No losers out of that arrangement. If he's there he's an extra body at training for bounce matches and drills. The player keeps his fitness up in a squad environment where he's familiar and friendly with the players and staff. Peterhead get a player who is effectively full time.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Absolutely. No losers out of that arrangement. If he's there he's an extra body at training for bounce matches and drills. The player keeps his fitness up in a squad environment where he's familiar and friendly with the players and staff. Peterhead get a player who is effectively full time.

Good guy to have around the training ground. 👍 

From memory I only saw him play twice and the performances couldn’t have been more different.

The first time was a substitute appearance against Ayr at Palmerston. He made a really positive impression on the game, getting up to speed with the tempo immediately. I particularly liked that he was always looking for a forward pass even if there was an easier, safer pass on offer. I left wondering why we hadn’t seen more of him.

That question was soon answered in our Scottish Cup humiliation to Queens Park when he was hooked before half time. It was a dreadful team performance that day, so to standout as the clear worst player really doesn’t reflect well on him. It was one of the most gutless performances I have ever witnessed. He was deliberately moving into positions where he was marked to avoid being given the ball.

Hard to say which is the “real” him, or if the answer lies somewhere between. He didn’t feature enough for us to know if he has an attitude problem or if he simply isn’t up to this level.

Like all young players that leave us, I hope it works out for him.

Swap deal McCarthy for Lyle surely !

If you want someone to ignite Dobbie for the remainder of the season then Del's the man.

They have a somewhat 'telepathic' understanding which really is about their natural talent and football brains working on the same level.

They are both still fit and we have the natural pace of El Bak and Murray to complement them.

3--5-2 with Pybus, Lyon and Osman in midfield with the 2 above named making up the 5.

Sounds exciting !

4 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

If you want someone to ignite Dobbie for the remainder of the season then Del's the man.

They have a somewhat 'telepathic' understanding which really is about their natural talent and football brains working on the same level.

They are both still fit and we have the natural pace of El Bak and Murray to complement them.

3--5-2 with Pybus, Lyon and Osman in midfield with the 2 above named making up the 5.

Sounds exciting !

El Bak and Murray as wingbacks.    

Really?

Sounds exciting !

Give it a rest man.

6 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Sounds exciting !

I just knew when it was mentioned about Lyle training with us that someone would jump in with the "let's sign him"  patter. He's kept himself fit and is scoring a few in a division below but no way should he be considered a possible signing and I would be super underwhelmed if it was even being mooted,   as much as I liked Lyle. 

I just knew when it was mentioned about Lyle training with us that someone would jump in with the "let's sign him"  patter. He's kept himself fit and is scoring a few in a division below but no way should he be considered a possible signing and I would be super underwhelmed if it was even being mooted,   as much as I liked Lyle. 
Add to that that the Lyle and Dobbie combination didn't work.

38 minutes ago, eibbod nehpets said:

I've got 2 things to say to that. 

1) I'm not yanking anyone's chain. 

2) what makes you think I'm a "he"? 

1 - We'll see. It's not rocket science to make predictions of clubs signing someone imminently in the January window. There won't be many clubs don't sign somebody during it.

2 - Lazy assumption based on your user name clearly being male (which granted doesn't mean you are).

25 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

^^^ unsure if ever actually watched Dobbie and Lyle play together. Other than one game at St Mirren I don't recall any particularly obvious understanding between Dobbie and Lyle. Dobbie had a far better understanding with both Dykes and O'Connor than he ever had with Lyle. They are good friends though.

27 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

I take it Queens are traveling up on Friday overnight stop before the Inverness game not looking likely that we will have a new signing before then .

Bus to Glasgow ,then to Dundee ,then on to Inverness . Off peak ticket bought by Billy .

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

I take it Queens are traveling up on Friday overnight stop before the Inverness game not looking likely that we will have a new signing before then .

Do I not remember you saying we travel on Saturday mornings for ict games a while back 

34 minutes ago, cooshedder said:

Do I not remember you saying we travel on Saturday mornings for ict games a while back 

We did a few times when Naysmith was the manager but A.J. seems to like to go up on the Friday no need for me  leaving on Saturday morning is more than enough time to prepare for the game