The Queen of the South thread

Games played using a 4-3-3 = 3

Goals Scored = 6

Goals Conceded = 2

Goals Scored by Gavin Reilly = 1

Effect on the Queens juggernaut = none

Effect on Gavin Reilly's performances = slight.

Consecutive games Reilly played in with 4-4-2 = 8.5 (including sub v Hibs plus Dundee U and Rangers)

Goals scored by Reilly = 7 (including v Hibs and Rangers)

Games played in 4-3-3 = 3

Goals scored = 1 (v Edinburgh City)

Effect on Reilly = huge (scoring ratio = 82.3% down to 33.3%).

Looking at league games only

Games played from start 4-4-2 = 5

Goals scored = 6

Games played 4-3-3 = 2

Goals scored = 0

Effect on Reilly = massive (scoring ratio down from 120% to nil).

Consecutive games Reilly played in with 4-4-2 = 8.5 (including sub v Hibs plus Dundee U and Rangers)

Goals scored = 6

Games played 4-3-3 = 2

Goals scored = 0

My main point was that it wasn't impacting our results, which is the main thing. Only Charlie (who is absolutely wet for Gavin) care about the effects of an individual over the success of the whole team.

Edited by palmy_cammy

My main point was that it wasn't impacting our results, which is the main thing. Only Charlie (who is absolutely wet for Gavin) care about the effects of an individual over the success of the whole team.

Totally agree that it didn't affect our results. As I said at the time, I couldn't understand why we changed the system as we weren't playing badly and the change seemed to make us play worse (although we still won). I am convinced that it did affect Reilly's performances more than anybody, however I am not convinced that was the reason for the change. That would be a bit mental.

I also don't think Lyle has played all that well either in the 4-3-3 or after changing back to 4-4-2.

As you say, it is broadly irrelevant who plays or how we play as long as we keep winning. I don't think it is fair to say that the change in system had only a slight effect on Reilly, though.

Goals scored = 6

Games played 4-3-3 = 2

Goals scored = 0

Which is my point exactly, mission accomplished Mr Clark.

For what it’s worth I’ve watched Gavin along with a lot of others in the EOS and thought/think his a good player, I’m only writing on a public forum what I’ve seen and heard. Nothing more nothing less, your own statistics would appear to agree with what I’ve written, I’ll end it there.

Which is my point exactly, mission accomplished Mr Clark.

For what it’s worth I’ve watched Gavin along with a lot of others in the EOS and thought/think his a good player, I’m only writing on a public forum what I’ve seen and heard. Nothing more nothing less, your own statistics would appear to agree with what I’ve written, I’ll end it there.

Except you wont <_<

I dont think anyone would have a problem debating the rights or wrongs of Reilly being left out of the side. The issue is your insinuation that this is somehow the work of the assistant manager, to favour his son. It was a ridiculous suggestion when it was first mooted and its even more ridiculous now.

Totally agree that it didn't affect our results. As I said at the time, I couldn't understand why we changed the system as we weren't playing badly and the change seemed to make us play worse (although we still won). I am convinced that it did affect Reilly's performances more than anybody, however I am not convinced that was the reason for the change. That would be a bit mental.

I also don't think Lyle has played all that well either in the 4-3-3 or after changing back to 4-4-2.

As you say, it is broadly irrelevant who plays or how we play as long as we keep winning. I don't think it is fair to say that the change in system had only a slight effect on Reilly, though.

The system was originally changed because of the suspensions of Young and Holt, and perhaps to accommodate Clark, Reilly and Lyle. There might also have been an element of "mixing it up" from the management. It's AJ's first management job, and things are going well on the park, I don't grudge him being a bit experimental. Carmichael's form has dipped a bit, and Burns's underwhelming performances have widely been discussed, perhaps it was an attempt to get more out of them?

I'm certainly glad we reverted back to 4-4-2 on Saturday past. As mentioned elsewhere one of the main things I like about Johnston is that he seems to see the same things as the fans regarding selections. I fully expect us to line up 4-4-2 on Saturday with Clark and Reilly up front.

Except you wont <_<

I dont think anyone would have a problem debating the rights or wrongs of Reilly being left out of the side. The issue is your insinuation that this is somehow the work of the assistant manager, to favour his son. It was a ridiculous suggestion when it was first mooted and its even more ridiculous now.

I could possibly understand it if Clark played instead of Reilly, however the only potential beneficiary of the change in system, and Reilly being dropped, is Lyle.

If there is an ulterior motive for dropping Reilly, and I don't think there is, it is nothing to do with favouring Clark.

He plays no matter what. ;)

I could possibly understand it if Clark played instead of Reilly, however the only potential beneficiary of the change in system, and Reilly being dropped, is Lyle.

If there is an ulterior motive for dropping Reilly, and I don't think there is, it is nothing to do with favouring Clark.

He plays no matter what. ;)

Don't worry yourself Flash. Reilly will be back sooner rather than later and then you can relax ;)

Interesting piece about Gordon Chisholm`s next port of call in todays Herald. He has now been appointed International Development Coach for his old club Sunderland . He will promote the Mackems around the world and identify foreign talent at the same time . He is just back from Malta and Barcelona where Sunderland have football schools . He says that he has been handed a blank piece of paper in that he does not have to be anywhere in particular at any one time and just to do as he see`s best.

Except you wont dry.gif

Well you’re right I just couldn’t bide myself.;)

The same question being asked by so many different people about the substitutions, how do you explain that then?

One of the posters on your mad site must have seen and heard something similar and seems to be of the same opinion regarding Clark.

One of the posters on your mad site must have seen and heard something similar and seems to be of the same opinion regarding Clark.

I've highlighted the most important word in that sentence.

Well you’re right I just couldn’t bide myself.;)

The same question being asked by so many different people about the substitutions, how do you explain that then?

What substitutions? Are you talking about the Killie game? Yes, several people, including myself, thought AJ should have made changes earlier. Whats your point?