The Queen of the South thread

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

To clarify:-

QoS fans - knicker wetters.

QoS side - shitters of the bed.

Add in the George Galloway debacle and we really are an unsanitary football club.

I knew our big plastic sheet would be good for something cos it's certainly not football. 

That’s Mebude finished for the season then as the bans are upheld 
Slightly less gutted than had it been upheld a few weeks back. He's went off the boil the last couple of games. Having said that I'd love to see him back next season.

Guest Flash
8 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

That’s Mebude finished for the season then as the bans are upheld 

If Rangers hadn't appealed, he would have been back for Saturday and next Friday, which might have been more use. Saying that, we took one point from the three league games that he was available for due to the appeal.
If we’re in the relegation play-offs and win the semi-final, he’ll be available for the final.

3 hours ago, the tactician said:

Have Heard some rumours this morning that there was training bust up between Dapo and Dickson with Dickson being sent back too Rangers 

Dapo isn't available anyway and Dickson isn't a massive loss if Pybus is fit, even then we have other midfielders to come in. A pity players don't show the same fight during matches as they seem to do at training. I can't say I'm overly bothered about either being out tbh 

Dapo isn't available anyway and Dickson isn't a massive loss if Pybus is fit, even then we have other midfielders to come in. A pity players don't show the same fight during matches as they seem to do at training. I can't say I'm overly bothered about either being out tbh 

Hopefully will allow us to return to the midfield that started our turn in form

Hopefully will allow us to return to the midfield that started our turn in form
I wouldn't be against it tbh but I'm not sure what the script is with Nortey? And I expect Pybus will be starting if Dickson is out.

In case things go wrong tomorrow and there is a tide of negativity thought I would just express my gratitude to everyone at the Club for all they have done this season in very difficult circumstances.  Indeed, it has been the same for every Club and they all deserve great credit for providing us with football to watch over the past months.

Some would say the Staff and players are lucky to have been working and getting paid given the dire situation of many others.

However,  I suspect this season has presented many more challenges than a ' normal ' one would and I for one am very surprised that the season is about to conclude without major disruption as I thought it would be a case of stop/start on a regular basis.

Team sports are based on team spirit and bonding which have been significantly impacted over the piece e.g. travelling to games.   Pre and post match routines are very different and I think that may provide the potential to affect the motivation - quite understandably -  of some players.

Then of course there is the ongoing Pandemic itself and its impact on individuals and their families of which footballers are a part.

Whether we finish 4th or 9th, well done to all at QOS and to Clubs in general.

7 hours ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

In case things go wrong tomorrow and there is a tide of negativity thought I would just express my gratitude to everyone at the Club for all they have done this season in very difficult circumstances.  

Does that cover Boxing Day's guest list?

Recorded the BBC's "Scottish Cup Classics" programme covering our 2008 final and watched it last night.  Brought back plenty of memories but two in particular were stand-outs.  First Lee McCulloch's horrendous tackle on wee Bob Harris early in the first half - LMcC got a yellow card but the action replay showed he was off the ground, studs up and out of control - easily a red card which both Michael Stewart and Steven Thompson agreed with on the programme.  Second was big Sean getting barged over in the box also in the first half - thought it was a penalty at the time during the game but the replay last night only convinced me further.  So a couple of key moments in that first half that could well have changed the course of that match.  Of course it would have taken a brave ref. to send McCulloch off right in front of Walter and Ally and 35,000 Bears.

Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove also irked me watching it last night - Cosgrove wondered how a club like Queens could get that far in the competition.  It's almost as if he thinks his beloved St Johnstone galacticos are some level of footballing magnitude higher than the likes of Queens (this is where someone tells me they are in the league above us).  Also, wee Tam picked out a Queens fan in the crowd and suggested that it was probably the first time he'd ever been to watch Queens - well, yes he probably wasn't far wrong there but surely that goes for the likes of Motherwell and St Johnstone's crowds that they take to Hampden for national finals also - I went to the Motherwell/Dundee United 4-3 cup final a few decades back and the Well probably took 25-30,000 to Hampden that day, compare that with the regular 4,000 that show up at Fir Park for home games ....... kettle calling teapot black, Tam?

I had expected the usual patronising stuff from the BBC ....... and to be fair, in the main they didn't let me down.

Pybus was in the midfield when our form took an upturn
For 16 minutes, yes. He played no part in our best run of results though. I'm not suggesting we got those results because he wasn't playing but similarly I don't think he was a loss to the side either.

Regardless, I expect he'll start today and I have to admit from what I've seen I prefer Pybus to Dickson anyway.

Recorded the BBC's "Scottish Cup Classics" programme covering our 2008 final and watched it last night.  Brought back plenty of memories but two in particular were stand-outs.  First Lee McCulloch's horrendous tackle on wee Bob Harris early in the first half - LMcC got a yellow card but the action replay showed he was off the ground, studs up and out of control - easily a red card which both Michael Stewart and Steven Thompson agreed with on the programme.  Second was big Sean getting barged over in the box also in the first half - thought it was a penalty at the time during the game but the replay last night only convinced me further.  So a couple of key moments in that first half that could well have changed the course of that match.  Of course it would have taken a brave ref. to send McCulloch off right in front of Walter and Ally and 35,000 Bears.
Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove also irked me watching it last night - Cosgrove wondered how a club like Queens could get that far in the competition.  It's almost as if he thinks his beloved St Johnstone galacticos are some level of footballing magnitude higher than the likes of Queens (this is where someone tells me they are in the league above us).  Also, wee Tam picked out a Queens fan in the crowd and suggested that it was probably the first time he'd ever been to watch Queens - well, yes he probably wasn't far wrong there but surely that goes for the likes of Motherwell and St Johnstone's crowds that they take to Hampden for national finals also - I went to the Motherwell/Dundee United 4-3 cup final a few decades back and the Well probably took 25-30,000 to Hampden that day, compare that with the regular 4,000 that show up at Fir Park for home games ....... kettle calling teapot black, Tam?
I had expected the usual patronising stuff from the BBC ....... and to be fair, in the main they didn't let me down.
Watched it this morning. Can't disagree with a word of this recap. Get Tam, Stuart and Miss Scotland out of there and get fokk that would being something to the party involved. Players who played that day, fans, journos. Literally anyone else really.

A fizzled out season in the end but given I thought we were relegation cannon fodder earlier in the season (along with around 95% of supporters in the division) a 6th/7th place finish is an extremely good achievement and the players and management deserve all the credit they'll receive. I'd have been expecting a new deal for AJ after today as result. I still think we'll regret giving him 2 years but won't focus on that the now.

It's been a real mixed bag of a season. At times we've played some really good football, capable of beating anyone. On the flip-side some of it has been absolute turgid shite. Today's game not a rarity unfortunately.

Off the pitch has been just as eventful. The BoD deserve a lot of credit for giving AJ a budget good enough to get us mid-table but again on the flip-side the George Galloway debacle was a dark affair for the club and the contempt they showed for the support really sticks in the craw. Not once but twice making a complete arse of the apology really leaves a bitter taste.

The media team deserve a huge amount of credit as well. Well done to all involved. The best price in the division and one of, if not the best production on offer. Unbiased and informative commentary and good use of replays on the feed. A couple of hiccups but overall as good as you could hope for.

I expect it'll be another rebuild job for AJ next season but hopefully he can work the loan market as well next season and get a good mix of youth and experience. More importantly I hope we'll be able to view next season's squad in the flesh from the very first kick-off!

For me, first priority next season is to get a taller keeper who can dominate the 6 yard box and doesn't stay on his goal line (ie attacks the ball, collecting or punching away crosses ). Then a big central defender (not Aroon Dickhead) who dominates the penalty box and again attacks crosses. Also, I wonder if big Holty will be back?

For me, first priority next season is to get a taller keeper who can dominate the 6 yard box and doesn't stay on his goal line (ie attacks the ball, collecting or punching away crosses ). Then a big central defender (not Aroon Dickhead) who dominates the penalty box and again attacks crosses. Also, I wonder if big Holty will be back?
I thought Ferguson has been fine for the most part. He certainly doesn't stay rooted to his line all game.

If we're talking priorities then it has to be a central midfielder with an ounce of creativity for me.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought Ferguson has been fine for the most part. He certainly doesn't stay rooted to his line all game.

If we're talking priorities then it has to be a central midfielder with an ounce of creativity for me.

Yeah, I quite like Ferguson - apart from when he tries to do a David Hutton with the ball at his feet - still bear the scars of that day in Perth.

Agree with this also - oh for a midfielder who can carry the ball up the field and then make a pass that sees us retain possession - asking too much?

9 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

The bit about the fan was mentioned on Off The Ball and he emailed in to say he had been to three QOS games in his life.

If you didn't like the talking heads in that one don't watch the ICT V Falkirk one as it has Janey Godley who even more unfunny than usual as she knows nothing about football and James Allan of Glasvegas who looks like an absolute bawbag ( he is wearing shades in the darkened screening room)

Dinnae you lot go demob happy just yet. Just take care of Dundee come Friday evening and finish on a high to help us out. After all we let you graciously kickstart your remarkable recovery from a horrendous first half to the season back on Boxing Day.😊