The Queen of the South thread

21 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Have we not asked to get our first few games away just in case the  Pamly pitch is not ready .

League games? No.

We asked for the 1st couple of League Cup dates away in case pitch wasn't ready but that's not ultimately going to matter anyway. The pitch is miles ahead of schedule because the weather has been so good. It will be finished next week and it's got a test booked week after.

27 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

League games? No.

We asked for the 1st couple of League Cup dates away in case pitch wasn't ready but that's not ultimately going to matter anyway. The pitch is miles ahead of schedule because the weather has been so good. It will be finished next week and it's got a test booked week after.

I hope the shock absorbers are ok, wouldn't want it to fail it's MOT. 

You said in an earlier post that the lines on the picture of the pitch wouldn't be seen once the crumb went down, I thought that was now not allowed for  health and safety reasons or is it a different crumb they use now? Hope they use green crumb if possible. 

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I was rather hoping that the game with East Fife would be away and that QP were still playing at Larbert as both a relatively easy journey for me. C’est La vie. 

Based on mention of Larbert, a Stirling away game next season to look forward to at least.

47 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I hope the shock absorbers are ok, wouldn't want it to fail it's MOT. 

You said in an earlier post that the lines on the picture of the pitch wouldn't be seen once the crumb went down, I thought that was now not allowed for  health and safety reasons or is it a different crumb they use now? Hope they use green crumb if possible. 

It's not currently banned. As I understand it the EU have proposed to ban it and give 8 years notice to stop using them but that legislation hasn't formally passed yet (it's in a European Parliamentary review phase) and we're no longer in the EU either for that matter, though it's widely expected the UK Govt will follow suit. Either way I'd imagine it will end up being long enough to see this pitch out.

I can't imagine the notion of artificial pitches will be ditched altogether. It would cost Govts across Europe a fortune to grant fund changing them all back after paying a fortune to put them all down in the first place. There's a proposal to replace the rubber with cork although last I knew industry experts were saying that wouldn't work in cooler climates which I think we can safely assume includes Scotland!

It's green crumb. We'll obviously get @Greenacres to pop in and give it a proper seal of approval once the offical testing guys who don't really know what they're doing have finished with it. Without the Greenacres seal of approval it's nothing really.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I see Ryan Muir is on the PFA available list. I know all the boys who haven't signed are out of contract but he's the only one on there. Do the players have to request they go on there? If so it would suggest he may well be off. Wouldn't lose sleep over it but I think he wasn't given a fair crack. 

31 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I see Ryan Muir is on the PFA available list. I know all the boys who haven't signed are out of contract but he's the only one on there. Do the players have to request they go on there? If so it would suggest he may well be off. Wouldn't lose sleep over it but I think he wasn't given a fair crack. 

I think the PFA ask them if they want to go on it rather than they actively seek to go on it. I don't think it means an awful lot other than that he hasn't already sorted another club. Others may not be on it because they have agreed something somewhere (be it here or elsewhere) or are very close to doing so and don't need to be marketed.

As previously noted, the window doesn't even open till the 14th. A lot will keep options open till then, or not confirm what they are doing till then.

I see that over on the League 1 squad thread @Skyline Drifter has said ...

"I wouldn't be worrying about the recruitment just yet."

So don't think we should be getting our knickers in a twist yet over lack of signings. SD will be close to the action here and I'd suggest plenty is happening in the background. Keep the faith folks.

21 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Group G 

Motherwell, Queens Park, East Fife, Elgin City

The top sides could have been worse. Played Motherwell, QP and Elgin fairly recently in cups so it's slightly meh but if our recruitment is right we have a wee chance of second spot I think. Hope we're at home to Elgin this time as that's pretty shite to be away again but I think it'll be away again? 

Is it my imagination or do QoS always seem to draw Motherwell? 

9 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

We've just signed Stuart Morrison, what's the verdict?

You're better asking Queens Park fans tbh. He only managed a handful of games for us before being crocked for the season. For that reason alone I was happy to see him go. No idea how good he could have been as he never had a decent run of games. Going PT might mean you get more game time out of him. 

Edited by 19QOS19

10 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

We've just signed Stuart Morrison, what's the verdict?

Barely played, very injury prone. My only real memory of him is getting rag dolled by Alegria away to Falkirk.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

You're better asking Queens Park fans tbh. He only managed a handful of games for us before being crocked for the season. For that reason alone I was happy to see him go. No idea how good he could have been as he never had a decent run of games. Going PT might mean you get more game time out of him. 

What type of injury was it.

5 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

What type of injury was it.

A bad one... I actually can't remember tbh but he was out for around 9 months I think? I don't know if it was ACL but something tells me it was something to do with the knee. I'm sure SD will clarify. Can't be bothered going through our matches but two websites say he played 7 games for us last season. One of them was after his injury. PT football may be his future now as I'm sure he got a bad injury the season before with QP. 

In fairness the QP fans said we had signed a cracking defender if he could stay fit. Sadly he never managed to do that. 

ETA - Had a quick look. It was his ankle and foot ligaments apparently. I think he had to go under the knife twice though. 

Edited by 19QOS19

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

A bad one... I actually can't remember tbh but he was out for around 9 months I think? I don't know if it was ACL but something tells me it was something to do with the knee. I'm sure SD will clarify. Can't be bothered going through our matches but two websites say he played 7 games for us last season. One of them was after his injury. PT football may be his future now as I'm sure he got a bad injury the season before with QP. 

In fairness the QP fans said we had signed a cracking defender if he could stay fit. Sadly he never managed to do that. 

ETA - Had a quick look. It was his ankle and foot ligaments apparently. I think he had to go under the knife twice though. 

Ouch sounds very similar situation to our own Darren Whyte who effectively missed the whole season too.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

I see that over on the League 1 squad thread @Skyline Drifter has said ...

"I wouldn't be worrying about the recruitment just yet."

So don't think we should be getting our knickers in a twist yet over lack of signings. SD will be close to the action here and I'd suggest plenty is happening in the background. Keep the faith folks.

I've been damned busy this week..............

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah, his ankle. And he did need surgery twice, as first one didn't fully solve the problem. Needed a second tidy up. Injured at Falkirk at the end of August and didn't return to fitness until April though he only played that 2nd half v Montrose after Brydon had been sent off. He also played the whole game v Hibs in the Reserves.

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I've been damned busy this week..............

Aye apparently Messi's agent called but the Palmerston phone was engaged. So he said "sod this" (in Spanish obviously) and called Inter Miami.