The Queen of the South thread

6 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

any other job in life where you are failing to perform to a certain standard usually results in getting the punt without being financially rewarded for being useless!

I read this a lot, but I'm not convinced it's true.

In an awful lot of jobs it's pretty hard to get dismissed and would require some type of gross misconduct. 

Not doing a very good job, does not generally result in people getting sacked.  Football managers must be among the most vulnerable employees that you can get, in this regard.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/exclusive-queen-south-chairman-billy-7802297?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

had a chuckle to myself reading that article there from 2016. James Fowler sacked as Queens took 5 points from 9 league games as Billy Hewitson says

“But at the end of the day, it’s a results-based business and the results over the last seven or eight weeks haven’t been great.

“Our ambition as a club is to finish in the top four and right up until a few weeks back we had a chance of finishing in a play-off spot.

So under Marv we’ve took 4 points from our last 9 in a much easier league. What’s happening Billy? The silence is deafening…..

On 16/11/2023 at 14:01, HighlandQueen said:

Yes last Saturday. It was poor. As I said 2 terrible performances and he should go. Let’s see what Saturday brings. Putting forward names like Dodds, McIntyre etc makes me want to hang onto Marv at the moment. 

Dodds has been involved in 3 cup finals as an assistant and a manager.

McIntyre did well with us last time, won the league cup with County and a promotion with Dunfermline. He also had Cove punching above their weight before being sacked harshly.

What has Bartley achieved as a coach/manager? We've seen no indication so far that he has what it takes.

On 16/11/2023 at 15:51, Greenacres said:

We have to try and give him as long as we can will cost a fortune to pay the rest of his contract..

Do we give Bartley the Jan transfer window to try and inprove the squad or do use that money to pay the remainder of his contract 

Difficult decision for the board

I think it's a no-brainer to be honest. He squandered his budget in the summer. Why throw good money after bad?

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/exclusive-queen-south-chairman-billy-7802297?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

had a chuckle to myself reading that article there from 2016. James Fowler sacked as Queens took 5 points from 9 league games as Billy Hewitson says

“But at the end of the day, it’s a results-based business and the results over the last seven or eight weeks haven’t been great.

“Our ambition as a club is to finish in the top four and right up until a few weeks back we had a chance of finishing in a play-off spot.

So under Marv we’ve took 4 points from our last 9 in a much easier league. What’s happening Billy? The silence is deafening…..

Snap!

Screenshot_20231117-164830~2.png

Aye, another couple of Hewitson media howlers being quoted above.  If he ever lowers himself to speak to the media again he should just say "Football is a results-based business, except when the result is the thought of me having to pay off a failing manager who has more than a year left on his contract".

Interesting to note that the board had ambitions and targets back in 2016.  I don't think they have mentioned having either since then.

Edited by Slipmat

But we know that Gibson's sacking probably owed something to the charges he faced too.

The club was wise in not identifying that as a cause of the dismissal, but I think it's likely it was a factor.

It probably means that the situation with Bartley this year is not the direct parallel it might appear to be in points terms.

56 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Snap!

Screenshot_20231117-164830~2.png

Based on the wording highlighted do we assume BH and the rest of the board are happy with the way things are going atm?

Edited by bod

1 hour ago, bod said:

Interesting and pleased to see Me Gibson was not charged with racism yesterday. Not that some on here will be happy with that outcome!

Don't think any QoS fan has ever advocated racism tbh. Bit of a bizarre post. 

4 hours ago, bod said:

Interesting and pleased to see Me Gibson was not charged with racism yesterday. Not that some on here will be happy with that outcome!

Alleged threatening behaviour is however unbecoming of any manager in any walk of life. Can’t see how anyone can disagree with that…