The Queen of the South thread

17 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Chris Sutton defends Marvin ... oh well, everything will be OK then 🤣🤣🤣

It’s all pretty academic. We need to start winning games.

Looks like the Board are worrying about the cost of any change but I do believe that if we don’t take anything out of the next 4 games then sadly it becomes an inevitability. 

Cup games against bigger teams st Palmerston have always had a magic for me. Although I will go tomorrow I just can’t get excited about it as all zi can see is another drubbing. 

C’mon Marv get something out of these players tomorrow, even some fight, effort and commitment. I just hope we don’t try a hyper defensive approach or it will be eye bleeding to watch. 

21 hours ago, annan4eva said:

The tone of your post suggests you think you’re Mr informed and the dog’s baws ! You support a full team from a huge catchment area ( in Scotland) in a league where you have a part time club in the one above. Unique in Europe. And you’ve not been to Annan yet? 

Mr Informed 😂😂

I'd say educated guess work but I suppose in football on many occasions educated guesses go out the window. Bartley very much could be sacked tonight is how football can be.

The fact Bartley wasn't gone after Saturday and the cringe interview to me suggests he has at least until at least to the 16th to escape being sacked or mutual agreement happening, that said dropping into the bottom two pre Edinburgh game might just make it happen before then for the new manager bounce that doesn't happen as often as suggested.

The board/decision makers at the club will have one eye on a replacement I'd guess and I'm not being in the know there. 

I've been to Annan before to see my team play there but struggling for reference to that game or the upcoming games.

6 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Mr Informed 😂😂

I'd say educated guess work but I suppose in football on many occasions educated guesses go out the window. Bartley very much could be sacked tonight is how football can be.

The fact Bartley wasn't gone after Saturday and the cringe interview to me suggests he has at least until at least to the 16th to escape being sacked or mutual agreement happening, that said dropping into the bottom two pre Edinburgh game might just make it happen before then for the new manager bounce that doesn't happen as often as suggested.

The board/decision makers at the club will have one eye on a replacement I'd guess and I'm not being in the know there. 

I've been to Annan before to see my team play there but struggling for reference to that game or the upcoming games.

We played Falkirk 1st game so no idea what’s happened with schedule.

19 hours ago, Slipmat said:

That could explain why he has a soft spot for Morton.  😆

He had a 10 or so year managerial apprenticeship in non-league football before managing at Football League level.  The way we are going, that experience in the non-league game could make him the ideal candidate for a future role as QoS manager.

He’d cost you more per week than Michael Mathisons roamin charges. 

The thing that annoys me about Queens these days is the inability to keep up with the times.

Lack of previews on the website, dead silence regarding injuries and non existent highlights.

I don't get how teams like Linlithgow Rose and Irvine Victoria can upload games each week and we can't. Just give us something. Short clips of goals is fine. We don't need multiple camera angles and replays. You're alienating a younger audience by not doing this. I know you get this via the SPFL YouTube channel on a Wednesday but come on.

It's really, really hard to keep involved with the club if you live outside Dumfries. The most information you get is from Skyline Drifter on here.  That's not right.

I know volunteers play a big role in doing the social media stuff, but it's 2023 not 1993. The club needs to evolve and needs a bit of love. Just like the Main Stand.

55 minutes ago, The-coo-shed said:

The thing that annoys me about Queens these days is the inability to keep up with the times.

Lack of previews on the website, dead silence regarding injuries and non existent highlights.

I don't get how teams like Linlithgow Rose and Irvine Victoria can upload games each week and we can't. Just give us something. Short clips of goals is fine. We don't need multiple camera angles and replays. You're alienating a younger audience by not doing this. I know you get this via the SPFL YouTube channel on a Wednesday but come on.

It's really, really hard to keep involved with the club if you live outside Dumfries. The most information you get is from Skyline Drifter on here.  That's not right.

I know volunteers play a big role in doing the social media stuff, but it's 2023 not 1993. The club needs to evolve and needs a bit of love. Just like the Main Stand.

Hard to argue against most of your points there. Quite a few Queens fans on here (myself included) are part of the fairly large Dumfries diaspora and live away from the town now. Some comments though:

- we actually get zip from @Skyline Drifter these days, I think he's taken the huff with some of us although most of us valued his input.

- These days I'd imagine it's quite hard to put together a short highlights package ... basically because ... we'll, to be frank there usually aren't any highlights in our games now.

Edited by Otis Blue

1 hour ago, The-coo-shed said:

I've said this before but this stems from the boardroom as well. Other clubs I've been involved with generate their volunteers through proactive leadership encouraging people to get stuck in and making them feel valued when they're there. We just don't have that going on. There's no life in the club, it's being suffocated from the top. 

Going by ticket sales it’s going to be a very small home crowd. Dundee Utd haven’t sold their allocation either but will still outnumber Queens fans. Scottish cup games used to get a decent crowd. Maybe the board will be shocked into action when they see how small the home crowd is today. Then again probably not.

17 minutes ago, overthetop said:

Going by ticket sales it’s going to be a very small home crowd. Dundee Utd haven’t sold their allocation either but will still outnumber Queens fans. Scottish cup games used to get a decent crowd. Maybe the board will be shocked into action when they see how small the home crowd is today. Then again probably not.

This board won’t be shocked into anything - they clearly don’t give a toss!

16 hours ago, The-coo-shed said:

All very fair comments. Several non league clubs with much smaller infrastructure and support put our communication and media interaction to shame. It is particularly disappointing not to get a brief highlights package even goal clips. It is all symptomatic of a wider decline. If you don’t keep striving to improve other minnows will overtake us - just ask Brechin, Berwick etc.

On the subject of Skyline I valued his input just not his condemnation of anybody holding a different view to his.