The Queen of the South thread

12 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yeah he's one of the dinosaurs I had in my mind tbh I would stay away from him. I don't think Billy Dodds is a good manager and wouldn't want him at accies but I would even take him before someone like John Hughes maybe that is someone who could stable QOTS a bit? 

Dear god no. Just no to either of them

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

I'm not sure.  It may just be my take on the interview, but I thought I sensed for the first time he's a worried man.

As for the Brydon comment, does it not dawn on Bartley that despite having nearly 30 players at his disposal, with probably close to a dozen who could be described as defenders it seems that only one (Brydon) is capable of following his instructions?

He just looked exhausted, hunted and a man that had run out of ideas. He was actually rambling for the first time. I know he has been terrible and has to go but I did feel a bit sorry for him. 

43 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Aye, I fear he's here 'til the end if the season, at least. My hope is that the Board, assuming they still give a shit given they're jacking it in, are waiting on someone who is currently under contract becoming available in the summer before paying Bartley off. 

Yes and escaping into the sunset by blaming our relegation on Marv! 

5 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

He just looked exhausted, hunted and a man that had run out of ideas. He was actually rambling for the first time. I know he has been terrible and has to go but I did feel a bit sorry for him. 

He was rambling on in the video game interview as well tbh. It's not the first time he's tried to hammer home a point. We literally know what's coming every week in his interviews, it says it all. 

I'm actually past the point of feeling sorry for him because he's not trying anything new. He's sticking with a system that clearly isn't working. If he only has one system then management isn't for him. 

58 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Serious question folks: would you want us to really skelp you next week in order to hasten his demise, or maybe scrape a draw that he and your board may see as progress?

Nah, he'll be able to use the "no shame in getting skelped by the runaway leaders" card in the event of a hiding. Appreciate the offer though!

Sadly our board have bottled making the big Bartley decision by announcing their own departure first, which is bordering on criminal really. So he's here to the season end and we just have to hope that we scrape any points from any unlikely source we can in the last few games. Maybe McGlynn could try out some weans next Saturday ... would probably still be too much for our lot mind.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Reading the last few pages of your thread (and just keeping an eye on it generally over the last few months) and if you swapped 'Bartley' for 'Farrell' it would easily pass as our thread.

Fascinating to see which board cracks first. I keep hearing that, at any other club, Faz would've been sacked by now. Which is probably true...with you you guys the only exception. I'm staggered Bartley is still in a job.

I'm not au fait with current issues at The Rock but just had a wee peek at the L2 table (tempting fate I know) and The Sons are fairly safely in the promotion playoffs whereas Queens are staring at the dreaded drop yet again.  So I'm not sure how similar happenings are at our two clubs, particularly when we have failed so miserably despite remaining a FT side.  We get the Accies fans in the L1 threads saying similar about Rankin despite being safely in 2nd place.

42 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I'm not au fait with current issues at The Rock but just had a wee peek at the L2 table (tempting fate I know) and The Sons are fairly safely in the promotion playoffs 

Over the last 15 games they've been the ninth best team in that league. I'm not sure how safe that playoff spot is. Combine that with their disastrous end to last season with Farrell in charge and I can see why Dumbarton fans are desperate to get shot of him.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

I'm not au fait with current issues at The Rock but just had a wee peek at the L2 table (tempting fate I know) and The Sons are fairly safely in the promotion playoffs whereas Queens are staring at the dreaded drop yet again.  So I'm not sure how similar happenings are at our two clubs, particularly when we have failed so miserably despite remaining a FT side.  We get the Accies fans in the L1 threads saying similar about Rankin despite being safely in 2nd place.

36 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Over the last 15 games they've been the ninth best team in that league. I'm not sure how safe that playoff spot is. Combine that with their disastrous end to last season with Farrell in charge and I can see why Dumbarton fans are desperate to get shot of him.

Aye. Basically this. We've won four games in four months. On the back of blowing a double figure lead in the league last season and then losing 6-0 to Annan in the playoffs semi-final first leg. And being relegated the season before that.

It's been a rare laugh.

50 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Aye. Basically this. We've won four games in four months. On the back of blowing a double figure lead in the league last season and then losing 6-0 to Annan in the playoffs semi-final first leg. And being relegated the season before that.

It's been a rare laugh.

Aw mate, sit down and I'll tell you a tale. It'll make you feel far better:- 

I'd kill for that kind of form. We've won 4 games in 5 months. Of our 8 wins this season, 5 of them have come against the bottom 2 in the league; as well as 63% of our total points tally. The last two games against those two sides we've mustered 1 point. So you can appreciate how bad things are when our 'points Cow' has dried up. We're heading one way. 

How I imagine the board meetings unfold at Palmerston. 

We've tried nothing, and we're all out of ideas. : r/TheSimpsons

Absolutely astounding and contemptible that they are sitting on their hands and doing nothing about the current state the club is in.  Very clear they stopped giving a shit a long time ago.  The fans deserve so much better.

Nice to see and hear Marvellous Marv on viaplay giving his words of wisdom about premier league players!

Great to see he's giving our precarious position his full attention. Would love Lennon to tell him he's in no position to comment on other teams.

43 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

How I imagine the board meetings unfold at Palmerston. 

We've tried nothing, and we're all out of ideas. : r/TheSimpsons

Absolutely astounding and contemptible that they are sitting on their hands and doing nothing about the current state the club is in.  Very clear they stopped giving a shit a long time ago.  The fans deserve so much better.

8iq0ya.jpg

39 minutes ago, bod said:

Nice to see and hear Marvellous Marv on viaplay giving his words of wisdom about premier league players!

Great to see he's giving our precarious position his full attention. Would love Lennon to tell him he's in no position to comment on other teams.

Maybe they didn't want to announce his sacking just before he went on telly.  Instead, the announcement will be tomorrow.

That's the theory I'm increasingly desperately clinging to.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Maybe they didn't want to announce his sacking just before he went on telly.  Instead, the announcement will be tomorrow.

That's the theory I'm increasingly desperately clinging to.

Would love it if the announcement came while he was on air!

Am I the only one that finds myself scanning facebook pages and the official site desperately looking for news of his sacking?  Surely not even he can survive yesterdays shambles.

We had this discussion a couple of years ago when Kenny Miller was our interim manager. We were absolutely honking, yet any opportunity to go on some form of media and salivate about Rangers, Miller would be there. I thought this was pretty bad form, others weren’t bothered, saying people can do what they want with their spare time. But Bartley is your full-time manager. It’s obviously not my place to tell Queens fans how to think, but going on the TV 24 hours after his full-time side have been dragged into a League One relegation scrap to offer his insight into a Hibs Rangers game doesn’t seem a great look to me.