The Queen of the South thread

9 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

This guy is a great friend of mine: an Accies supporter who moved from Hamilton to Carlisle; his boy Harry plays for Queens Under 18’s and he sponsors Annan as well as having a long-standing Hospitality Box at Carlisle.

He is ambitious in both his business and in football, although I would have liked him coming on the Board at Accies.

I wonder whose result he will be looking out for first? 

"Accies, CarlisleAnnan Queens have always been the club for me".

Edited by Bairn in Exile

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

He's no' very good a picking successful Clubs to support is he? Obviously didn't make his money doing the Pools.

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Been told he's good friends with Peter Murphy as well? 

Great news.

I'd have Murphy here, knows how to get the best out of players and play with some attacking intent and passion. 

Edited by bod

44 minutes ago, bod said:

Great news.

I'd have Murphy here, knows how to get the best out of players and play with some attacking intent and passion. 

He would surely never want to put himself in the position of potentially sacking his best mate though would he? 

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

McCall is definitely the manager for the job then :lol:

Peter Murphy certainly wouldn't be a bad appointment for QOTS he's done an excellent job at Annan think you guys could do a lot worse than that if you do decide to change manager at the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Peter Murphy certainly wouldn't be a bad appointment for QOTS he's done an excellent job at Annan think you guys could do a lot worse than that if you do decide to change manager at the end of the season. 

Pretty sure he was mentioned by a few punters as an option prior to Bartley's appointment. One drawback put forward was him living in the Carlisle area and us currently training in Hamilton, some travelling unless that was changed. 

Eta: Of course if we go part time that might not be to much of a problem. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I’d take him at Accies as he knows how to use his resources wisely unlike our scatter-gun current Manager.

So sad to read of the passing of Iain McChesney, absolute legend, never gave less than his all on the pitch. A true club man start to finish. Rest easy Ches, rest easy.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yeah, just heard this - sad news.  

A link to when I started watching.

I met him at Dumfries and Galloway golf club. Lovely man and a tremendous player in our  1970s seasons for me in particular. Brilliant one club man. We haven’t one player fit to clean his boots in the current team. He was never given the recognition his excellent play deserved. Sad

Echo what others have already said about Ches. A great servant to the Club both on and off the park. Sadly another passing of someone I admired in my teenage years watching Queens. Condolences to his family and friends.