The Queen of the South thread

13 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Really impressed with Murphy’s business so far but don’t ruin all that good work with the signing of Stewart 🧤 🤦🏻‍♂️

Was really poor for us on loan a few years back.

Have seen him play on the Friday night live T.V. games for Thistle he looks no better .

We always have the loan option if when we need to add another keeper .

Signing so far have been good  I would hope for Gibson and Connolly to be added next week..

Mimnaugh as well but depends on his fitness.

McGuffie has shown in flashes what he can do but is that enough.

Our next new signings will be the most difficult getting forwards who can get us goals .

18 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I see you lads have decided to stay in League One for the foreseeable.

My condolences. 

This surely has to be a wind up.  He is absolutely honking!  Beyond me how he made it at senior level.

I'm surprised that people thought every one of our signings would be top drawer, granted we seem to have done ok with who's come in in the last few days but the reality is we're not going to attract  the best to fill every position. It's all pure speculation just now about the keeper position anyway. 

3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm surprised that people thought every one of our signings would be top drawer, granted we seem to have done ok with who's come in in the last few days but the reality is we're not going to attract  the best to fill every position. It's all pure speculation just now about the keeper position anyway. 

They don't all need to be top drawer but similarly we shouldn't be expecting to sign complete shite just because of what division we're in. If he signs I'm fully expecting/hoping Cowie will be our No. 1. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

They don't all need to be top drawer but similarly we shouldn't be expecting to sign complete shite just because of what division we're in. If he signs I'm fully expecting/hoping Cowie will be our No. 1. 

Going from Sneddon to Stewart in under a day is a kick in the balls

8 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

Couldn’t agree more. Puzzling. Wouldn’t have swapped him for this bombscare

Totally agree - Botterill was very unlucky to be a No 2 for us. We had two excellent GKs last year but unfortunately little else. I assumed that he would be our No 1 this season and most QOS fans would have been very satisfied with that. Think we have missed a trick there but player may have wanted to leave in which case not much you can do about it.

2 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Totally agree - Botterill was very unlucky to be a No 2 for us. We had two excellent GKs last year but unfortunately little else. I assumed that he would be our No 1 this season and most QOS fans would have been very satisfied with that. Think we have missed a trick there but player may have wanted to leave in which case not much you can do about it.

He was a very adequate back up but not technically good enough to be a No 1.   Nothing against him and I wish him all the best.  Be interesting to see where he goes from here.

11 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Was really poor for us on loan a few years back.

Have seen him play on the Friday night live T.V. games for Thistle he looks no better .

We always have the loan option if when we need to add another keeper .

Signing so far have been good  I would hope for Gibson and Connolly to be added next week..

Mimnaugh as well but depends on his fitness.

McGuffie has shown in flashes what he can do but is that enough.

Our next new signings will be the most difficult getting forwards who can get us goals .

Mcguffie will only ever show in flashes.. lovely footballer but no pace for a winger ..it'll always be now & again

9 hours ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Mcguffie will only ever show in flashes.. lovely footballer but no pace for a winger ..it'll always be now & again

Stephen Dobbie had quite a few off days (first time around!). John Connelly was always quite keen to drop John O'Neil.  I feel you should be able to "carry" one flair player. Having said that, I'd rather it was Lewis Gibson!

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Does that make Ross Stewart more of a No. 2?

10 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

If we can keep this guy fit I’d say we’ll be in for a treat 

The only highlights package I’ve ever watched, and there have been plenty with all the randoms we’ve signed over the years, that resembled anything even remotely similar to the player that rocked up, was Joel Noubles. 

A highlights package made me think Deri Corfe was a player, probably the worst signing in Arbroaths history.

Posted (edited)

Not quite been the same on here the last day or so!

As for the Dickinson signing, he should be a good one if he stays fit but makes me think we won't be seeing young Gibson again.

Edited by bod

3 minutes ago, bod said:

As for the Dickinson signing, he should be a good one if he stays fit but makes me think we won't be seeing young Gibson again.

We dont have a RM yet. Hopefully Gibson accepts the offer. One more year at this level actually being played will do him good. Surely Murphy can't be as thick as Bartley and rarely feature him. 

3 minutes ago, bod said:

Think 2  of  last season  squad are signing on Monday .

I am hoping with the Tanner Fund saying they are using the money that is remaining to help with a signing that it is Gibson .

Hopefully the other player is Connelly.

We are signing a goalkeeper as well he was   on loan a few years back.

9 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

We are signing a goalkeeper as well he was   on loan a few years back.

Surprised at the Jambos letting Zander Clark go out on loan tbf ... 🤔

18 hours ago, Katboy said:

He was a very adequate back up but not technically good enough to be a No 1.   Nothing against him and I wish him all the best.  Be interesting to see where he goes from here.

It all depends who we can get in. I reserve judgement until I see the new incumbent. There are a lot worse first choices than Botterill.