The Queen of the South thread

52 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

He’s absolutely spot on with the reasoning. Nice to see decisions get communicated clearly for a change.

IMG_9419.png

No issue with this whatsoever. Folk who greet about "A want ma ain seat!!" are OFTW IMO. 

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I wasn’t a huge fan of Hogarth, and I can’t really tell you why. He done OK at the level below but I never really felt fully confident with him in goal and always thought he looked like a big downgrade on Brett Long. I suppose it’s not easy to come into a squad halfway through a season when they are going through a bit of a sticky patch, maybe with him joining up with you nice and early he’ll hit the ground running.

Decent enough shot stopper for L2 level but extremely poor kicking and always felt he was not cut out for SPFL football when it comes to dealing with crosses/taking control of the penalty area.

Thought he would be in L2 or maybe even lower for the upcoming season to be honest, very surprised to see him joining a league 1 team.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Like changing a bulb when someone has the step ladders? 

Naughty! I'm not overly invested in sticking up for him but I would say that he can bustle around annoying the f**k out of defenders like a Savers' Dykesy; and there is the possibility that McInnes thinks he may perhaps be a late developer.

19 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Surprised there'd be that much interest from Aberdeen fans. Still, as has been said, sounds like a bit of money coming in.

First competitive game for their new manager, Jimmy Thelin so the Dandies will want to give him a big welcome. Plus they always travel in decent numbers.

4 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Couldn’t tell you anything about Walker, does anyone know if he’s rated by Annan/Stranraer fans?

Josh always looked like a player who could step up, but think we were all just waiting for him to kick on and find consistency. He was unplayable at times, including running Killie riot in the League Cup back in 2021. Sounds like he's done well at Annan so fingers crossed.

3 minutes ago, Moonball said:

Josh always looked like a player who could step up, but think we were all just waiting for him to kick on and find consistency. He was unplayable at times, including running Killie riot in the League Cup back in 2021. Sounds like he's done well at Annan so fingers crossed.

Like the sound of that, cheers. 👍

6 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

House across the road for sale has a good view of the wildlife. Probably taken mid June, going by the listing. 

Screenshot_20240704_133536_Chrome.thumb.jpg.86d90f6f3080c77ab72b9036ffa11f8d.jpg

Buy it, then complain to the Council so the Club have to remove that scaffolding. Then you get a perfect uninterrupted view.