The Queen of the South thread

19 hours ago, Another Edin Doonhamer said:

Any comments on the official attendance figure of 2274?

Surely they are having a laugh and going back to the bad old days of understating the attendance when it's a 'big' cup tie. 

If Aberdeen sold 1200, the main stand, no idea what the capacity is now but did it not used to be around 1300. Looked pretty full, 1100 maybe. And a good few hundred on the terracing.

Thoughts?

When the crowd was announced I thought it was a bit low, but on reflection perhaps not. I was in the main stand, at a rough guesstimate 2/3 of it were 2/3 full, but it was almost empty in the section towards the away end. The terrace was maybe 1/3 full, while Aberdeen had 5 sections of the BDS stand, which seemed around 3/4 full. So add all that together and it probably is closer to 2000 than 3.

Anyway, in between all the counting, seagull watching, and Aberdonian superiority, I choose to be mildly encouraged for this season. If Queens can find a goalscorer, which is quite a big if.

Edited by Bad Wolf

1 hour ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

And height up front. Don't forget height.

I don’t care about size, shape or pace just someone to get us goals as 1 goal in the last 4 games makes me edgy ( albeit 3 friendles and 1 Premiership side). Let’s see what tomorrow brings and as I said I will reserve judgment on what our prospects are until end of August. 

Paton away to Port Vale Good Luck to him but Queens Park a year  later get  a six figure fee yet we got a small  development fee It does not seem right to me but I suppose that is the way football works.

Port Vale have made their latest signing of the summer after bringing in highly rated striker Ruari Paton from Scottish Championship side Queens Park. The forward will join Jayden Stockley, Lorent Tolaj and Baylee Dipepa in a reshaped Vale forward line-up. The fee for Paton is undisclosed but believed to be around £150,000. The Irish […] 
The post Ruari Paton – Port Vale sign young striker from Queens Park appeared first on onevalefan.co.uk. 
View the full article 

4 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Anyone know what Ruari Paton is up to these days? 

Having a glass of port or something mate I dunno. 

43 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Anyone know what Ruari Paton is up to these days? 

He's been driving around the Potteries all day wondering why his satnav can't direct him to Port Vale (has dancing in the streets of Raith vibes).

17 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Will you boys be offering a live stream of tonight’s game? 

QoS haven't streamed matches for a couple of seasons now. 

16 hours ago, Artemis said:

He’s loving angels instead.

I've just realised what you did there ... christ I'm slow! 🤣 👏

On 14/07/2024 at 19:21, Homer Thompson said:

I look forward to an entire season of you telling us we need pace and goals up front. 

Well you asked for it We are desperate for pace up front and  out wide plus we need another centre back .

Against Dumbarton we showed up in flashes when we moved the ball quickly but we have to do that a lot more .

We looked better when McKechnie went up front with his pace but that is what we need from another  forward .

We were lucky at 1 nil it looked a certain pen to Dumbarton only person who thought not was the ref .

We are still a work in progess it is a new team but all about these last few signing .