The Queen of the South thread

I'll be the one to halt the positivity then!:-

I was in the East Stand today and went to sit in my usual area (if available the seats right up the back, just below the camera stand). When I went up it was cordoned off; as well as a section next to the camera stand. The steward came up and told us my mate and I that we would have to move. I had no issues and just imagined a seat or two was broken. I asked the steward why it was cordoned to which he responded that it was because of the young boys the other night! I asked what they had done and he said they were just being f£nnies on Tuesday.

Having been sitting close to the group of lads on Tuesday I think it's pretty shocking that they have been punished for their behaviour. They were singing for the majority of the night, they were seated for the most part and I never heard any inappropriate language. For the first time in years there was actually a bit of atmosphere in the East Stand. So rather than encourage this kind of behaviour/these young lads to come back, why in gods name are they being discouraged?! Nothing short of f&ck&ng pathetic. Community club?!

I don't want to criticise the club too much as there is a good chance it was done as complaints were perhaps made? If that is the case then the people making the complaints really need to get a grip. If you go to a football match then by Christ you should expect a bit of noise!

The thing that really gets on my nerves is that fornthe majority of the night, the N.P.B. (No Personality Brigade A.K.A. Stewards) were on the case of these lads, yet they had no issue with the Dee fans standing down by the barriers; which as we all know lead to an incident.

Can anyone clear up why this was done in the stand today? I really hope it was my latter presumption than the former. Although if I'm going to be slated for complaining about the club I may as well go 2 for 2 and state that I thought it was pretty poor on Queens' part to have Rangers printed into our fixtures section of the programme on Tuesday before they had even played!

I'll be the one to halt the positivity then!:-

I was in the East Stand today and went to sit in my usual area (if available the seats right up the back, just below the camera stand). When I went up it was cordoned off; as well as a section next to the camera stand. The steward came up and told us my mate and I that we would have to move. I had no issues and just imagined a seat or two was broken. I asked the steward why it was cordoned to which he responded that it was because of the young boys the other night! I asked what they had done and he said they were just being f£nnies on Tuesday.

Having been sitting close to the group of lads on Tuesday I think it's pretty shocking that they have been punished for their behaviour. They were singing for the majority of the night, they were seated for the most part and I never heard any inappropriate language. For the first time in years there was actually a bit of atmosphere in the East Stand. So rather than encourage this kind of behaviour/these young lads to come back, why in gods name are they being discouraged?! Nothing short of f&ck&ng pathetic. Community club?!

I don't want to criticise the club too much as there is a good chance it was done as complaints were perhaps made? If that is the case then the people making the complaints really need to get a grip. If you go to a football match then by Christ you should expect a bit of noise!

The thing that really gets on my nerves is that fornthe majority of the night, the N.P.B. (No Personality Brigade A.K.A. Stewards) were on the case of these lads, yet they had no issue with the Dee fans standing down by the barriers; which as we all know lead to an incident.

Can anyone clear up why this was done in the stand today? I really hope it was my latter presumption than the former. Although if I'm going to be slated for complaining about the club I may as well go 2 for 2 and state that I thought it was pretty poor on Queens' part to have Rangers printed into our fixtures section of the programme on Tuesday before they had even played!

I agree the atmosphere was great on Tuesday. However I witnessed one of them being abusive to a female steward at the end of the game. Some of them were also goading St.Miren fans as they left not smart.

I agree the atmosphere was great on Tuesday. However I witnessed one of them being abusive to a female steward at the end of the game. Some of them were also goading St.Miren fans as they left not smart.

Yes fair is fair. At the end 2 of them were a bit OTT with the stewards, but as I say, if I had someone being picky with me for 120 minutes I would probably have said something to her at the end as well. I noticed that she was rather heavy handed with the guy right enough.

When the winner came, a few of the boys were heading out, so it was just rather unfortunate that they were so close the St Mirren fans when we scored. Again, on the other hand, when St Mirren scored a few of them were giving it big licks. One zoomer in particular was going OTT, he looked more like a casual tbh. He was that much of a tit that I even gave him the usual patter when we scored the winner. At the end when he was walking out he was threatening folk for a fight! XD If you can't take the banter you shouldn't dish it out IMO.

I just think cordoning a section off like that is way OTT.

Edited by 19QOS19

More Competition for Callum!

Will this push young Atkinson further down the order.

Might just be my impression but I thought young Jim Atkinson looked a bit p***ed off at the warm-up before yesterday's game. Maybe he knew something was happening on the goalkeeper situation. If he is punted out it would be a shame for the lad as he has sat patiently on the sidelines waiting for his chance, apart from a 15 minute spell against Albion Rovers last season when he got a run out. With some of the criticism levelled at Antell he probably thought he would be in with a chance of a run in the team through time. He has always appeared to me to give the team his full backing and it was great to see him run out to congratulate Antell at the end of the St.Mirren game. I suppose there is no sentiment in football and the manager must try to get in players he believes will help the team. If he goes out on loan hopefully he will get games there and come back with more experience, and does not go somewhere else just to sit on the bench

Might just be my impression but I thought young Jim Atkinson looked a bit p***ed off at the warm-up before yesterday's game. Maybe he knew something was happening on the goalkeeper situation. If he is punted out it would be a shame for the lad as he has sat patiently on the sidelines waiting for his chance, apart from a 15 minute spell against Albion Rovers last season when he got a run out. With some of the criticism levelled at Antell he probably thought he would be in with a chance of a run in the team through time. He has always appeared to me to give the team his full backing and it was great to see him run out to congratulate Antell at the end of the St.Mirren game. I suppose there is no sentiment in football and the manager must try to get in players he believes will help the team. If he goes out on loan hopefully he will get games there and come back with more experience, and does not go somewhere else just to sit on the bench

Jim's dad IMO.

Look! He is 18. He 5 foot something and he has not bulked up. There is no chance that Atkinson would get in to the first team.

Yes fair is fair. At the end 2 of them were a bit OTT with the stewards, but as I say, if I had someone being picky with me for 120 minutes I would probably have said something to her at the end as well. I noticed that she was rather heavy handed with the guy right enough.

When the winner came, a few of the boys were heading out, so it was just rather unfortunate that they were so close the St Mirren fans when we scored. Again, on the other hand, when St Mirren scored a few of them were giving it big licks. One zoomer in particular was going OTT, he looked more like a casual tbh. He was that much of a tit that I even gave him the usual patter when we scored the winner. At the end when he was walking out he was threatening folk for a fight! XD If you can't take the banter you shouldn't dish it out IMO.

I just think cordoning a section off like that is way OTT.

They got shunted away from there last year IIRC. I'd rather hear some singing than the usual moaning old farts spouting utter drivel.

Jim's dad IMO.

Look! He is 18. He 5 foot something and he has not bulked up. There is no chance that Atkinson would get in to the first team.

Well I did have a drunken night in Carlisle 17 years ago so it is possible but with me being part Chinese, part African, I can't see any likeness.

If he has no chance of getting into the team why did the previous manager and the present manager not bring in another back-up keeper. Regarding his height, not his ability, Lee Robinson, Scott Fox, Calum Antell, even tubby Goram are hardly giants. To be fair, I would be a bit nervous if he did get the nod to start a game, but only because of his lack of game time and relatively unknown ability. All I'm saying is that he has been a good squad member, apparently with plenty of enthusiasm, who has sat patiently on the bench waiting his chance and maybe now feels he has wasted his time. As you say he is 18, plenty of time to bulk up, although why you would want a bulky keeper I do not know, so maybe he can go out on loan and get some valuable experience. Assuming that is that another keeper is definitely coming in.

What has replaced it?

A slightly different loan system. Loans have to be until, at least, the next transfer window (although its not clear if these can be started outwith the transfer window) except for keepers, which can be "at any time and for such period as the Board may determine." For, what you might call, an emergency

Is Atkinson going to get a fair crack of the whip or is he just considered a last resort ? A number 2 should not be there if there are doubts about his ability. Maybe he is just deemed as too young , I don't know.

Seems to be acceptable for a number 1 :whistle

Edited by Mr X

I have always thought if the number 1 got injured, we would just get an emergency loan in rather than playing Atkinson.

That's ok if you have time to arrange for a new keeper to come in but not very good if your number 1 keeper gets injured early in a game. If the back-up keeper is not considered good enough to take over its a waste of time, not to mention bad management, him being there. The previous manager and Jim McIntyre must think Atkinson is capable of filling in or I'm sure he would have been replaced before now.

Has anyone got any team news or details on tonight's reserve game at palmy?

Heard could be a couple of trialists on show.

We're currently winning 6-1. Airdrie had their keeper sent off on the stroke of half time.

Queens starting XI: Atkinson, Halliday, P Slattery, D Slattery, McLean, Hooper, Orsi, McShane, Reilly, Russell, Smith.

Subs: Leighfield, Park, Burgess, Smith, Ferguson.