The Queen of the South thread

I go to a hell of a lot more games than you do. Most seasons I get into double figures or at least close to it.

So there. :ass

Wouldn't be hard to get to more games than me :rolleyes:

Just assumed by your posts that you don't attend games anymore.

I go to a hell of a lot more games than you do. Most seasons I get into double figures or at least close to it.

So there. :ass

Double figures? Come on Truthy. I honestly can't remember you commenting on a single game you were actually present at last season.

That's not to slag you off. If I lived in Milton Keynes, I don't suppose I'd have got to any at all. I wouldn't imagine I'd go out of my way for the football and would just hope to catch the odd game when up visiting family. Indeed, that would be even less likely over the last couple of seasons when the card over the festive period has been wiped out.

Come on, list all the matches you've watched recently. We won't think any less of you - honest.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

We will never know.

I think we should just leave it at that. There has been a lot of water under the bridge over the past year or so, and who knows what to believe?

Seemingly signed Grant Adams brother on loan.

You mean Charlie Adam's younger brother, Grant, who is a goalkeeper for Rangers U19s. :P

Ryan McGuffie has been to university as well, he started every game just about. So I think we can just rule this out.

We could indeed rule it out by attributing sense and consistency to KB.

That of course would be a ridiculous thing to do.

Home top now available on pre order, it really is a terrible design.

queen-of-the-south-home-top.jpg

The Home Replica Kit for season 11/12 is now available to pre-order online

Remember, this top was voted for by you, the fans, and features this seasons shirt sponsor Border Utilities Ltd on the front. Prices are £33.99 for youth sizes and £39.99 for adults.

This season, all online orders for Joma products will be handled directly by their official suppliers Total Teamwear, which will help provide a better overall service to the fans.

When the replica kit is available for general sale, it will also be available to purchase from the Club Shop and from Knox Sports, in Dumfries.

Look out for further announcements about the away kit soon.

Well yes, but the wee boy who played for Gretna didn't look up to much.

I don't really have a problem with McKenzie.

A backup keeper doesnt really need to though. If McKenzie was to get injured we could always bring someone in on loan.

If McKenzie is our new number one, he will also be the new Holmes <_<

Well yes, but the wee boy who played for Gretna didn't look up to much.

Does he have to be?

I suspect you are correct that a keeper will be one but personally, as I've always said, in a budget situation money spent on sitting a keeper on the bench every week is as good as wasted. I would rather spend it on someone who might contribute regularly.

I'd sit a 19's boy on the bench. You can always go get a loan keeper if your main one suffers a medium to long term injury. Otherwise you are chucking away several hundred quid a week for someone to play a game and a half if the first one gets a red card. Not a wise use of resources for me.

Don't think the sponsor name helps it at all. The shirt design itself seems alright to me. I prefer the away one though.

Kids at soccer camps this week already have them.

Just going through the Joma templates, there are a couple i would have preferred before this one. At least the sponsor is in white writing, not some horrid red or something.

As long as the team wins, who cares really :)

I am pretty sure we will sign a keeper, Grant Adam or otherwise. I just wouldn't be happy if I was the manager bringing on a young keeper I wasn't 100% sure about.

But that's pretty much the point, when did you last see a manager "bring on" a keeper through choice? It doesn't happen. A keeper is on the bench for emergencies. He might go the whole season unused. Or he might occasionally have to come on if an injury or a sending off happens. In such cases of course the manager would prefer an experienced reliable substitute but paying several hundred quid a week for a year in order to have someone to play half a game occasionally is a trade off I wouldn't make.

If your first keeper gets a serious injury then go get another keeper at that point. Of course that's only valid if the manager is happy enough with the first keeper he has.

As I said previously, I expect you are right. I fully expect Gus to sign a keeper before we start. I'm just saying I wouldn't.

I'd imagine we will indeed go out and sign another 'keeper, not because it makes sense - it doesn't - but because it's what teams do.

The new strip does not look up to much. It almost seems to be a pre-requisite for entry to the shirt sponsorship draw that companies must not, under any circumstances, have decent logos.

I'll wait and see how the away one looks - and whether the shorts are red or black - before considering a purchase for my son.