The Queen of the South thread

McShane is probably worth 100k but because we have no history like Falkirk, Hamilton and Livingston for selling academy players we will probably struggle to get what he is truly worth. There are some players I would consider inferior who have moved for alot more money than 100k and with him not being out of contract till next summer we should do all we can to keep him.

Of all the players mooted to be leaving, McShane would be the I'd be least concerned about losing.

I don't want to see us losing any more players this window though.

McShane is good when everything is going well but like Casper the ghost when things get tough. I would rather have a young Burns or McKenna any day but that's the problem. They ain't that young anymore and are both probably on the slide . Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

McShane is good when everything is going well but like Casper the ghost when things get tough. I would rather have a young Burns or McKenna any day but that's the problem. They ain't that young anymore and are both probably on the slide .

Yes agree about Mcshane but think Burns in particular is good enough to see the rest of the season out and get us to the play offs.

In terms of natural ability and future potential - no disrespect to Burns and Mckenna but McShane is in a different league. He has held our midfield together this season. If Hamilton can get over 1 million for thir left back there is no way that we should be even entertaining a non descript offer from Ross county and potentially let them cash in ony future upside.

I will be astounded if he goes to Ross County and if we let one of our bright stars go a to a club with less potential than us we might as well close down the Development Squad and shut up shop!!!!

In terms of natural ability and future potential - no disrespect to Burns and Mckenna but McShane is in a different league. He has held our midfield together this season. If Hamilton can get over 1 million for thir left back there is no way that we should be even entertaining a non descript offer from Ross county and potentially let them cash in ony future upside.

I will be astounded if he goes to Ross County and if we let one of our bright stars go a to a club with less potential than us we might as well close down the Development Squad and shut up shop!!!!

Another area of consideration if a sale took place would be the add ons. Extra money for a set amount of games played and a percentage of any future sale. Livi, Falkirk and Hamilton in particular have had success with these.

Very much doubt the directors are wet behind the ears when it comes to add ons etc. Not with promising young players and a long career ahead of them.

McShane is probably worth 100k but because we have no history like Falkirk, Hamilton and Livingston for selling academy players we will probably struggle to get what he is truly worth. There are some players I would consider inferior who have moved for alot more money than 100k and with him not being out of contract till next summer we should do all we can to keep him.

History does have a bit of a factor, the main factor though is it's a Scottish club showing interest, for the life of me I can't remember a cash transaction between two Scottish clubs for cash.

Dundee utd I suppose have had small fees going to Queens Park and wanted to do similar for Telfer at Rangers but were forced to think again due to Tribunal.

We have had enquiries for our players from Celtic and the old Rangers but as soon as it's six figures it's too much. We had a 100k bid tho from old Rangers for Duffie and Wallace....the latter went for around 300k with serious add ons that could double the 300k.

I'd be surprised if Ross County were looking to pay more than 30k, perhaps a player add on with that

The last time Ross County paid a transfer fee was for Derek Holmes from Hearts for 50k, which was 15 seasons ago.

They also paid a "donation" to St Johnstone's youth system two summers ago, allegedly at 40k, to make sure St Johnstone wouldn't stand in the way of Richard Brittain cancelling the PCA when he decided he wanted to stay.

In any case, Queen of the South have rejected whatever bid it was and County are looking at other options.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/474554/undefined-headline-890/

Edited by bunglebonce

There's not much between Ross County and Queen of the South when it comes to "potential". Both are pretty similar in my view so it's not as if he would be taking a backwards step (more of a sideways one).

Of all the players mooted to be leaving, McShane would be the I'd be least concerned about losing.

I don't want to see us losing any more players this window though.

think mcshane is a cracking player just needs to practice his corners more. hes got the potential to go far

Just heard fowler on west sound saying his job is to save us from relegation? First time out play offs all season and aim changes. Getting a bit sick of him covering his back and talking us down all the time. Was totally behind him till last few weeks, now minds changing

Just heard fowler on west sound saying his job is to save us from relegation? First time out play offs all season and aim changes. Getting a bit sick of him covering his back and talking us down all the time. Was totally behind him till last few weeks, now minds changing

If this is how he views the club think it's about time he walks away. He hasn't done a bad job on the pitch but off it he has been a complete and utter disaster and turning us into a laughing stock. Two players couldn't wait to jump ship and a few of our youngsters will be off in May on PCA's for sure. A massive squad overhaul will need to take place and I just don't trust him to get it right, if he is viewing us as relegation candidates god knows how many games we will now be looking to avoid defeat in. Starting with our relegation 6 pointer tomorrow.