The General Ross County Chat Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Tired of watching the team now, how many home wins is that this season? The squad on paper looks more than capable of doing well but a poor performance on saturday means we have just 1 point from 12.

I cannot see where the next win is going to come from. On our form relagation/11th spot is a real possibility.

Edited by silver

Constant talk of top six from the team and management is not only embarrassing now, but it's genuinely concerning. Are they that delusional that they're oblivious to the fact we're still very much in the relegation battle?

I stated pretty firmly back in October that Jim needed to go and nothing since has changed my mind. If anything, that view has only been reinforced. He's spent money on another 4 players since then and we still seem no better off. We can't stick with the theory that we're punching above our weight because with the budget he's squandering, we should be comfortably in the top six. While yes, we're playing at a higher level than the majority of our history, his loss percentage (41.07%) still puts him second only to Scott Leitch (43.50%) as one of our worst ever managers. To put that in perspective, Willie McStay, who failed to win a single game still had a loss percentage of 33.33%. We're horrible to watch these days and the attendances are showing it. Going to the games feels like a chore right now.

A cup win, as great as it was, should not give him a free pass for this utter tripe we're having to put up with.

1 hour ago, Spain said:

Constant talk of top six from the team and management is not only embarrassing now, but it's genuinely concerning. Are they that delusional that they're oblivious to the fact we're still very much in the relegation battle?

I don't disagree with the rest of your comments about McIntyre, who I'd definitely agree is underachieving given the millions he has to spend (;)), but in fairness, the battles for the top 6 and relegation places are essentially the same thing right now. One win in your battle to avoid the playoff places and you guys could be sitting in 6th again. Such is the nature of this season.

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I don't disagree with the rest of your comments about McIntyre, who I'd definitely agree is underachieving given the millions he has to spend (;)), but in fairness, the battles for the top 6 and relegation places are essentially the same thing right now. One win in your battle to avoid the playoff places and you guys could be sitting in 6th again. Such is the nature of this season.

And I'd be fine with that if that was the way they acknowledged it. But they talk constantly about our battle for 6th without even mentioning what's below. It may well be deliberate, but to me it just stinks of delusion.

If we could get rid of him, it would be great. Not only because he's horrendous, but also because it seems absolutely no-one can spell McEveley right. Why does everyone try and put an "r" into it?

Edit: Not having a dig, it's just a pet hate of mine. On OTB I've actually got the swear filter set-up to auto-correct some of the wrong spellings. :ph34r:

Edited by Spain

6 minutes ago, Spain said:

If we could get rid of him, it would be great. Not only because he's horrendous, but also because it seems absolutely no-one can spell McEveley right. Why does everyone try and put an "r" into it?

Edit: Not having a dig, it's just a pet hate of mine. On OTB I've actually got the swear filter set-up to auto-correct some of the wrong spellings. :ph34r:

Not to mention the fact Barry Wilson can never get it right on Sportsound, despite the fact he consistently hears Richard Gordon pronouncing it correctly.

4 hours ago, Spain said:

He's spent money on another 4 players since then and we still seem no better off.

And I see we still have Franks, played for dev team today, scoring twice.

I am beginning to wonder if we will see Chris Burke in a County shirt again, that's another wage which wont be a low one - although maybe he was on some kind of pay per game deal?