The General Ross County Chat Thread

Hi guys, Chris McLaughlin any good? It would appear he was our secret trialist left-back today, known only as 'Boomer'.

Great crosser. Solid enough defensively. Questionable application. I would have thought he would be a great signing for you guys, but by all accounts he stunk up the joint for Forfar and generally appeared disinterested. For a while it looked like he might make it at County, but he really didn't challenge in the end.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Great crosser. Solid enough defensively. Questionable application. I would have thought he would be a great signing for you guys, but by all accounts he stunk up the joint for Forfar and generally appeared disinterested. For a while it looked like he might make it at County, but he really didn't challenge in the end.

His crossing was certainly pretty decent today, albeit he was never really threatened defensively. If it's an attitude problem then Aitken and Durrant will probably be ideal, we seem to love taking players with ability but other flaws, and turning them around.

10 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

His crossing was certainly pretty decent today, albeit he was never really threatened defensively. If it's an attitude problem then Aitken and Durrant will probably be ideal, we seem to love taking players with ability but other flaws, and turning them around.

The lad's only flaw is that his confidence was shot to hell when he was in effect bumped by County. Given his youth it must have been hard to take. With the right direction you have a fine talent.

1 minute ago, Jayhawks said:

The lad's only flaw is that his confidence was shot to hell when he was in effect bumped by County. Given his youth it must have been hard to take. With the right direction you have a fine talent.

That's understandable I suppose. We're in desperate need of a left-back at the moment (ie we have nobody in the entire squad who can play there at the moment!) so he'd be pretty much guaranteed regular football at a good level if he signed. We're rumoured to be very close to signing James Penrice from Partick Thistle on loan too though, with that deal presumably on hold until after we play them on Tuesday, so I'd be surprised if we signed both.

He looked good when I saw him and seriously hoped he'd make it into our first team. Shame either it didn't work out or his attitude hampered him, he was a pretty popular player, or so I thought.

On 7/1/2017 at 15:58, Ieuan16 said:

Having seen John Herron play every other week for Dunfermline last season, I seriously hope JM avoids offering him a deal.

Susceptible to injury and too lightweight for this level.

You'll be pleased at today's news then (P&J), no more interest.

1 hour ago, StuartTaylor said:

You'll be pleased at today's news then (P&J), no more interest.

Herron was decent without being outstanding in the friendly against Elgin. Hopefully we've got better targets lined up. 

We've a match against St. Mirren tonight, is it a closed doors game?

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

£100k says it's big Drapes.

Caley's starting point was £200k, which was absurd. I think you are right, £100k is an amount they could not possibly turn down in their circumstances and certainly more than enough for a player of his age/ability.

Where has this rumour that we are after Schalk came from? Likely nonsense, as we don't tend to make our transfer business even develop into rumours these days but TheScarf posted that it's the 'talk' up that end? Has he fell out of favour? Or a Caley fan talking rubbish?

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Where has this rumour that we are after Schalk came from? Likely nonsense, as we don't tend to make our transfer business even develop into rumours these days but TheScarf posted that it's the 'talk' up that end? Has he fell out of favour? Or a Caley fan talking rubbish?

Can't see Schalk moving on. He signed a new one year deal at the end of last season I think it was, and with Boyce moving on, he's going to be given the opportunity to be the main man up front for us.

23 hours ago, Jayhawks said:

Caley's starting point was £200k, which was absurd. I think you are right, £100k is an amount they could not possibly turn down in their circumstances and certainly more than enough for a player of his age/ability.

Why is £100k an amount we couldn't possibly turn down?

He's worth far more than that. Would be a great signing for you if you do mange to bring him in.