The General Ross County Chat Thread

Presumably calling him Dresden was intentional, because he really bombed?

He also used to name his pets after racial epithets, so it's highly apt.

That Draper interview really does read like a "come-and-get-me-plea" (to steal a Daily Record cliche).

3 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Just me that thinks Fraser shinned it a little?  Good goal nonetheless!

It seems to me that big Drapes is already contemplating the move. http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Ross-Draper-brushes-off-talk-of-Ross-County-move-amid-jibes-from-Caley-Thistle-team-mates-17072017.htm

Happy three-year anniversary of Balk, Dreesen and Frempah signing, guys.

You made me wiki those three to see what dump they've ended up at. 

Balk is at St. Pat's.

Dreesen is at Koninklijke Football Club Dessel Sport

Frempah (easily the best of these three) was last at Hendon Town.

3 hours ago, humbleheart said:

Killie have just announced signing Chrissy Burke which is a little perturbing to say the least

Pretty sure County can't afford him for a whole season.  Won't play enough games, for one thing.

Glad Mikkelsen's opened his account, takes some pressure off already.

Heard Davies went off early-ish and was replaced by Fraser- not an injury, I hope?

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Glad Mikkelsen's opened his account, takes some pressure off already.

Heard Davies went off early-ish and was replaced by Fraser- not an injury, I hope?

I'm hoping it was a case of being 4-0(?) up and not wanting/needing to risk him, and wanting to give Fraser a decent run-out.
None of the boys there thought he was injured, but obviously none of them performed a medical inspection.
Fingers crossed the above assumption is correct.

14 minutes ago, Staggieman21 said:

Davies showed no signs of being injured. Was really impressed with Lindsay and Kelly again last night, team doesn't look too bad overall but I still think another winger is needed as Dow isn't quite good enough for me.

Dow was good last night, looked more 'up for it' than last season. Wonder if a run in the team and a bit more fitness than when he arrived means he can kick on a bit. 

Hey Guys, I know Chris Burke only played 6 games or so when with County....

We had him in the centre of midfield last night as an advanced playmaker, looked like he can do a job in there.

Was he played as an out n out winger with you guys ?

Wide right every time I saw him, that was probably three or four times.

He looked good, tracked back, tackling opposition wingers then breaking again. 

It all comes down to fitness and how many games you will get out of him. Potentially a game turning player though, I think most of us County fans hoped we could get some matches out of him this season. 

11 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Hey Guys, I know Chris Burke only played 6 games or so when with County....

We had him in the centre of midfield last night as an advanced playmaker, looked like he can do a job in there.

Was he played as an out n out winger with you guys ?

The few times I saw him (albeit he only played a few times in total for us...) he played right wing.
He made a real difference to us with his ability to beat a man, and particularly with his crossing, including on set pieces.

I cant remember the stats, but we were really struggling to score for a while (something to do with Boyce in midfield maybe), but when he played he was setting up a goal a game near enough.
Just wasn't fit enough to sustain it, which I think is why he is no longer with us.

He's such a good player that part of me hopes he can shake his illness and stay fit and do well for you guys, but a bitter competitive part of me hopes he has the same problems and prove us right to let him go... (deep down I'm a bad person).

Those highlight are spot on.

That’s quite a soft penalty...

Didn’t realise Montrose had created so many good opportunities, gaps around our defence looking a bit big at times, but hard to complain given the clean sheet.

Great to see all three of our strikers score.

Great work from Dow for Mikkelsen’s second, which was a good finish.

Some good saves from the Montrose keeper near the end too.

Delighted to see Chris Templeman still playing too, one of the very few players around who are older than me.

The slow motion on the foul for the penalty is fucking brilliant. It is pitiful the club can't manage that. No excuse. Doesn't need to be fancy.

On the game itself. Some real dodgy defensive moments, a better team would have capitalised. Still, it's preseason, you expect that this time of year.

Edited by forkboy

It's pretty embarrassing that just about every other team in the SPFL are able to produce match highlights of some sort, but County can't even arrange for someone to sit in the stand with a Go Pro for 90 minutes.

Our media relations is notoriously poor. It's utterly inexcusable. Ross County TV was an excellent idea, but then they scrapped it for a YouTube channel, and now they don't even bother with that. They made such a song and dance about improving it, as well.