The General Ross County Chat Thread

The slow motion on the foul for the penalty is fucking brilliant. It is pitiful the club can't manage that. No excuse. Doesn't need to be fancy.
On the game itself. Some real dodgy defensive moments, a better team would have capitalised. Still, it's preseason, you expect that this time of year.

It's like a scene from Twin Peaks. It's a penalty though. Fair to say that game was a pre-season affair for County. Or at least, I hope it was. Also fair to say Sean Kelly's going to be fairly polarising and can't head the ball.

Well the club still film the matches as I was down at Burton Albion yesterday and managed to chat to Jackson Irvine for 20 minutes or so and he said that Marcus Fraser had sent him a video of his volley from the weekend. 

2 hours ago, staggy4life said:

Well the club still film the matches as I was down at Burton Albion yesterday and managed to chat to Jackson Irvine for 20 minutes or so and he said that Marcus Fraser had sent him a video of his volley from the weekend. 

Get him to Whatsapp it to you.
Then send it to me xxo

(lazy rip from OTB)

Been hearing this for the last few days, delighted to see it confirmed.
Thought he was a huge part of our good form that finished the season, great signing if he can continue where he left off.

Also worth mentioning he seems to be 'one of the good guys', which if correct can only be a good thing to have around the club.

Jimbo was after a midfielder and a winger, which one does O'Brien fall under?

In a 4-4-2 I thought he played really well in that win vs Dundee late in the season tucking in from the right flank, with Naismith bombing on, like Brittain and Miller used to do.  He was sent off late in that Dundee game, then McIntyre went 3-5-2 for the rest of the season.  Having O'Brien there is a good alternative to Dow on the wing, assuming Gardyne always plays on the opposite flank.

In a 3-5-2 he did really well as one of the more attack-minded central midfielders.  His reverse passes and wee nudges around the corner are tools that aren't in the lockers of Chow and Lindsay.

Or what yoda said in two sentences.

Edited by bunglebonce

21 hours ago, yoda said:

I'm hoping he's been brought in primarily as a wide player.

Leaving a Ross Draper sized door open for another signing in the middle of the park.

P&J saying Draper interest is now over, Jim saying midfield complete. 

Maybe we're just toying with Robbo though, who on the same page is saying he needs to move players out before he can sign more.

I was told at the weekend our offer was 30k and the figures in the press were nonsense.

12 minutes ago, StuartTaylor said:

Maybe we're just toying with Robbo though, who on the same page is saying he needs to move players out before he can sign more.

I was told at the weekend our offer was 30k and the figures in the press were nonsense.

That'd make sense.  

I still think that squad is a central midfielder or a winger short.  

37 minutes ago, StuartTaylor said:

By all accounts we've already told certain players that they are going to be moved on to free up funds. OFW is one such player and one other. Draper is not although had County come in with a good offer there's no way we would have turned it down but we certainly weren't looking to offload him in the same manner as OFW.

Come to think of it, do you need a keeper?

If nothing else tonight's performance has shown that we are nowhere near finished in the transfer market. We still need an out and out winger, a CM and another striker IMO.