The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Ditto County.  

Are we? If Davies gets injured (which is pretty likely going by previous seasons), we're straight away having to play Naismith or Kelly out of position. I'd be delighted to sign him.

12 minutes ago, Spain said:

Are we? If Davies gets injured (which is pretty likely going by previous seasons), we're straight away having to play Naismith or Kelly out of position. I'd be delighted to sign him.

There's VDW as well.

18 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

... Also is the josh Meekings signing for county just to wind up caley or is it a genuine rumour?

I never realised that rumours were graded, with a "genuine rumour" presumably more exciting than, say, a "fake rumour" or a "created-for-the-sole-purpose-of-wind-uppery rumour". 

I'd take Meekings if he can prove his fitness. Naismith, Kelly, Kenny and even Fraser are still full backs who can be converted to centre halves, even if Fraser looks impressive there and Van der Weg is the size of a tank. 

We NEED to get Fraser singed up to a longer contract, he's currently free to leave for nothing next summer and to sign a pre-contract agreement with another club from 01/01/18.

If he or his agent start playing hard ball by either refusing to sign or by demanding too much we should really think about how we handle him.   I think the club has been tremendous in Marcus's development.  Quinn helped and brought him on so much when he was playing at right back and it's clear to see the development he's had whilst playing along side Andrew Davies.

We've given him a fantastic platform to learn his trade and improve. I'd say that with an extended contract he'd be a stick on future captain.

We NEED to get Fraser singed up to a longer contract, he's currently free to leave for nothing next summer and to sign a pre-contract agreement with another club from 01/01/18.
If he or his agent start playing hard ball by either refusing to sign or by demanding too much we should really think about how we handle him.   I think the club has been tremendous in Marcus's development.  Quinn helped and brought him on so much when he was playing at right back and it's clear to see the development he's had whilst playing along side Andrew Davies.
We've given him a fantastic platform to learn his trade and improve. I'd say that with an extended contract he'd be a stick on future captain.

I'm not sure of the veracity of the rumour but he has apparently already been on talks with Utd about signing a pre-contract in January.

46 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I'm not sure of the veracity of the rumour but he has apparently already been on talks with Utd about signing a pre-contract in January.

So he's being tapped up?  The whole point of pre-contract negotiations is that they begin in January.

I have no doubts he'll leave at the end of this season, but with respect I can't see a single reason why he'd join Dundee United.

So he's being tapped up?  The whole point of pre-contract negotiations is that they begin in January.
I have no doubts he'll leave at the end of this season, but with respect I can't see a single reason why he'd join Dundee United.

[emoji38] been a long time since someone bit at the Mongoose

On 17/08/2017 at 17:09, Savage Henry said:

Derek Riordan did attend a County game at Dundee with his agent and a bouncer, so it goes down as FACT.

That was no bouncer:

garry-468533.jpg

Greg Morrison set for a loan to ICT.  Based on what I've seen of Mikkelsen so far Morrison is just as capable of being the fourth choice striker, but hopefully he will get plenty time on the pitch over the bridge. If nothing else it fits well with the feeder club narrative.

3 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Greg Morrison set for a loan to ICT.  Based on what I've seen of Mikkelsen so far Morrison is just as capable of being the fourth choice striker, but hopefully he will get plenty time on the pitch over the bridge. If nothing else it fits well with the feeder club narrative.

A certain OTB poster is going to be incandescent with rage, I suspect.