The General Ross County Chat Thread

According to reports he handed a transfer request in.
A few of my Caley supporting mates have absolutely lost it.

Probably the first time since Naismith we've signed a player their former fans were genuinely gutted to lose.

52 minutes ago, grantmacp said:

Fingers crossed he's as good as we think he is

He's certainly as good as I think he is.

Last season saw him turn in some insipid displays and conversely when it was too late on the last day, his on the edge, flying into tackles ("attempted halvings") were almost enough to see him walk. The former may be down to the Foran formula but the latter seemed to me to be the actions of a footballer out of time.

He's a shire horse of a player and that physicality is his thing. I'm sure that there will be games in which that feature will prevail.

Actually, he's got another feature that is wholly modern and he is certainly of the Andy Walker school of collapse if he feels a touch when he's in the box.

I hope he does it against Aberdeen so I can enjoy apoplexy from Richard Gordon on open all mics.

I'm trying to summon some seethe, but I rather suspect that this is a good piece of short term business for two clubs with differing survival strategies.

For Caley fans this will be there "John Rankin" moment.  You had to accept that one of our best players was going to our rivals as it is a better move for them.  It's not really the player you're angry at, it's just the acceptance.  You have to accept that the other team in the rivalry is beyond you now.

Enjoy our shadow Caley fans.

Edited by Loki

For Caley fans this will be there "John Rankin" moment.  You had to accept that one of our best players was going to our rivals as it is a better move for them.  It's not really the player you're angry at, it's just the acceptance.  You have to accept that the other team in the rivalry is beyond you now.

Had this precise conversation with Bobby Mann and Steve Hislop on Twitter earlier. Grant Munro and Iain Vigurs were genuine mistakes by ICT, but otherwise we've had their freebies and they've had our stars. Until today.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

*their