The General Ross County Chat Thread

10 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Overall, a pretty good preview considering you're not a County fan.  A couple of points I'd discuss further:

• You haven't mentioned Kenny van der Weg in the defence summary.  He's primarily a left back but can play at centre back too.  And Marcus Fraser has looked poised to convert to a centre back for the last couple of years.  We were the only team not to concede a goal during the League Cup group stage, so whilst I wouldn't mind signing another centre back for cover (Josh Meekings?), I think it's actually our strongest area.
  • You've mentioned Jim O'Brien, but for the most part, McIntyre's used him at centre midfield and he's looked pretty good there.  I'd like us to bring someone else in (Ross Draper), which might push JOB out wide, but if we don't then JOB will stay in the middle.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Alstons been pretty average for us, flits in and out and honestly doesn't look like anymore than a cover player in a top six team. Imagine Sibbald would be around the same, nowhere near worth £200k anyway.

Alston is the kind of player McIntyre probably tried to sign when St Johnstone did.  A Lovejoy-style, project player.  Unfortunately, McShane wasn't up to it, Alston by the sounds of it is kind of meh, and Sibbald would be another case in point.  He's certainly the sort of player McIntyre would overpay for, although clearly they aren't going to be shelling out that sort of cash.

My guess is they'll end up with Draper for about a third of what it would cost to get Sibbald, and we'll all be thankful in the end.

2 hours ago, Forfinn said:

Overall, a pretty good preview considering you're not a County fan.  A couple of points I'd discuss further:

• You haven't mentioned Kenny van der Weg in the defence summary.  He's primarily a left back but can play at centre back too.  And Marcus Fraser has looked poised to convert to a centre back for the last couple of years.  We were the only team not to concede a goal during the League Cup group stage, so whilst I wouldn't mind signing another centre back for cover (Josh Meekings?), I think it's actually our strongest area.
  • You've mentioned Jim O'Brien, but for the most part, McIntyre's used him at centre midfield and he's looked pretty good there.  I'd like us to bring someone else in (Ross Draper), which might push JOB out wide, but if we don't then JOB will stay in the middle.

Thanks for the two points. It is great to hear the opinion of the clubs' supporters considering I'm giving an outsiders view. 

I also could have mentioned more about the youth, in hindsight, with guys like Tumilty and Keillor-Dunn breaking into the first team over the last few months too, albeit, mainly on the bench. 

Jimmy Mac's name been chucked in the mix for the Hearts job, wouldn't mind to see him go as long as we replaced him with somebody who has more than half a brain cell and doesn't play his best striker in the hole. But to be fair it's being reported on an instagram page with NorthStandRising (an arsehole Inverness fan) so could be proper shit

2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Jimmy Mac's name been chucked in the mix for the Hearts job, wouldn't mind to see him go as long as we replaced him with somebody who has more than half a brain cell and doesn't play his best striker in the hole. But to be fair it's being reported on an instagram page with NorthStandRising (an arsehole Inverness fan) so could be proper shit

:lol:

He'll report on anything. An ICT poster on here made up a transfer rumour a few months back and he ran with it for days saying he had inside info on the move etc.

Edited by RiG

There's probably a reason why we don't see more tweets like this - because there are people like me who over-analyse them - but there is a pic of training going on this morning:

https://tw

Some midfield shaping going on there with Jim O'Brien and Jamie Lindsay up against Russell Dingwall and Dylan Dykes(?).  Looks like Tumilty on the right of the flat four and I expect that's Dow on the far side but I'm not quite sure.

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.PNG.b4fb4d804010b875a05906671a1452b9.PNG

Similarly Jason Naismith is marking someone with a shaved head who I don't recognise.

46 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Also, there are no goalkeepers.  I think McIntyre's lost the plot.

Or maybe himself and Billy have found a loophole which allows the usage of the Any Man Saves* rule form primary school.

*Local variations are available depending upon which school/prison you grew up in.

2 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Or maybe himself and Billy have found a loophole which allows the usage of the Any Man Saves* rule form primary school.

*Local variations are available depending upon which school/prison you grew up in.

Heated debate avoided, well played. (You were obviously correct anyway).

Today's game showed at the minute we work much better with three in the middle rather than two. Got overrun when we switched to a back four.

I'd have hoped we'd get more than £100,000 for the guy. Sadly I suspect we'll take any offer that creeps over the six figure mark. We are clearly up for selling him.

26 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'd have hoped we'd get more than £100,000 for the guy. Sadly I suspect we'll take any offer that creeps over the six figure mark. We are clearly up for selling him.

It has an air of inevitability about it, doesn't it?