The General Ross County Chat Thread

O'Brien may end up central yet. Michael Gardyne can play both sides most likely left cutting back in and would likely play one of the wing back roles with Naismith moving forward on the right which would mean Kenny Van Der Weg playing left of a back three Fraser right Davies centre.

Consensus of the Majority of the fans feel that if we do play a three another centre half needs to be signed.

The club insist that we are only in the market for a winger,but we are weak in centre midfield and our Captain spends a lot of time in the physio room, in my opinion we will not finish top six with the current squad on our day we will give teams a game but I feel injuries & suspension may have a huge bearing on where we finish.

I'd play Midge cutting in. He's not the pace (and never had) had enough speed to burn past full backs, so him cutting in trying to threads balls for a striker makes sense to me.

23 minutes ago, stag317 said:

Hmm my source about vigurs is not so sure about it happening now! I'd like to see him come back home where he wants to be, but not looking likely now!

Good, this season is going to be a scrap and we have no room for passengers.

With our current non-existent centre midfield at times, I'd worry about putting Vigurs in there. He's not known for his ability to cover every blade of grass in 90 minutes.

If Vigurs does return, I'd stick him back out on the left. He was never blessed with pace but at least he can deliver ball into the box. And he's left-footed.

To be honest, I'd quite happily see someone drafted in from the development team to cover one of the positions. Are any of them capable of playing out wide? 

6 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

Was Vigurs not offered to us before he re-joined Caley, and McIntyre said no? I'd be surprised if that's changed.

The rumour I heard at the time was he was looking to train with County to keep fit but wasn't allowed to.

5 hours ago, yoda said:

If Vigurs does return, I'd stick him back out on the left. He was never blessed with pace but at least he can deliver ball into the box. And he's left-footed.

To be honest, I'd quite happily see someone drafted in from the development team to cover one of the positions. Are any of them capable of playing out wide? 

Roaming from the left of a four is what he does best. 

Davis Keillor-Dunn is the DL team's left-winger, but while he has been in match squads for the first team he hasn't been given any minutes yet.

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Latest rumour is that Hibs are in for Draper so you're going to have to outbid them I'd imagine.

That could be true, as he is a decent player but I doubt it, hibs are trying to scrape their pennies together to tempt Stokes to sign, they're desperate for a decent striker not a central midfielder atm.  

Sounds like ict trying to create something that isn't there as they need some cash, you couldn't even offer a nominal fee to take a player from the Highland League FFS, I mean WTF was that all about? Hilarious stuff guys :lol:

Edited by frankthetank22

Davies on the radio this morning talking about the season ahead, and he said something along the lines of "I'm sure there will be a couple of more [players] coming in over the next week or so". Presumably he's expecting Draper and maybe Meekings also, or there's a couple of other names floating about as fall-back options.

Edited by Spain

ICT failing to agree terms with a player from Buckie Thistle, just how bad is their situation?

We should wait until deadline day and then offer a tray of our finest pies for Draper. They could sell them at their next home game for a profit.

53 minutes ago, StuartTaylor said:

ICT failing to agree terms with a player from Buckie Thistle, just how bad is their situation?

We should wait until deadline day and then offer a tray of our finest pies for Draper. They could sell them at their next home game for a profit.

It's no exaggeration to state that this close season has been farcical on a level I've never seen from ICT. Laughable that we seemed to think Buckie would just give up their PotY with three years left on his contract for buttons.

1 hour ago, Spain said:

Davies on the radio this morning talking about the season ahead, and he said something along the lines of "I'm sure there will be a couple of more [players] coming in over the next week or so". Presumably he's expecting Draper and maybe Meekings also, or there's a couple of other names floating about as fall-back options.

If only we were in the Muir of Ord co-op to find out the latest goss.

Draper makes too much sense not to happen.

They've got a busy midfield, but most of them are slighter players. They've got Marvin Bartley too, who's similar to Draper in breaking stuff up, but is smaller and far more mobile.