The General Ross County Chat Thread

17 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Oh Lordy. Hope he doesn’t have to play.  

Edit: If he’s our starting left back, we’re in trouble, but I do like how much this will rile Inverness fans.

Edit again: sounds very much like he’s been signed with one eye towards the coaching side of things, with the guy from Oldham and Reid battling it out for left back more often than not.

Edited by Savage Henry

Have to feel sorry for ICT, they've lost their entire starting defence from the start of last season to the Premiership (Rooney, Donaldson, McCart, Tremarco), and have been left with Brad McKay.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have to feel sorry for ICT, they've lost their entire starting defence from the start of last season to the Premiership (Rooney, Donaldson, McCart, Tremarco), and have been left with Brad McKay.

They should be grateful that so many players see them as a stepping stone to the top flight.

Respected Tremarco as a Caley player, one of their commited solid pros who wasn't a total sack (Raven/Meekings/Rooney).

I guess he'll be there to mentor Josh Reid as he comes through with the odd game here and there as he's got absolutely zero pace nowadays.

EDIT: The level of seethe on Twitter is absolutely fantastic. 

Edited by Comrie

40 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Respected Tremarco as a Caley player, one of their commited solid pros who wasn't a total sack (Raven/Meekings/Rooney).

I guess he'll be there to mentor Josh Reid as he comes through with the odd game here and there as he's got absolutely zero pace nowadays.

EDIT: The level of seethe on Twitter is absolutely fantastic. 

The entitlement of some fans is truly remarkable.

On 03/07/2020 at 14:07, Comrie said:

Tremarco getting absolutely done for Mullin for the second goal in the 2-2 draw in Dingwall is why I wouldn't take Tremarco now. A guy who always gives his all, but he's well on the wane now.

On 03/07/2020 at 14:15, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Tremarco would be another Tokeley or Russell Duncan. A nice signing for a bit of banter, but quickly shown to be out of their depth playing for a bigger club.

On 06/07/2020 at 10:23, Loki said:

Tremarco 😂

I have to say, this is great outcome for all concerned.

All concerned that is, apart from @Comrie @Sherrif John Bunnell @Loki et al

It's an absolute shit housery signing by County but I don't get the seethe from some ICT fans on social media. We released the guy and made him no offer whatsoever. Just a "Cheers pal now off you pop". As I said on the ICT thread there are only positives for Tremarco here. He'll likely get more money even as a squad player at County, he and his family stay in an area where they are settled, he gets to play at a higher level and he can keep doing his football coaching as well.

It's shite but I'm more concerned what ICT are going to do to try and get us back into the top flight.

Edited by RiG

Anybody else has the club phoning them everyday trying to flog season tickets?? I took a call from them last Thursday regarding trying to get me to renew my ticket (which I can’t due to work taking me away from Scotland), and got a rather rude reply when I explained my reasoning.
Surely you shouldn’t have to explain why you decide to renew or not? I pay what I can to support the club in other ways, but I’m a bit bemused/offended to be honest to be treated as yet another cash cow by this “family club” [emoji15]

I had a missed call from County yesterday as well. Thought it might’ve been them taking the piss and phoning me as a thankyou like all the auld fukers got as I look like an oap these days but maybe it was them just being their standard inept and not realising I’d already paid for my season ticket

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Oh Lordy. Hope he doesn’t have to play.  

Edit: If he’s our starting left back, we’re in trouble, but I do like how much this will rile Inverness fans.

Edit again: sounds very much like he’s been signed with one eye towards the coaching side of things, with the guy from Oldham and Reid battling it out for left back more often than not.

He was being linked to Elgin as aplayer/coach, so if he's being groomed for a backroom role, can see why he's been signed. Family is settled in the Highlands by all accounts, so not keen to move. I really don't think (hope) he'll be near the first team regularly. 

2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

The number of times Caley fans have questioned his “loyalty” despite them being the ones that released him is completely ironic.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

It's an absolute shit housery signing by County but I don't get the seethe from some ICT fans on social media. We released the guy and made him no offer whatsoever. Just a "Cheers pal now off you pop". As I said on the ICT thread there are only positives for Tremarco here. He'll likely get more money even as a squad player at County, he and his family stay in an area where they are settled, he gets to play at a higher level and he can keep doing his football coaching as well.

It's shite but I'm more concerned what ICT are going to do to try and get us back into the top flight.

It seems to me that "released" is a word from a bygone era.

Pre Bosman, players were most certainly released but these days, they come to the end of their contracts and move on.

If the player or club is put out by that, then that's just so much tough.

Also, I've just re-read Matty-RCFC's missive.

I do miss Jacqueline.  

11 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Doing this every transfer window is great for the lol's

Who are ict going to appoint as captain next😆

A very uninspiring signing but for a one year deal, probably a good move to ensure decent cover. 

Welcome to Ross County and the Premiership Carl. 

There's nothing like highland hospitality and this is nothing like highland hospitality

On 16/07/2020 at 13:18, humbleheart said:

I had a missed call from County yesterday as well. Thought it might’ve been them taking the piss and phoning me as a thankyou like all the auld fukers got as I look like an oap these days but maybe it was them just being their standard inept and not realising I’d already paid for my season ticket

Aye, speaking to a few of my mates, they’ve had the same thing as me. Not really wanting to stir the poop any more, but they also think it’s quite tinpot and offensive. And two out of the three of them actually renewed in the first week!! Very poor organisation or just blatant ignorance I guess?

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Richard Foster signing for Partick Thistle.  That’s a heck of a signing for them... he’s a much better player than Tremarco.  No idea why his contract wasn’t renewed.

He's better than the second tier, that's for sure. 

Wonder how long before a patented Amy MacDonald outburst aimed at Thistle after a while?