The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

It’s been a great week at the club, good signings that we paid money for. But you know, lack of succession & Gretna comparisons must be aired….

Some of the County fans on this thread have turned it into cesspit of negativity. 

I think people have just been pointing out the apparent hypocrisy of your chairman saying only a few weeks ago that clubs need to cut their cloth accordingly, check their spending and so on before whipping out the cheque book again for the umpteenth time in however many years. I get that's his style and he loves a bit of publicity but it makes you an easy target for criticism and mocking.

Edited by RiG

4 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

It’s been a great week at the club, good signings that we paid money for. But you know, lack of succession & Gretna comparisons must be aired….

Some of the County fans on this thread have turned it into cesspit of negativity. 

I was confident and upbeat about our signings last season. Especially Olaigbe.

Edited by Comrie

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

I think people have just been pointing out the apparent hypocrisy of your chairman saying only a few weeks ago that clubs need to cut their cloth accordingly, check their spending and so on before whipping out the cheque book again for the umpteenth time in however many years. I get that's his style and he loves a bit of publicity but it makes you an easy target for criticism and mocking.

Cutting your cloth accordingly means spending within your means. There is no sign that Roy is spending without his means. Is it sustainable within the long term? Probably not, but as long as he’s spending his money and not landing the club with a pile of debt, then he is cutting his cloth accordingly. 

14 minutes ago, RiG said:

Yeah.  If he hadn’t made that daft statement about cutting cloth, these would, on the face of it, simply be two expensive but demonstrable improvements to the first team.  

Anyway, I was at ICT today with work and it didn’t sound like Billy Mackay would be coming back judging from the complete lack of mention of his name by the financial director chap in his aims for the forthcoming season.   

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Anyway, I was at ICT today with work and it didn’t sound like Billy Mackay would be coming back judging from the complete lack of mention of his name by the financial director chap in his aims for the forthcoming season.   

It's always nice to hear of former players, any idea where Mackay may be going.

I used to think that the Hearts fans were the gurniest group of old gits in Scotland but not a chance, Ross County supporters beat them hands down.

Hope you have a lovely weekend folks 👋😂

1 minute ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Ayr has been rumoured numerous times.

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I used to think that the Hearts fans were the gurniest group of old gits in Scotland but not a chance, Ross County supporters beat them hands down.

Hope you have a lovely weekend folks 👋😂

I agree, you would think that the racist talk about the manager would have died down ,but some like to virtue signal and it is a right pain in the rear end.

Grow up support your club and stop bringing up the past.

Tiresome at best, virtue signalling at worst.

I may as well have a rant like all the others ,so rant over.

Edited by Sammy

5 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Oh well the -2 points already 🙄 

Just to be expected nowadays 

It was either that or have the same argument again for the 1,057th time, which I agree would be tiresome.

1 hour ago, Staggie52 said:

Cutting your cloth accordingly means spending within your means. There is no sign that Roy is spending without his means. Is it sustainable within the long term? Probably not, but as long as he’s spending his money and not landing the club with a pile of debt, then he is cutting his cloth accordingly. 

He means the football club cutting its cloth, not the owner cutting his, but I think you know that.

1 hour ago, Sammy said:

I agree, you would think that the racist talk about the manager would have died down ,but some like to virtue signal and it is a right pain in the rear end.

Grow up support your club and stop bringing up the past.

Tiresome at best, virtue signalling at worst.

I may as well have a rant like all the others ,so rant over.

Blindly supporting your club regardless of what they do doesn't strike me as particular grown up, but hey, that's the joy of the human experience, we've all got our own perspective on things.

2 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Blindly supporting your club regardless of what they do doesn't strike me as particular grown up, but hey, that's the joy of the human experience, we've all got our own perspective on things.

We have them too. Guys like Gardiner and Dodds can do no wrong in some The Caley fans eyes.

It doesn’t really matter how much we spend if Roy is writing it off , what does matter is getting a plan in place to be able to cut our cloth when the time comes of Roy no longer funding the club, for all we know there may be something in place already.

Its unlikely that someone who’s been involved with the club and area for so long would not have a thought for the clubs longer term future

14 hours ago, forkboy said:

The problem with you Forkboy (hope your name is based on the Lard song, at least then you may have slight taste. Doubt it though...). Is you keep making the same points ENDLESSLY. You may as well just copy & paste forever. Have you got nothing better to do with your sad life? Are you even a County fan? Play a f'in different record for once!! You have a right to express your view, but we read and understood you the 1st time. I respect that, but to keep making the exact same points on&on&on is worse than any Caley fan does.

If there is one good thing about Malky is it keeps people like you away. Stay away, one less extremely negative idiot in the stadium thank God!!

It's a new season on the way and you are constantly forever negative. You are worse than any ICT fan or even dare I say some old firm fans. The sectarian bile that gets spewed out when the old firm play, why don't you clog up their threads, but you don't. Why is that? Are you an old firm fan at heart. Is that your 2nd team FFS!! Hypocrite if so. Are you forever bitter, constantly holding a grudge. Broken marriage, kids don't want to see you. Something is clearly wrong with you. Lots don't post here, just read as I mostly do, to say your posts are tiresome now is a bloody understatement. Go watch Clach, ICT, Nairn County, Brora or some team. You seem a sour pathetic individual. We read, understood and got your point the first time. It's like an annoying song constantly on repeat. Give it a break FFS!!

7 minutes ago, Sonam said:

If there is one good thing about Malky is it keeps people like you away.

Youd rather support a racist, homophobic, xenophobic, bigot, than read the words of someone who has a different opinion?

OOFT!