The General Ross County Chat Thread

17 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Does anybody know when the loan window shuts/if it is already shut? I believe you can still sign domestic players on loan from higher leagues but that might not be the case. If it’s not, seems a bit bizarre to see Adam Mackinnon kept around the first team for the season. With the signing of High on deadline day, I make it 8 midfielders ahead of Mackinnon in the pecking order so I’d be a bit gutted for the lad if he’s made to rot after what seemed like a very promising spell at Montrose last season.

Who cares about young homegrown talent, we've just come into money etc etc etc...

Trying to buy tickets for the Aberdeen cup game, I'm a season ticket holder.  Cant login and I am stuck in an infinity loop - not accepting my password, and reset password says my email address isnt recognised, sign up as a new user says my email address is already registered.  It cant be both..  Anyone else having difficulty?

5 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

https://news.stv.tv/sport/former-scotland-international-charlie-mulgrew-retires-from-football

Bullet dodged (doubt he was ever an option tbh, but even a slight risk was too great a risk)

There'll be fans of a few clubs (mainly championship & L1) thinking the same, I'm sure.

The way he conducted himself & performed at DU last season, it would appear, has come back and bitten him on the arse.

On 04/09/2023 at 19:52, Pete the Jakey said:

Trying to buy tickets for the Aberdeen cup game, I'm a season ticket holder.  Cant login and I am stuck in an infinity loop - not accepting my password, and reset password says my email address isnt recognised, sign up as a new user says my email address is already registered.  It cant be both..  Anyone else having difficulty?

I have also tried, different browsers, even tried an Apple phone and just gave up. Website is a joke in this day and age. I'm a season ticket holder as well.

The club even messed my season ticket seat option as well. Instead of being back row of the stand, was assigned front row. FFS!!!

At least I can move around, even in the Rangers match the other week moved seat freely. To be fair, that's a positive at least...

8 minutes ago, scamp1909 said:

Jordan Tillson to us. Wit like's he?

Never heard this, but when he came to us I looked at what the fans in England said. It was basically that he’d put in the effort in midfield but don’t expect him to be creative. I’d go along with that.

6 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

Never heard this, but when he came to us I looked at what the fans in England said. It was basically that he’d put in the effort in midfield but don’t expect him to be creative. I’d go along with that.

Sounds perfect. He'll be cover for the guys doing the uglier jobs in there.

1 hour ago, scamp1909 said:

38 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

A midfielder for a scrap, not for dominating possession. Like Stewart Murdoch, who United quickly converted to a right-back.

tillson.thumb.png.61d793767b25221a38ee75ce7ed6e8e3.png

About right? Offers absolutely nothing in possession but does a great job disrupting play.

1 hour ago, scamp1909 said:

Runs about. Works hard. Awful on the ball. Occasionally (well more than occasionally) loves a lunge.

Will do well in the championship battles , solid enough signing for United but he won’t be a goal threat or a creative player 

as for ourselves that’s tillson gone on loan and Hiwula released , I wonder if this paves the way for dipping into the free agent market for a winger

34 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Will do well in the championship battles , solid enough signing for United but he won’t be a goal threat or a creative player 

as for ourselves that’s tillson gone on loan and Hiwula released , I wonder if this paves the way for dipping into the free agent market for a winger

A winger, have you anyone in mind?

We've not given Henderson much of a run out yet this season, but that's probably due to the really big improvement we've had in Josh Sims. I liked the look of Henderson in the league cup matches.

27 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

A winger, have you anyone in mind?

We've not given Henderson much of a run out yet this season, but that's probably due to the really big improvement we've had in Josh Sims. I liked the look of Henderson in the league cup matches.

Given we have two and play with none, I can’t see a winger coming in. 

1 hour ago, Rcfc fan said:

We'll bring in a central midfielder. Just you watch.