The General Ross County Chat Thread

17 hours ago, Zeto-83 said:

Im taking this with a pinch of salt as Utd will have to have paid for him as pretty sure he has at least 18mths on his contract still so wouldn't get him cheaply - plus big player for us as well and doubt DA would be playing him weekly if there was even a chance of this being true.

He will definitely be out the door, there was a big bust up with Derek Adams as he didn't utter a word to the players in his team talk before he went and slated them in the media and he was one of the players to put it on him in the subsequent meeting during the week.

Adams is an absolute loon ball.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/adams-unsure-over-benefit-of-winter-break-336741/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Some illuminating comments from Adams.

• Changing the working week for the players, so they have Wednesdays off rather than Mondays
  • It explains a recent fixture change for the Motherwell match at Fir Park to a Tuesday. I do remember Adams always wanting his fixtures on a Tuesday night.
  • That would make the work-life balance harder to stomach for those who still have families outside the Highlands. Bust-up or not, if Murray's family are still in Dundee for example, you can see why he would soon want away.
  • Malky did many things wrong, but he did work on making it as attractive as possible for players to sign for the club. Adams only wants short-term contracts with no prospect of players going home for 48 hours. Why would players play in Dingwall with no job security and little prospect of regularly seeing their families?

I hope I'm proved wrong but I think the lack of empathy by Adams will be his undoing.

Edited by bunglebonce

2 hours ago, KD1711 said:

He will definitely be out the door, there was a big bust up with Derek Adams as he didn't utter a word to the players in his team talk before he went and slated them in the media and he was one of the players to put it on him in the subsequent meeting during the week.

Adams is an absolute loon ball.

None of this happened.  

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:
  • I hope I'm proved wrong but I think the lack of empathy by Adams will be his undoing.

If we consider how workplace expectations have moved on for the better since the 21st of May 1983, it's easy to see how far out of time he is. Short term contracts so beloved by the benevolent one may work elsewhere but I'm not convinced that strategy fabricates a football team, far less a healthy culture. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

None of this happened.  

Tbf it was being reported before he came out with his half retraction that the players had confronted him about his comments.

3 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/adams-unsure-over-benefit-of-winter-break-336741/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Changing the working week for the players, so they have Wednesdays off rather than Mondays
  • It explains a recent fixture change for the Motherwell match at Fir Park to a Tuesday. I do remember Adams always wanting his fixtures on a Tuesday night.
  • That would make the work-life balance harder to stomach for those who still have families outside the Highlands. Bust-up or not, if Murray's family are still in Dundee for example, you can see why he would soon want away.
  • Malky did many things wrong, but he did work on making it as attractive as possible for players to sign for the club. Adams only wants short-term contracts with no prospect of players going home for 48 hours. Why would players play in Dingwall with no job security and little prospect of regularly seeing their families?

I hope I'm proved wrong but I think the lack of empathy by Adams will be his undoing.

I agree. In isolation Adams’ comments since he took the job can each be seen as misspeak or frustration. But when you look at the whole piece it isn’t pretty.

- 6 month contracts 

- Poor standard of football

- No Mondays off

You are bang on, it isn’t exactly a great recruitment poster!

Where?

Almost everywhere is reporting he held a meeting with the players on the Monday after the game, and since then hes openly talked about how "his players" told him they were disappointed by his comments, while also telling the media its been difficult/hard since those comments.

He's also made particularly pointed comments suggesting hes lost all relationship with a player, or multiple, since then too.

Adams conceded his comments will mean some of his squad won’t be on board with his post-match assessment.

He added: “I don’t think that you always get that, no.

“That’s never possible. Top managers never get that, there are always people within dressing rooms that managers don’t get on with.

“It happens, players will not like a regime under a certain manager. It could be too easy, or it could be too difficult.

“All the top managers have the same problems.”

I guess we'll see tomorrow when your line up is announced, but judging by his words/tone over the past week, its clear theres been tension in training and I don't think history suggests he'll do anything other than try to assert his authority in that situation.

@RandomGuy. not that I don’t believe it happened BTS, but there’s a difference between what was reported and quoted and what you are insinuating. 

His line up has been very consistent until now. I do expect a handful of changes today. 

I do to.  I also expect an absolutely horrible game.  Conditions look like they’ll be miserable.  

Yes, also seeing far too many Dundee Utd fans certain Simon Murray is a done deal in Jan.

That will be IMO a huge loss. If County could at least least keep him for the full season I'd be happy. According to the United fans, Jan move is certain. With his positive attitude, great work ethic and goals. Can't see where we would get a like for like replacement. There are better players out there of course, but on a budget and trying to convince them to move up here. It's his work ethic I like, runs for everything and that rubs off on the other players.

Looking like play offs, or relegation if Livingston pick up form. Adams will be judged in his signings. I'm not confident at all sadly. Partick, Raith or Dundee United will win I reckon. 

15 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Lack of empathy, couldn't have put it better.