The General Ross County Chat Thread

On 01/06/2024 at 16:29, Savage Henry said:

Jay Henderson away to Ayr.  Given he’s out of contract at the end of the year, I’m guessing that’s the last we’ve seen of him in a County shirt. 

Our record transfer fees have been spent on a striker who looks a stone overweight and would rather be anywhere else, a midfielder who can’t play as a 6 or an 8, and a winger who played 15 games and has now left the club.   

I get that Brophy is a pure Uncle Roy legacy signing, but the other two have been pretty scandalous uses of resources. 

Derek Holmes? 

Can't think of the Midfielder but if ts not Terry Dunfield.

No winger will ever ever replace Keith Ferris,💕💕

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Looks like Delboy has got a 100x better job than his last. 

Swindon or Morecambe!? 

Like choosing between being punched in the face or kicked in the nuts. 

39 minutes ago, StuartTaylor said:

We've offered contracts to Harmon, Sims, Callachan and Efete (P&J)

Cheers, I popped on here to ask who the four players were, as I it was stuck behind a p&J paywall.

I'm surprised about Efete, he's clearly physically strong but just doesn't seem to know what to do with a football, or where to stand in a defensive line.

Harmon & Sims clearly add something to the team and are characters within the group. Although the amount of game time Cowie was giving Reid, I thought Harmon was away, hopefully not.

Callachan, well he's clearly a strong character within the squad. He's missed a whole season so needs to prove his worth again & a good preseason could set him up well for us, he & Cowie clearly have a good relationship.

Good news for us that ICT are staying Inverness-based. Handy to have a local side at L1 level for us to send promising youngsters on loan. Sending them to Kelty would have been impractical.

Assuming they survive the close season, of course.

16 hours ago, Forfinn said:

Good news for us that ICT are staying Inverness-based. Handy to have a local side at L1 level for us to send promising youngsters on loan. Sending them to Kelty would have been impractical.

Assuming they survive the close season, of course.

We probably ought to do the right thing and give them a few loanees , will benefit us too, was disappointed to see mackinnon leave in all honesty thought he had potential, caley could do a lot worse than snap him up

There’s Kyle Turner away.

Whilst he wasn’t given much of a chance, he looked bang average whenever he did. Would’ve liked to have seen him stay and give him a decent runout, but good luck to him. 

8 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Whilst he wasn’t given much of a chance, he looked bang average whenever he did. Would’ve liked to have seen him stay and give him a decent runout, but good luck to him. 

Just hope that the Rovers have kept communication with him.🤞. We were definitely getting a tune out of him up to the play off final when, of course, he was ineligible to play for us. There's more than a decent Championship player in him.

On 03/06/2024 at 14:41, Matty-RCFC said:

Looks like Delboy has got a 100x better job than his last. 

Good news. Pleased to see Mr Adams back in management and I'll monitor with interest.

Also, while I'm here I forgot to give my congratulation to Ross County for staying in the Premiership. Well done, I think having a highland team in the league adds to it and so was quite happy to see you stay in the division. You played well against Raith and tbf towards the end of the season as a whole and deserved to stay up.

32 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Glad to hear it, Turner is/was a waste of space, very poor attitude, too lightweight and offered very little.

It's players like him we could do without.

It's a shame MacKinnon was released, really thought he could be a player for us, be interesting to see how his career develops elsewhere.

50 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Also, while I'm here I forgot to give my congratulation to Ross County for staying in the Premiership. Well done, I think having a highland team in the league adds to it and so was quite happy to see you stay in the division. You played well against Raith and tbf towards the end of the season as a whole and deserved to stay up.

Hiya numbers. Thoughts on Adams returning to Morecambe?