The General Ross County Chat Thread

Are the wages for this rather large squad being financed from these fictional crowds of 2500+ at Victoria Park?

I suspect Roy has opened his "Global" cheque book.

The impression I've got from a few folk recently is that Roy doesn't want to be seen as failing again, as in he sees the teams performance and stature reflecting him personally.

If we're in the hunt at all in January, I suspect Roy will again make another push.

County have been a very well run club for a decent amount of time though. No fishing on my part here but surely some of you must admit exaggerating the attendances is a worry?

I was at the game back in February and the attendance was nowhere near what it was stated. Fair enough if a member of the BoD will dip into their own pocket to finance a signing or two but surely that it would be best if the Club were honest about how many people turned up?

I mentioned this to a County fan who stays down in Glasgow and he was in agreement. He also still has some reservations about Adams coming back, any other County fans feel the same?

Edited by coldojag

County have been a very well run club for a decent amount of time though. No fishing on my part here but surely some of you must admit exaggerating the attendances is a worry?

I was at the game back in February and the attendance was nowhere near what it was stated. Fair enough if a member of the BoD will dip into their own pocket to finance a signing or two but surely that it would be best if the Club were honest about how many people turned up?

The crowd in the February game was 2300. I wasn't at it but the crowds have been averaging 2200-2300 for years now and I'd say it was pretty accurate.

The only dodgy thing about the crowds at Viccy Park these days is when we have a midweek league game and they announce the crowd as 1800 when there is clearly only about half there but a midweek cup game in the ALBA Cup will be announced as 500 (as most clubs do) when there there is probably double there. The weekend attendances are fairly spot on though.

The Alex Smith era exaggerated crowds of a 3500 average is almost 10 years old now anyway...

Edited by staggy4life

And before anyone starts, you can call that an ego trip or whatever you want, but the man's heart is undoubtedly in the right place (mostly).

That's true. My moans about his communication problems will be gone if he keeps giving money to the squad. :ph34r:

It doesn't make sense to be signing so many similar midfielders when reliant upon a distinctly average striker in McMenamin to score goals.

Am hoping he proves better than average, always rated him as one of the better strikers in the division. Not saying he's amazing, just one of the better strikers. Imagine also that Adams is hoping the depth in midfield will see us address the problems of burn out 2 seasons ago, and the competition for places address the problem of under-performing last season. Dont enough about Byrne and Morrow to know what they offer up front, but am hoping/trusting Adams knows what he's doing. Your continued concern is appreciated tongue.gif

I dont think we're anything like favourites for the league as some are saying, would be well happy with a 3rd or 4th place. Too tight a league and too many signings to be made all round for any clear favourites. Think we've improved, but as has been said 6 out 7 in, with no obvious superstars signed, doesnt make us favourites.

Sounds to me like Adams' brash man management style didn't pay off for Paul. No doubt Moore recognises what he got from him in the past and will have him back to his pre-County best.

Sounds like someone's clutching at straws with Di Jokomo.

No fishing on my part here but surely some of you must admit exaggerating the attendances is a worry?

Is it worrying that your own attendances have dwindled in recent years? That you can't open all four three sides of your stadium?

Is it worrying that your own attendances have dwindled in recent years?

Like a number of other Clubs throughout the country?

That you can't open all four three sides of your stadium?

Sorry, should we open all the stands so it aesthetically pleases supporters? The point you make is silly.

You try hard but you'll never be as good as the main man.

Edited by coldojag

You try hard but you'll never be as good as the main man.

Tyler doesn't try to be a dick, just comes naturally to him. ;)

And no, why would the club making up fictional attendances bother us? So long as they aren't budgeting on fake attendances but real numbers they can say we get 18,000 every week and I'd not give a toss to be honest.

It does concern me a little that MacGregor seems to be linking his own ego with the club, because that often ends up rather unpleasantly, first example to come to mind being Calum Melville. Though Don't expect Roy's finances to go the way of Calum's.

I think with the depth we now have in the squad and the strengh in midfield and defence we could be challenging right up there this season, no reason we cant really, signed some really decent players. Would still like us to sign an out and out wide-man, instead of trying to convert midfielders and strikers into this role, Swankie would be good still hope a deal can be done there.

Sounds like someone's clutching at straws with Di Jokomo.

Swing and a miss.

Luckily we got our first choice signing target because he turned your lot down - otherwise your lolztastic moniker might be playing regularly rather than being a sub. Nothing to lose for us while you rely on Mr Mercenary as your sole candidate for goals.

Munro, Duncan, Quinn, Byrne and Morrow are all superfluous to an extent (excellent as some of them are). Swankie is the signing County need, to have an option wide-right. I'd be disappointed if County's excessive budget didn't stretch for the player they could actually do with having, leaving them to play their centre-forwards on the wing again.

@Dingdong, Giaco was brilliant up front on his own against Caley and against Dundee at Dens. The movement between Giaco and Gardyne behind him was something else. What Giaco fell victim to was a lack of confidence [starting] from Adams's rotation of his forwards pre-Barrowman.

So rather than playing one of your centre-forwards wide right, you'd rather sign a centre-forward and, er, play him wide right?

So rather than playing one of your centre-forwards wide right, you'd rather sign a centre-forward and, er, play him wide right?

He never played as a winger at all at Arbroath? He's certainly played there before for previous clubs.