The General Ross County Chat Thread

This is the sort of quality patter that the First Division forum lacked. Personally, I can't wait for the first derby thread and the debate over who has the more railway crossings: Inverness or Dingwall?

Who won that competition in the end? The level crossings that is.

What's the feeling with County fans now that they are in the SPL and Rangers aren't....

For the 50% that this applies to, is this a chance to finally drop having a big team?

Edited by sophia

Only 10 days till we have to face those pesky Ultra's again in our first pre-season friendly. Even though it's a Wednesday, I might try and venture up to this one. Anyone else planning it?

Only 10 days till we have to face those pesky Ultra's again in our first pre-season friendly. Even though it's a Wednesday, I might try and venture up to this one. Anyone else planning it?

Not me. I'm boycotting that place. Seems like the fashionable thing to do.

Edited by Savage Henry

That depends, are Brora voting yes or no to newco? So hard to keep up...

I'll be there to face the 'Brora Red Ultras'

I wonder if they will stay for the whole game this time, or disappear at half time again.

The only set of Ultras I have seen turn up with a tamborine

Ah the Tain Marquee... Disclaimer time: I am not responsible for my actions at the Tain Marquee. If I speak to you, there will be a good chance I won't remember it in the morning.

Anyway, it would be unlike me to come on here and not steal Ed's photo's from OTB, so here we have the latest at the ground:

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0009-2.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

As a Golspie boy I'll be hoping to make this one. Always good to see Brora getting pumped. Enjoyed it last year and a good excuse to get up the road (free babysitter included- thanks mum)

Well, it now looks certain that Rangers, in their new form, will not have immediate entry into the SPL.

That would leave the Club 12 place to be filled by Dunfermline or Dundee. Who do we want?

I believe that since the latest developments have happened post-11/12 season, Dunfermline are relegated and wouldn't keep their place. We shall see if that happens.

I think I would prefer to have Dunfermline in the SPL. Their squad has already been largely disassembled and it would take a huge effort to have a SPL-ready squad.

I would be slightly more fearful of Dundee coming up. Sure, they finished way behind in SFL1, but they almost have a competitive first XI. I'm not sure Davidson is a great signing, even for the First, but Riley, O'Donnell and Conroy together are on par with County's midfield. Baird is a great signing. Ultimately. it might be their defence that lets them down, but it wouldn't take many signings to get the first team up to scratch, while Smith has a record of getting unbeaten runs out of his team when the going gets tough.

Either team in the SPL would be good news for County.

Edited by bunglebonce

Agreed, either team coming up is going to help improve our chances of survival. I would perhaps prefer Dunfermline for similar reasons to BB, but I do believe Dundee will more likely come up. I'm happy either way to be honest, just pleased that justice is being done.

ETA: Although imagine dundeebarry and fifespud in the SPL forum...

ETAA: And Big Gus with a whole new Pie Tour

Edited by Spain

Just been thinking about the new seating arrangements at Victoria Park. With all this steel, is there not a danger that if there's icy conditions in the winter, whole parts of the ground will become particularly dangerous? I mean, moreso than your average cement-type surface. The undersoil heating might mean the pitch is playable, but frozen stands might mean the game gets called off anyway! Or does the steel get treated somehow?

By all accounts it will be Dundee coming up, however I would not be surprised to see a challenge by Dunfermline especially if the double contracts is proven. They could claim that Rangers had an unfair advantage all season long, and in the event of double contracts players being played all games involved with them would surely see Rangers default on. It wouldn't surprise me to see Dunfermline take that to CAS to remain in the SPL. It is a valid claim.

Will the new stand attached onto the main be an away section? And the stand behind the goal? If away fans travel in numbers up there it looks like there will be a fantastic atmosphere inside Victoria Park!

The new stand behind the goal has a capacity of 2,000. This will be the away allocation.