The General Ross County Chat Thread

Where is he going to get a game? If he sees himself as a right-back then he's up against Kovacevic, who was near faultless at right-back last season (his final ball could have been better, but that's being picky). Otherwise he'd be in direct competition with the Original Ginger Pele.

Did I read elsewhere that Munro's squad number is 12 and Micic 6? That might be insignificant, but it might also be indicative of the medium term.

Edited by bunglebonce

Well that sounds relatively promising. We've gambled on a few players before that have had bad injuries. He's also a CB/RB which is exactly the where we're a bit light. Scott Burns is pretty much always on the money, so this could well be an almost done deal.

Scott Burns has become the most reliable journo for breaking transfer news especially where Motherwell are concerned. Saunders deserves another chance to play in the SPL and he has the talent. I was disappointed we let him go but two major injuries in two seasons is probably good enough reason not to give him a new deal. Remember he was good enough to get a Scotland call although it was one of Levein's many farcical decisions.

From the games he played before his injuries (and hopefully he is still at the same level) he was strong at centre half and a good tackler with decent pace. When he played at full back he was more attacking than you would think and was good with the ball at his feet with enough pace to beat a man and get a cross in. If he plays at right back for County and stays fit he could make McCall look foolish for letting him go because our right back situation is looking pretty dire.

Where is he going to get a game? If he sees himself as a right-back then he's up against Kovacevic, who was near faultless at right-back last season (his final ball could have been better, but that's being picky). Otherwise he'd be in direct competition with the Original Ginger Pele.

Did I read elsewhere that Munro's squad number is 12 and Micic 6? That might be insignificant, but it might also be indicative of the medium term.

Yeah, it's a good question to ask where he'll play. Can't see him beating out Kova for the job anyway.

We saw Boyd and Hainault play together briefly at the end of last season - despite most of us thinking they were too similar to play together - so perhaps Adams will replace Hainault with Saunders?

Room for one more signing then? Will it be a 6"3' striker or a classy creative midfielder? Or will it be Jimmy Scott?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE NO.

We saw Boyd and Hainault play together briefly at the end of last season - despite most of us thinking they were too similar to play together - so perhaps Adams will replace Hainault with Saunders?

My thoughts exactly.

I must say I'm impressed by this thread: actually talking about the football!? Are all County threads like this? Maybe I'm too used to the children's table Hibs/Hearts threads.

Anyway, I have a bit of a soft spot for County* and had to share this belter of a photo:

Forres-Mechanics-v-Ross-County.jpg

(http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/forres-mechanics-0-ross-county-2034909)

Once a Hibee, always a Hibee :wub:

*Being quickly worn away by your refusal to lose to us :unsure:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE NO.

My thoughts exactly.

Room for one more signing then? Will it be a 6"3' striker or a classy creative midfielder? Or will it be Jimmy Scott?

:lol:

Got the fright of my life the other day at Forres when I seen a baldy coupon emerge from the tunnel, thankfully it was Munro.

I know we made it sound like we were only 1 signing away from our squad, but I'd be surprised if we didn't pick up another.

It was interesting a poster on OTB raised the Riordan question again, a certain director mentioned him again at the weekend having said that we're undecided on whether we actually want The Wolf back now or not. I still have a completely baseless feeling that Midge may return. As I've said before, it almost happened in January until Houston left United.

Edited by Spain

I know we made it sound like we were only 1 signing away from our squad, but I'd be surprised if we didn't pick up another.

It was interesting a poster on OTB raised the Riordan question again, a certain director mentioned him again at the weekend having said that we're undecided on whether we actually want The Wolf back now or not. I still have a completely baseless feeling that Midge may return. As I've said before, it almost happened in January until Houston left United.

Definately need another striker, cant really rely on Luckassen as he's still very young and un-proven. Un-decided on whether The Wolf is the answer or not though, as he did struggle to get involved into games at times. With Midge behind him however :D

As for Riordan, he undoubtedly a talented player, but is brainless. Don't think I'd take him purely because he probably cant be arsed anymore.

One of my usual sources told me we've a Greek striker on trial. Will try find out more detail before I head back offshore in the morning!

One of my usual sources told me we've a Greek striker on trial. Will try find out more detail before I head back offshore in the morning!

You need to get wifi with iMessage/whatsapp on that rig of yours. That'll be you off until Holland then!