The General Ross County Chat Thread

Reguero

Fenlon - Dreeson - Boyd - Celcer

Kiss - Brittain- Carey

Arquin - Boyce - De Leeuw

That line-up would leave us with an alternative XI / development squad of what?

Brown

Saunders - Frempah - Balk - Latouchent

Klok

Maatsen - Quinn - Cardle

Ross - Jervis

That looks reasonable, and that's before you start adding in Dingwall, Ferries etc. We should in theory be far more competitive in that league this year too, which will hopefully help those youngsters in it come on leaps and bounds too.

That line-up would leave us with an alternative XI / development squad of what?

Brown

Saunders - Frempah - Balk - Latouchent

Klok

Maatsen - Quinn - Cardle

Ross - Jervis

That looks reasonable, and that's before you start adding in Dingwall, Ferries etc. We should in theory be far more competitive in that league this year too, which will hopefully help those youngsters in it come on leaps and bounds too.

Just realised we'll likely see that team play our first attempt at the League Cup... :lol::huh::(

I hope to f**k for one County take the League Cup seriously. Especially since we will be seeded up until the last 16. The early exit last year to Stranraer was horrific.

I hope to f**k for one County take the League Cup seriously. Especially since we will be seeded up until the last 16. The early exit last year to Stranraer was horrific.

Losing 4-1 to Raith at home the year before was worse. I was fucking seething with Adams that night. To this day it is still the only time I've ever left a county game early.

No sign of Klok tonight at the DL* game.

*because I'm not going to type Development League every frigging time.

Hmmm... not holding my breath he'll be in the squad on Sunday, but we'll see...

Bit of a distraction, and feels churlish of me to have brought it up earlier on a day of so much good news. Just nosy really ;)

Edited by dingdong1929

Happy days are here again. I didn't reckon we had any chance at getting Kiss back, and now I think that's a really strong squad. Four full backs, at least four centre halves, three wide players, five or six central midfielders depending on how you count them, and four forwards. We've improved our keeper, got a proper right back, and competition for centre half. My only slightly concern is left back. I wasn't that taken by Celcer on his own promotional video, so we shall see.

Arquin has signed a contract extension according to our official twitter feed. Doesn't say when to, end of season presumably.

I don't think there has been any detail whatsoever about contract lengths this summer, other than what Liam Boyce leaked on that Cliftonville podcast. I'm beginning to think that it's a deliberate ploy to stop suitors enticing the players elsewhere, but if that's the case it would only attract them more (and those suitors would just ask the agents, anyway).

Edited by bunglebonce