The General Ross County Chat Thread

Apparently he's still at least 6 months away from "healing". And only at that point will he know if he can even play football again. With rehab and then training, the earliest he's expected to return to near match fitness is April/May. Not a surprise that the club haven't continued to pay an out of contract player (who they've been paying until now without a contract) who won't be fit for the entire season. Disappointing for all parties involved to be honest. Ketts has always been one of my favourites.

All change again before end of August?

County didn't turn up tonight. A couple of staggies said there are rumours of disquiet behind the scenes. Is DA pissing off more than the opposition these days?

Sacked in the morning? Maybe harsh but the team was devoid of any spirit or endeavour this evening.

No, Adams won't be sacked in the morning, don't be daft. Shambles of a result but that'd be fucking stupid.

Sad to see Kettlewell is done with us. Been a really solid player for County, and one of my favourites.

Does it not bother County fans that Adams seems to have no real long term plan? Signs a shed load of players every summer, some of them turn out to be hopeless and then discard them. Shop heavily in the January market, then again the following summer. No wonder you've started the last two seasons so badly.

Your two full backs were hopeless, and your centre backs didn't impress much either. Would imagine Cardle will be back to the first division by January as well.

Apparently he's still at least 6 months away from "healing". And only at that point will he know if he can even play football again. With rehab and then training, the earliest he's expected to return to near match fitness is April/May. Not a surprise that the club haven't continued to pay an out of contract player (who they've been paying until now without a contract) who won't be fit for the entire season. Disappointing for all parties involved to be honest. Ketts has always been one of my favourites.

If that's true then my seethe from last night has been somewhat extinguished. I'm still very sad at the news though.

All change again before end of August?

County didn't turn up tonight. A couple of staggies said there are rumours of disquiet behind the scenes. Is DA pissing off more than the opposition these days?

Sacked in the morning? Maybe harsh but the team was devoid of any spirit or endeavour this evening.

Whit?

We were well beaten, we've lost the opening 2 games, the same as we did last season. 5 players made their debuts on Saturday and another one last night.

Nice try though.

Facts are our team should be built around melvin de leeuw and adams gives him half an hour off the bench, not acceptable and I expect changes for killie.

I prefer to trust our manager. There are reasons for the things he does. Melvin had fitness problems last year and was used as an impact player. Perhaps it's the same this year. If DA has one fault it is he doesn't like explaining his reasons for doing things. He's not a good communicator, but my priority in a manager is to see long term results. He's taken us from the 2nd division as was, through the first, via a Challenge Cup, Scottish Cup Final to a third year in the SPL. I couldn't care if he never said another word or wound up every other fan in Scotland, his record stands.

I prefer to trust our manager. There are reasons for the things he does. Melvin had fitness problems last year and was used as an impact player. Perhaps it's the same this year.

He wasn't really. Of his 33 league appearances, only 10 appearances involved him coming on after 59 mins. IMHO, De Leeuw played his best football alongside Arquin and those two know how to play together - when was the last time County had the opportunity to start the season with a settled front line?

I think he's wrong not to be starting De Leeuw. I'd rather have De Leeuw starting and being subbed after 60-70 minutes than coming on after 60-70 minutes.

Re: Kettlewell

I'm gutted by the news. I am a massive fan of Kettlewell and I honestly believe that he should go down as a club legend - played a part in the Scottish Cup run, an integral part of the league winning side, a Club 40 member, and a valuable player in the top flight. Kettlewell was one of my favourite players I've ever seen in a County shirt.

I really hope he makes a full recovery from his injury and he gets back into playing football at some level.

kettle_1794141a.jpg

Edited by yoda

At least the P&J are starting to spell yer name properly Cunty.

Edit, photo wont post, this post is shite without pics.

Edited by stonedsailor

Can only echo what others have said about Kettlewell. Often overlooked is the fact that he was one of the few players in our squad to stay with the team and improve himself as the team climbed the divisions into the top tier, that takes a lot.

Like many others, he was also my favourite player for a long time. The sheer graft and determination he put in was amazing. Was hoping the club could have found a permanent role for him even if not playing regularly, but .........

Can only echo what others have said about Kettlewell. Often overlooked is the fact that he was one of the few players in our squad to stay with the team and improve himself as the team climbed the divisions into the top tier, that takes a lot.

Like many others, he was also my favourite player for a long time. The sheer graft and determination he put in was amazing. Was hoping the club could have found a permanent role for him even if not playing regularly, but .........

Echoed.

Rumours of him going to coach Brora youths. I would love him to come back to us some day, coach, manager, who knows. Very best wishes to him. As when Cowie, Lawson and Vigurs left, feel like part of my County love has died.

Maybe Jimmy Fenlon will become my new cult hero.

Edited by StuartTaylor

Does it not bother County fans that Adams seems to have no real long term plan? Signs a shed load of players every summer, some of them turn out to be hopeless and then discard them. Shop heavily in the January market, then again the following summer. No wonder you've started the last two seasons so badly.

Your two full backs were hopeless, and your centre backs didn't impress much either. Would imagine Cardle will be back to the first division by January as well.

Well that is just ridiculous! Cardle could do okay in this league!!

All the best for Ketts, great player for us in the lower leagues.

Although I was correct to degree, I take back much of my earlier defence of the club re: the Kettlewell scenario.

Could be right about him rising up through the leagues again. He could be the first player (along with his new team-mates Munro & Tokely) to have won The HFL, the non-league/4th tier playoff, the 4th tier, 3rd tier & 2nd tier. Provided he regains his fitness that is.