The General Ross County Chat Thread

I'm looking into ways of tidying up, but we're due a proper mod meeting at some point.

Implementing the reputation system was just the first step in trying to separate the guff from the insightful.

As always (like BB's gfys), suggestions always welcome.

I wouldn't make any travel plans for our home game v Celtic, scheduled for 3pm Sat 18th Oct, if you know what I'm saying.. :whistle

Lunchtime k/o on Saturday or Sunday I'm guessing?

Hopefully it's the Saturday. Sunday games are shite and go against the word of The Lord.

I was 0 for an age too (hopefully just because I don't post much...).

Rocketed up to +1 yesterday after/despite my rubbish discussion with RSB! The system works ;)

What naughty word got you a warning from another mod by the way?

What naughty word got you a warning from another mod by the way?

Was the Kevin Luckassen thread, when Staggie2509 was asking if jailender was right/serious sayin we sold Luckassen for £1.5m. So I said:

"After the Kettlewell debacle I don't believe a [censored] word he says!! angry.gif

( wink.gif - probably not well enough known on here for folk to be sure that was sarcastic!)"

Which was hilarious.

Obviously.

But "fuckin" wasn't in the filter, so it came up on my post, I got a warning, then "fuckin" was added to the filter, and censored on my post.

I'm too used to the swear filter/attitude to swearing on here and didn't think it would be a problem. Oops...

EDIT: no idea what is going on with my formatting here?!

Edited by dingdong1929

Was the Kevin Luckassen thread, when Staggie2509 was asking if jailender was right/serious sayin we sold Luckassen for £1.5m. So I said:

"After the Kettlewell debacle I don't believe a [censored] word he says!! angry.gif

( wink.gif - probably not well enough known on here for folk to be sure that was sarcastic!)"

Which was hilarious.

Obviously.

But "fuckin" wasn't in the filter, so it came up on my post, I got a warning, then "fuckin" was added to the filter, and censored on my post.

I'm too used to the swear filter/attitude to swearing on here and didn't think it would be a problem. Oops...

EDIT: no idea what is going on with my formatting here?!

Pfft, revoked.

I was 0 for an age too (hopefully just because I don't post much...).

Rocketed up to +1 yesterday after/despite my rubbish discussion with RSB! The system works ;)

It's … an education on OTB in recent months.

My healthy reputation got taken down a peg by a certain ineloquent poster in the closed season. My heinous lack of commitment to ethics and equal opportunities was recognised, exposed and castigated:

All because I said our core strategy should be to keep signing more Dutch players. :D

Edited by Les Westander of County

It's … an education on OTB in recent months. My healthy reputation got taken down a peg by a certain ineloquent poster in the closed season. My heinous lack of commitment to ethics and equal opportunities was recognised, exposed and castigated: All because I said our core strategy should be to keep signing more Dutch players. :D

Inspired by Spain's removal of my warning, I'll see what I can do for your rep :angel

Edited by dingdong1929

I wouldn't make any travel plans for our home game v Celtic, scheduled for 3pm Sat 18th Oct, if you know what I'm saying.. :whistle

Celtic's stunning qualification for Thursday nights on ITV 4 won't affect this one. There are no Europa League games on 16th Oct.

Another quiet day at the GES then...

Fergie and Brittain to take charge in the short term, Uncle Roy saying that there is "no imminent plan for a replacement". Any guesses as to who the permanent replacement for Derek will be? Butcher will inevitably be linked with the job, but I wouldn't want him at the club after the Hibs debacle.

I want a Bunglebonce and Kettlewell dream team to take charge.