The General Ross County Chat Thread

Apparently ex-County players Stuart Balmer and Michael Fraser slating the club on Facebook for releasing Kettlewell, claiming that he read about his release in the paper.

Unsure but I really hope Jamie McCunnie replied with 'aw u ok *** xxxox'

Bitter ex employees having a cheap dig on social media? Classy.

I'm annoyed how this has panned out with Ketts though, a great player for us and his last appearance ending with him limping off in that epic Tuesday night survival game v Hibs. Obviously playing through pain and now we've not had a chance to give him a send-off.

There's talk of a 4th minute applause for him today.

Edited by StuartTaylor

Bitter ex employees having a cheap dig on social media? Classy.

I'm annoyed how this has panned out with Ketts though, a great player for us and his last appearance ending with him limping off in that epic Tuesday night survival game v Hibs. Obviously playing through pain and now we've not had a chance to give him a send-off.

There's talk of a 4th minute applause for him today.

If they actually did just not tell him then it'd be a pretty appropriate dig though.

There seems to be an awful lot of bitter ex employees at Ross County. You have to question why this is so? The ones that aren't bitter seem to have all signed non disclosure agreements.

Sean Higgins tweeted regarding Man City rewarding their established players contracts, saying that is how it is done, unlike another club I can think off. This was favourited by many ex Ross County players.

Also Derek Adams is a very petty person. His reasoning behind signing foreign players is that they have a better work ethic. This is another thinly disguised dig at former players. The real reason I suspect for Scottish players not wanting to sign for County is that they know fully well of the treatment of ex players at Ross County. To have to read about your release in a paper, especially for someone who gave his all for the club is nothing short of a disgrace.

Rocco Quinn will probably be the next on Adams' Siberia list.

How much of this Ketts debacle has been created by County fans who have no real idea what happened? I'm always amazed by fans that rush to slag off a club on the slightest pretext. I'm sad to see Ketts go, he was a good squad player but wasn't, in my opinion, a good first team regular at this level. I hope he does well but he was out of contract and a wage that can be utilised elsewhere either to bring in someone now or in January. Realistically he had to go.

How much of this Ketts debacle has been created by County fans who have no real idea what happened? I'm always amazed by fans that rush to slag off a club on the slightest pretext. I'm sad to see Ketts go, he was a good squad player but wasn't, in my opinion, a good first team regular at this level. I hope he does well but he was out of contract and a wage that can be utilised elsewhere either to bring in someone now or in January. Realistically he had to go.

The problem isn't that Ketts was let go. We all get why it happened. It's sad because he's been a terrific player for us but as he isn't going to be fit for months and his contract is up it is understandable. But the idea that the club would not tells Kettlewell that they had decided not to keep is inherently believable. I'd certainly hope County would treat Kettlewell better than that, but it's not outwith the realms of possibility that he really did only find out in the paper. And that'd just not be on.

As Forkboy has stated it isn't that he was let go that is the issue. It is the way the club conducted itself in the release of Kettlewell that is the issue. It doesn't matter your opinion of him as a footballer. As that is largely irrelevant. Any player good or bad, should be told directly by the club that they are no longer required. If they haven't been told for whatever reason, Ross County should not release the information to the press.

As Forkboy has stated it isn't that he was let go that is the issue. It is the way the club conducted itself in the release of Kettlewell that is the issue. It doesn't matter your opinion of him as a footballer. As that is largely irrelevant. Any player good or bad, should be told directly by the club that they are no longer required. If they haven't been told for whatever reason, Ross County should not release the information to the press.

My point is that nobody seems to know how he was treated by the club.There are rumours but no more than that as far as I can see. I'd be the first to condemn the club if all of this is true. Rumours were going round before it showed up here or OTB or the papers. Somebody started that but it wasn't necessarily the club although it could have been an employee who blabbed before Ketts was told. These things happen and it's not right but we shouldn't attach blame without the facts.

My point is that nobody seems to know how he was treated by the club.There are rumours but no more than that as far as I can see. I'd be the first to condemn the club if all of this is true. Rumours were going round before it showed up here or OTB or the papers. Somebody started that but it wasn't necessarily the club although it could have been an employee who blabbed before Ketts was told. These things happen and it's not right but we shouldn't attach blame without the facts.

Totally correct.

In

Reguero

Balk

Dressen

Fenlon

Latouchant

Celcer

Kiss

Boyce

Jervis

Cardle

Frempah

Out

Glen

Cooper

Fraser

Kettlewell

Klok

Kiss

Songo'o

Slew

Cikos

McLean

Gordon

Oikonomou

11 in, 12 out unless I've missed anyone. I imagine that Del still has a bit of cash free for a couple more signings.

How many players have County brought in and let go over the past three seasons? Sort of convinced its actually an average amount that just gets played up, but it does seem like a huge chunk of your squad is changed every year

How many players have County brought in and let go over the past three seasons? Sort of convinced its actually an average amount that just gets played up, but it does seem like a huge chunk of your squad is changed every year

Since promotion to the SPL:

In

Ross Tokely

Gary Glen

Martin Scott [loan]

Mihael Kovacevic

Jon Bateson

Mark Brown

Mark Fotheringham

Ivan Sproule

Andre Hainault

Steffen Wohlfarth

Evangelos Oikonmou [x2]

Branislav Micic

Paul Gallacher

Graham Carey

Kevin Luckassen

Marc Klok

Darren Maatsen

Melvin De Leeuw

Ben Gordon

Brian McLean

Steven Saunders

Erik Cikos [loan]

Yann Songo'o [loan]

Orhan Mustafi [loan]

Filip Kiss [loan x2]

Michael Tidser [loan]

Jordan Slew [loan]

Yoann Arquin

Jordi Balk

Joe Cardle

Tim Dreesen

Ben Frempah

Uros Celcer

Antonio Reguero

Jake Jervis

Liam Boyce

Rosario Latouchent

Jim Fenlon

Out

Michael Gardyne

Gary Miller

Johnny Flynn

Scott Morrison

Kurtis Byrne

Joe Malin

Steven Craig

Mark Corcoran

Marc Fitzpatrick

Russell Duncan

Ross Tokely

Jon Bateson

Garry Wood

Colin McMenamin

Mark Fotheringham

Evangelos Oikonomou [x2]

Andre Hainault

Steffen Wohlfarth

Paul Gallacher

Paul Lawson

Iain Vigurs

Ivan Sproule

Sam Morrow

Grant Munro

Branislav Micic

Kevin Luckassen

Ben Gordon

Brian McLean

Michael Fraser

Stuart Kettlewell

Mihael Kovacevic

Gary Glen

Alex Cooper

Marc Klok

Yann Songo'o [loan expired]

Martin Scott [loan expired]

Michael Tidser [loan expired]

Erik Cikos [loan expired]

Jordan Slew [loan expired]

Orhan Mustafi [loan expired]

Filip Kiss [loan expired]

Players in italics were at Ross County before promotion to the SPL (19 in total)

Edited by yoda

Can't say I'm hugely surprised or disappointed by Klok's departure. Had long enough to breakthrough and didn't seem to quite gel. Had hopes for him like many others and he seemed to try, but...... Wish him best of luck. With the unfortunate news regarding Ketts, and now Klok does it mean we have another midfielder in the pipeline? Hope so.

Since promotion to the SPL:

In

Ross Tokely

Gary Glen

Martin Scott [loan]

Mihael Kovacevic

Jon Bateson

Mark Brown

Mark Fotheringham

Ivan Sproule

Andre Hainault

Steffen Wohlfarth

Evangelos Oikonmou [x2]

Branislav Micic

Paul Gallacher

Graham Carey

Kevin Luckassen

Marc Klok

Darren Maatsen

Melvin De Leeuw

Ben Gordon

Brian McLean

Steven Saunders

Erik Cikos [loan]

Yann Songo'o [loan]

Orhan Mustafi [loan]

Filip Kiss [loan x2]

Michael Tidser [loan]

Jordan Slew [loan]

Yoann Arquin

Jordi Balk

Joe Cardle

Tim Dreesen

Ben Frempah

Uros Celcer

Antonio Reguero

Jake Jervis

Liam Boyce

Rosario Latouchent

Jim Fenlon

Out

Michael Gardyne

Gary Miller

Johnny Flynn

Scott Morrison

Kurtis Byrne

Joe Malin

Steven Craig

Mark Corcoran

Marc Fitzpatrick

Russell Duncan

Ross Tokely

Jon Bateson

Garry Wood

Colin McMenamin

Mark Fotheringham

Evangelos Oikonomou [x2]

Andre Hainault

Steffen Wohlfarth

Paul Gallacher

Paul Lawson

Iain Vigurs

Ivan Sproule

Sam Morrow

Grant Munro

Branislav Micic

Kevin Luckassen

Ben Gordon

Brian McLean

Michael Fraser

Stuart Kettlewell

Mihael Kovacevic

Gary Glen

Alex Cooper

Marc Klok

Yann Songo'o [loan expired]

Martin Scott [loan expired]

Michael Tidser [loan expired]

Erik Cikos [loan expired]

Jordan Slew [loan expired]

Orhan Mustafi [loan expired]

Filip Kiss [loan expired]

Players in italics were at Ross County before promotion to the SPL (19 in total)

Unbelievable turnaround in players when you see it like that. The only club it seems who year in year out have to make huge changes summer after summer. Until we start offering longer deals and getting a bit of continuity in the squad we are going to keep struggling.

There's no reason for it clubs with smaller budgets than ours (St Mirren, Partick) are able to keep their squads together by offering long deals.

Regarding Kolk I'm not surprised its yet another sad example of a young player not given a chance under Adams.