The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

County wanted to sign him and thought they had only for Livi to give him a daft offer.  Entirely worth it. 

He's worth it's weight in gold for you lot now that's for sure 😉

26 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

That’s Malky Mackay appointed DoF at Hibs. Just wondering if the righteous amongst us will now be boycotting Easter Road, or does the outrage not fall as far as opposition clubs? 

I said to a friend "I'll add Hibs to my list then". It includes Raith Rovers and Clyde.

47 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

That’s Malky Mackay appointed DoF at Hibs. Just wondering if the righteous amongst us will now be boycotting Easter Road, or does the outrage not fall as far as opposition clubs? 

Well, I was unlikely to to go watch any games at Easter Road anyway in the foreseeable future so it's not like I can claim it's a boycott. 

But I do think it's deeply embarrassing for Hibs. And more than that, just baffling because it's not like his track record for signings is noteworthy. He obviously did hit big with some of the signings but there was a lot of guff in there too. But of course I'm less emotionally invested in what another club does than the one I've supported my entire life 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Well, I was unlikely to to go watch any games at Easter Road anyway in the foreseeable future so it's not like I can claim it's a boycott. 

But I do think it's deeply embarrassing for Hibs. And more than that, just baffling because it's not like his track record for signings is noteworthy. He obviously did hit big with some of the signings but there was a lot of guff in there too. But of course I'm less emotionally invested in what another club does than the one I've supported my entire life 🤷‍♂️

Right.  The two things he did of note were to sign Yan Dhanda and to professionalise the scouting network.  Other than that, his hoofball will not be missed in the slightest. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Right.  The two things he did of note were to sign Yan Dhanda and to professionalise the scouting network.  Other than that, his hoofball will not be missed in the slightest. 

Whom ironically was racially abused by a Hibs fan which Hibs dealt with as they should........then.......

2 hours ago, forkboy said:

Respect and understand everyone who feels this way. Tho for me forgive & forget as I have always thought in Mally's situation. Each to their own

With us now having to endure another nervy 90 minutes on Sunday when we have to hope Motherwell can do us a big favour my thoughts turned to when I really last paid attention to another game in the hope a team did us a favour.

I think it was season 07/08 when we won the second division title. If my memory serves me right Airdrie were playing Brechin and we needed one of those teams to lose. If they did we would be champions if we won our game. This was a time when radios were still listened to rather than phones and I vividly recall deep into the second half a shout of 'Yes' from the far end of the Jailend. Heads turned to hear what had happened and the news spread fast that the result was going our way. We won the league that day. Great times.

On 14/05/2024 at 17:28, Pete the Jakey said:

Could you sneer angrily a bit louder, please? I couldn't quite hear that.

4 hours ago, silver said:

This was a time when radios were still listened to rather than phones and I vividly recall deep into the second half a shout of 'Yes' from the far end of the Jailend. Heads turned to hear what had happened and the news spread fast that the result was going our way. We won the league that day. Great times.

Love this. Very weirdly, when I was in Dingwall last Saturday, there was an (old) guy sitting a few seats away from me with a tranny stuck to his ear. Genuinely haven't seen that since I was a young boy when there was always a good few spread through the crowd.  Bring back battery powered radios (and wee shitey beige mono earpieces).

12 hours ago, silver said:

With us now having to endure another nervy 90 minutes on Sunday when we have to hope Motherwell can do us a big favour my thoughts turned to when I really last paid attention to another game in the hope a team did us a favour.

I think it was season 07/08 when we won the second division title. If my memory serves me right Airdrie were playing Brechin and we needed one of those teams to lose. If they did we would be champions if we won our game. This was a time when radios were still listened to rather than phones and I vividly recall deep into the second half a shout of 'Yes' from the far end of the Jailend. Heads turned to hear what had happened and the news spread fast that the result was going our way. We won the league that day. Great times.

It was made all the more memorable because we had a wee bit of lambing snow come down at that moment.

I’m refraining from doing too much “trolling” until tomorrow is done.

I know someday it will be us in free fall, however I will (hopefully be able to) lap up every second of this. 

22 hours ago, Swello said:

Love this. Very weirdly, when I was in Dingwall last Saturday, there was an (old) guy sitting a few seats away from me with a tranny stuck to his ear. Genuinely haven't seen that since I was a young boy when there was always a good few spread through the crowd.  Bring back battery powered radios (and wee shitey beige mono earpieces).

An old guy with a trans person stuck to his ear. Get it right.

On 18/05/2024 at 08:01, bunglebonce said:

It was made all the more memorable because we had a wee bit of lambing snow come down at that moment.

I recall it being a cold day, but not that level of detail!

Glorious that's made my day🤣🤣 words of advice to County fans before you start mocking people for being less fortunate sort your own mess out 👍enjoy the play offs. Mon the Rovers!