The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

How so? If we carry on playing 5 at the back we need centre half’s, can you really see us signing a better 4th choice to go behind Baldwin , Leak and Nightingale?

Smith. 

I take your point though.  He’s the back up left sided centre back at best. 

Edited by Savage Henry

2 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Ricki Lamie signs on a 2 year deal, I’m sure he just cancelled his pre contract at Dundee? Seems a decent signing but I’m hoping it’s not some deal we’ve done with Murray going the other way or anything like that

Regardless, it's safe to assume that Murray is away.

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Smith. 

I take your point though.  He’s the back up left sided centre back at best. 

In my opinion smith has a lot to prove still , having Lamie and Smith as the 2 back ups behind the main 3 is absolutely fine by me though, seems to have very mixed reviews from Motherwell and Dundee fans, one definite positive is that he has plenty premiership experience with a few different clubs

1 minute ago, Rcfc fan said:

In my opinion smith has a lot to prove still , having Lamie and Smith as the 2 back ups behind the main 3 is absolutely fine by me though, seems to have very mixed reviews from Motherwell and Dundee fans, one definite positive is that he has plenty premiership experience with a few different clubs

Although I rate Leak, he looked a bit shakey at times last season and wouldn't be surprised if Lamie ends up in the starting 11 at some point next year.

16 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Where do you think he is off to?

It's sounding like McKay @ Hibs, as Dundee are refusing to stump up for his wages.

With regards to our young centre halves, I think Smith is offski, either that or he needs an attitude adjustment. Purrington did the lad & the club no favours last season by promising him a big move if Smith joined up with his agent.

IMO Connal Ewan is the better prospect, I'd expect him to play a part in this season's 1st team squad.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Not sure we’ve improved our starting XI yet.   

You could argue Nightingale if we were playing with 3 CB's but yes attacking creative midfielders and some pace is severely lacking.

Edited by staggy4life

Lamie's no a great signing, but it's a decent one. At least he knows the Scottish league unlike some of Malky and Adam's ones. I felt Leak got progressively shakier as the season went on, so maybe he needs a boot up the arse.

Murray isn't going to Hibs or Dundee unless he absolutely wants to play for them. 

Both are offering a reduction in wages due to age and I personally think it's a bit of a pisstake.

He scored a shed load of goals in a struggling team last season. Want him? pay the transfer fee and the wages or keep wanting. 

It'll end up turning sour where Murray will be told he can have the same wages if he forces a move without a transfer fee (hence not being present at training) but I'd like to think Murray has a bit more respect for the club than that 

Edited by Riz

3 minutes ago, Riz said:

Murray isn't going to Hibs or Dundee unless he absolutely wants to play for them. 

Both are offering a reduction in wages due to age and I personally think it's a bit of a pisstake.

He scored a shed load of goals in a struggling team last season. Want him? pay the transfer fee and the wages or keep wanting. 

It'll end up turning sour where Murray will be told he can have the same wages if he forces a move without a transfer fee (hence not being present at training) but I'd like to think Murray has a bit more respect for the club than that 

I think the club have already accepted he’s going.  I would think the fee has also been agreed.  

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I think the club have already accepted he’s going.  I would think the fee has also been agreed.  

Pretty much doom and gloom. 

I think they'll be well aware he has clubs after him and will have spoken to some of them. But Murray has to agree on the wage decrease first before it can go further. 

9 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

Insane that bigger clubs (a fair bit bigger in Dundee, significantly bigger with Hibs) can’t match the wages Ross County pay players.

Right.  Clearly they can. If there is a delay, it isn’t to do with wages.