The General Ross County Chat Thread

Heard Vigurs has just become a dad, surely his local partner would rather bring up their wean in the serenity of the highlands, close to her family, rather than Glasgow/Aberdeen/Perth wherever. Come on Ian get that contract signed.

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else yet, but Del's been quoted in a number of papers as saying that some players have already re-signed for next season, and they'll announce them next week. This is good news, although it'd be great to know who! I suspect Kova will be one of them, hence why he was picked for the new strip photoshoot.

Edit: I can't quote the digital copies right now, but both the Press & Journal, Daily Ranger Record and others all carrying the quote.

Local rags saying Fraser about to sign again, and Fotheringham has been told they would like him to stay.

Del "we have a number of players already signed up and will make announcements next week".

Local rags saying Fraser about to sign again, and Fotheringham has been told they would like him to stay.

Del "we have a number of players already signed up and will make announcements next week".

Those are 2 bewildering decisions. I mean Fraser is at best the #2, & that's only because we've not had a chance to see Gallacher in action, I'd imagine he's not going to be better than.him. And Fotheringham has added nothing, we were so much better once he got dropped & Lawson came back in.

I know, I know, trust in the Adams Family & all that but...Still a bit odd.

To be fair to Fotheringham, his passing was very tidy against Motherwell. Just as he looked bright when he first joined. His form definitely dipped though, which was pronounced by Lawson's absence.

I was surprisingly impressed with his performance against Motherwell too. Dunno if either merit a new contract though. I would have thought (along with everyone else) that Gallacher and Brown would be the keepers of choice.

I'm going to fully embrace the fact that Lawson is leaving while I'm on a high after today.

I'm also going to assume that Brittain will stay and Vigurs will be persuaded to do the same.

abEOkyNajZ.jpg

That's only two key positions that need priority attention over the summer. My man-love for Lawson is eternal, but no-one is indispensable and we could see Brittain return to his favoured position. I'd love to see a Brittain-Quinn-Vigurs triangle, if a suitable left-midfielder can be found (Graham Carey, please). I'm a big fan of Cooper and I'd like to see him play more on the left, but the team doesn't necessarily need two wingers on the pitch at the same time - County's strength, as everyone knows, is in flooding the midfield with ball-players.

Alternatively, if a hulking Welsh central midfielder took the role in the middle, Vigurs can do what he does on the left. Kettlewell could certainly fit the central role capably too, but I have a feeling that Adams will be looking for an upgrade in that position. Kettlewell and Fotheringham will be capable squad players in the circumstances.

I'm becoming less of a fan of Spoule's with every game. His crossing is woeful at best, but he does cut in off the flank to provide an auxiliary goal threat. Another option there (a maturing Cooper, for example) will be useful.

Edited by bunglebonce

The left winger we were looking at a couple of weeks back that I mentioned is a youngster being released by another SPL club, but there's a few other SPL sides after him. My source "was told his name but couldn't remember it". :blink: Suitable description of Carey perhaps?

Hainault and Boyd were immense together yesterday. That central pairing, as many of us predicted when Andre first signed, is well balanced and thankfully has plenty of pace. I'm hopeful that will be our pairing for next season, with Munro likely to be back-up more than anything (provided he stays).

It's always difficult to read too much into players reactions when they do a lap of honour at the end, but I think it was pretty clear that Lawson is leaving. Vigurs however, didn't appear that bothered about waving goodbye, and coupling that with a few other titbits I've heard, I'm pretty sure he's staying.

As BB says though, this summers shopping list should definitely consist of a left winger, and some strikers.

My guess is that it would have been Carey or James Dayton, but the latter is going to England.

If County get someone with Carey's crossing ability, and a striker who is aggressive in the air, I'd be confident of another top six finish.

Very early days though.

Hold on to your hats - the pre-season fixtures are out!

Copy & pasted from every County pre-season ever:

Day/Dates Opponents Kick Off

Wednesday 3rd July Brora Rangers FC (Away) 19.30

Saturday 6th July Forres Mechanics FC (Away) 15.00

Tuesday 9th July Clachnacuddin FC (Away) 19.30

Saturday 13th July Peterhead FC (Away) 15.00

Saturday 13th July Rothes FC (Away) 15.00

Tuesday 16th July Nairn County FC (Away) 19.30

Saturday 20th July Wick Academy (Away) 15.00

Tuesday 23rd July Den Bosch (Away) 19.00

Friday 26th July Pec Zwolle (Away) 19.00

Hold on to your hats - the pre-season fixtures are out!

Copy & pasted from every County pre-season ever:

Day/Dates Opponents Kick Off

Wednesday 3rd July Brora Rangers FC (Away) 19.30

Saturday 6th July Forres Mechanics FC (Away) 15.00

Tuesday 9th July Clachnacuddin FC (Away) 19.30

Saturday 13th July Peterhead FC (Away) 15.00

Saturday 13th July Rothes FC (Away) 15.00

Tuesday 16th July Nairn County FC (Away) 19.30

Saturday 20th July Wick Academy (Away) 15.00

Tuesday 23rd July Den Bosch (Away) 19.00

Friday 26th July Pec Zwolle (Away) 19.00

It's a shame they're re-doing the pitch - I've still not seen the stadium since the revamp! Might see if I can get a sneaky peek when I'm home in July.

We also still have the Liverpool friendly to look forward to beacause of the GMS and Cooper transfers.

Are waiting for Liverpool to be good again before taking them up on it? Could be waiting a while...

Think Vigurs is my favourite player in the SPL that's not at Hearts. Just class.

I dislike him but that's mainly because he is a really good player. Technically he is head and shoulders above 99% of players in the SPL. Some of his touches yeterday were incredible.

Wanker.

I dislike him but that's mainly because he is a really good player. Technically he is head and shoulders above 99% of players in the SPL. Some of his touches yeterday were incredible.

w****r.

Nothing to do with the fact your club decided he wasn't good enough? :unsure2: