The General Ross County Chat Thread

Think Vigurs is my favourite player in the SPL that's not at Hearts. Just class.

I dislike him but that's mainly because he is a really good player. Technically he is head and shoulders above 99% of players in the SPL. Some of his touches yeterday were incredible.

Wanker.

Just as well we didn't keep him, then

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Nothing to do with the fact your club decided he wasn't good enough? :unsure2:

I don't think we decided he wasn't good enough. By all accounts Butcher and Vigurs had a bit of a falling out over some off field stuff and that was that. We decided we couldn't be bothered with all the extra hassle. All rumours though.

I don't think we decided he wasn't good enough. By all accounts Butcher and Vigurs had a bit of a falling out over some off field stuff and that was that. We decided we couldn't be bothered with all the extra hassle. All rumours though.

You guys have the same "fall out" rumour as we do, whenever any player leaves. Apparently Paul Lawson was on the naughty step and left because there was a fall out, Steven Craig was released for the first division because of a fall out, the assistant manager has left because of a fall out, the macaroni pies are nice because of a fall out... I suspect it was just mistake by Butcher - bit like he made with Munro (which still baffles me to this day, although I heard there was a fall out!)

Ha! Yes with Munro by all accounts there was a big fall out. The story I had heard was that Duncan was told he wasn't getting a new deal something which Russell was upset about and apparently a few players were a bit puzzled by it as well. Munro queried this and was then told that he wasn't getting a new contract either. In fact I seem to recall Munro's other half berating Butcher on Twitter or Facebook about this decision.

Munro and Duncan getting released was meant to be the reason why Tokely took so long taking up the thrid year option on his contract with us because he was so unhappy about the way the two had been treated.

The left winger we were looking at (and had a look round VP) was indeed Graham Carey. Apparently we're very interested, but so are a few others.

Also, according to Dutch press, we've offered a deal to Dutch keeper Erwin Friebel. This will be the Dutch keeper I mentioned a few weeks back.

Had a few interesting chats today before and also at the game. I'll share a some of the tit-bits I picked up:

We've got two players on trial at the moment, a Dutch keeper and a left winger. Sounds like the deal for the winger isn't far off.

Haven't heard any more on the striker we ran out of time to get in January but I did find out that we tried to take a certain attacking midfielder/forward back on loan. One that happened to be on the pitch tonight who was desperate for a game at the time. Deal was pretty much done until his manager left by "mutual consent" and his new manager decided to keep him.

All but 7 players are expected to sign new contracts soon. They want to sign one of those 7 again but are concerned they might lose him (I'm not including Brittain in this), the other 6 will be released. I daresay you could guess quite easily the 6 being released and the 1 that's attracting attention from elsewhere.

And I've mentioned on the Brittain thread already that Geoff Brown is refusing to speak to RB, but the blame appears to be getting aimed at RB's agent for all this.

I think that's most of what I can remember. Got a few financials and a couple of other things today too, but I'll be keeping them to myself.

Edited by Spain

That was him. But he improved and is more of a midfielder anyway.

He was my man of the match when St Mirren played in Dingwall in the league cup a couple of seasons ago. Some of his cross field balls and Crosses were delicious.

Really hope he joins.

That was him. But he improved and is more of a midfielder anyway. He was my man of the match when St Mirren played in Dingwall in the league cup a couple of seasons ago. Some of his cross field balls and Crosses were delicious. Really hope he joins.

Rather odd tactics to play him at left back against one of the quicker players in the league if he wasn't a left back. Sounds good though. If he's been up having a look around, that's promising. I really need some good news. Why won't Spain give us some good news?

I really hope Ross County don't sign Graham Carey. The player has a lethal left foot and would be an asset to any team. I just don't think Danny Lennon knew how to use him effectively.

You guys have the same "fall out" rumour as we do, whenever any player leaves. Apparently Paul Lawson was on the naughty step and left because there was a fall out, Steven Craig was released for the first division because of a fall out, the assistant manager has left because of a fall out, the macaroni pies are nice because of a fall out... I suspect it was just mistake by Butcher - bit like he made with Munro (which still baffles me to this day, although I heard there was a fall out!)

Christ, the Highlands have had so many fall outs it's making the North Koreans jealous of our nuclear capabilities....

...to be honest this would have worked better if it had been set up a few weeks ago.

Rather odd tactics to play him at left back against one of the quicker players in the league if he wasn't a left back. Sounds good though. If he's been up having a look around, that's promising. I really need some good news. Why won't Spain give us some good news?

You want good news? I'll give you good news! I've just booked Holland, but that's not really what you're after though is it?

Expect good news on Wednesday I say.

Vigurs in the paper saying he hasn't been offered a contract yet, but would like one on the table :blink:

Heard Vigurs has been at our ralston training base getting shown about the place.

Vigurs in the paper saying he hasn't been offered a contract yet, but would like one on the table :blink:

Good boy, doing as he's told.

All contract talk in the media at County is very much controlled by the Adams'. They deliberately drag it all out and drip feed it to the press to keep us in the papers and keep interest up.