The General Ross County Chat Thread

As others have said, the Gardyne deal seems a bit pointless, especially considering the obvious deficiencies elsewhere in the squad. He has always played his best football in Dingwall though, so hopefully he can recapture some of his old form.

Tidser would be a useful addition though. Hopefully Songo'o can be persuaded to come back as well. It would be a real shame if someone of his ability is left to rot in the Blackburn reserves.

Is there any chance a few might be going out? Perhaps Maatsen out on loan or something? When you look at County's squad, I'm not sure there's space for him with the addition of Gardyne and the other options you have.

There should be space for Maatsen, County don't have another bona fide right winger, or anyone else with his pace. It's Cardle, Gardyne and Ross who are superfluous, in my opinion.

Perhaps Ross then, with Gardyne and Cardle both being recent additions.

County appear to be going down the old scatter gun line.

Completely rudderless, and all the more desperate considering the likelihood of a new manager coming in and deciding against the majority of the squad.

Maatsen will typically be the first out of the door.

Edited by bunglebonce

Which makes the previous criticisms of Adams' signing policy all the more bizarre. I understand that "needs must" but at least Adams got his January panic-buying, scattergun, approach right. Someone at County obviously thought "What can we do to get a good feeling around the club? I KNOW! Let's sign a fans favourite from the league winning season. Who's available?" - totally disregarding what areas actually needed strengthening. I suppose it's fortunate that they didn't end up signing Russell Duncan.*

It's totally frustrating. Particularly when there's every chance a new manager might need a clearout/new recruits come January.

*Mind you, Russell Duncan is actually a defensive minded midfielder. So it's actually unfortunate County haven't signed him.

Edited by yoda