The General Ross County Chat Thread

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/football/the-dons/three-dons-games-rearranged-next-year-1.741978

A sensible moving for once with regards to fixture changes. I hope there aren't too many County fans who have already booked train tickets and/or accommodation for the original date.

It's my cousins fucking wedding that day. Damn. One of my only 'home' games!

It's meant to be a joke..... :ph34r:

But fair enough.

It isn't very funny, and to read something that tries to be funny and fails isn't very entertaining. The article is inaccurate. Did you forget about Gary Mackay-Steven? Did you get paid for the article? If you didn't and just done it out of the goodness of your heart I will withdraw all criticism.

It isn't very funny, and to read something that tries to be funny and fails isn't very entertaining. The article is inaccurate. Did you forget about Gary Mackay-Steven? Did you get paid for the article? If you didn't and just done it out of the goodness of your heart I will withdraw all criticism.

Without knowing all the details, but was Mackay-Steven actually all that highly rated while at County? I never really heard of him until he joined Liverpool and then he developed a reputation of being made of glass more than any talent, while I've heard about Dingwall for a couple of years now.

Without knowing all the details, but was Mackay-Steven actually all that highly rated while at County? I never really heard of him until he joined Liverpool and then he developed a reputation of being made of glass more than any talent, while I've heard about Dingwall for a couple of years now.

It was just a test to see if people found it to be funny or not. In your case, it was the latter. I know people who did find it funny. Each to their own. I don't care about criticism at all if it's within reason. I'll admit that I took a gamble on this one, it's by no means my best work. Lesson learned.

My exact reason for not including Mackay-Steven. I can understand why Loki mentioned him, but he didn't play one game in a Ross County shirt. Hence why I said Cowie.

Within County he was very highly thought of, so much that due to the perilous financial situation at County were in at the time they would rather not risk him in competitive games. He was spotted when he tore Hamilton Academical a new one in the Youth Cup when all the scouts were up watching James McCarthy. Considering we sold him in the summer we were about to embark into the Second Division I am not surprised anyone outside of County had not heard of him at that time, considering he hadn't played.

If you said the brightest prospect to have made his first team debut since Don Cowie, it wouldn't have been as open to interpretation.

Edited by Loki

I thought it was fine enough, maybe the analogy went on a bit long with not enough chat about Tony, but it was a sound effort. Not as good as your previous but I'm confident you'll do ok with the D.R. gig :-)

To be honest, its the only thing I'll allow myself to read in that paper nowadays!

Speaking of January signings of players who have played for County before:-

• Jordan Slew is going back to Blackburn after his six month loan at Port Vale, having not impressed their manager much. He hasn't played in a while due to him not being in long term plans. I think I'd rather a goal-less Slew roughing up defenders and creating chances than Jervis not being aggressive enough and only getting consolation goals.
  • Yann Songo'o hasn't played at all for Blackburn, apart from a League Cup tie in August where he was meant to be rubbish.
  • Michael Tidser went on a six month loan to Oldham in the summer but he's only made three league appearances for them, all as subs.
  • Erik Cikos is pretty much a first team regular now so there's no chance of that happening. He missed three games in succession this season, I'm assuming due to injury, but otherwise plays 90 mins every week. His team are third in the league.

While those players might not immediately be on McIntyre's shortlist, I'm sure the agents for the first three will be ringing to the club to see if there's something that can be done. I'd take Slew and Songo'o back in a heartbeat. There isn't room in a midfield for Tidser and Woods together but Woods is still only signed until January.

Paul Lawson is someone I'd love back, if fit enough to play regularly. But there's little chance of Motherwell allowing him to go early in January, unless the new manager needs to free up a wage to bring someone else in.

Have to agree. Songo'o and Slew would surely strengthen us. Quinn started off well but last 2 or 3 games has not been as consistent. I thought Arquin and Jervis were both showing promise - but then found them both lacking quality on Saturday.

Annoyed we couldn't get a point from Hamilton's visit. Would Songo'o have got to that ball before Canning? Might Slew have done better than our current squad in bursting Hamilton's defence?

Probably. Just hope Jim wouldn't be too proud to take a player first identified by the previous regime.

Edited by Les Westander of County

Good news about Dingwall and Reckord. Less so about Dingwall being out for a month but it does open the door for Maatsen (or, more likely, Joe Cardle) to start on the right.

Craig Curran's Wikipedia CV looks unimpressive at best. Not the sort of transfer news to get anyone excited.

Good news about Dingwall and Reckord. Less so about Dingwall being out for a month but it does open the door for Maatsen (or, more likely, Joe Cardle) to start on the right.

Craig Curran's Wikipedia CV looks unimpressive at best. Not the sort of transfer news to get anyone excited.

Yeah but what you don't realise is that we will sign him or Slew just as they come into their prolific phase.