The General Ross County Chat Thread

I reckon that gets funnier every time it gets written. Keep up the good work.

TBF if I'd bothered to read further down I would have seen that yourself and NorthBank had already pre-empted it with worryingly reasonable comments about Harkins.

St. Mirren fans are dull when your team is picking up decent points - let's hope you all get back to your usual frothing selves on Saturday!

TBF if I'd bothered to read further down I would have seen that yourself and NorthBank had already pre-empted it with worryingly reasonable comments about Harkins.

St. Mirren fans are dull when your team is picking up decent points - let's hope you all get back to your usual frothing selves on Saturday!

I'll certainly be frothing if we beat you lot on Saturday.

fapo19.gif

Don't mean to rain on your parade guys, but we need this place to mope around and to communally embrace our impending relegation. There should be no smiling, jesting or any light-hearted behaviour of any sort in here for the time being.

Thanks for the feedback, encouraging! Although there is not a prayer of that bit in bold :(

Was he always CB for you? There's thoughts he will be RB for us (or back-up for CB and RB).

I'd not be surprised to see him up front. Or in goals. Or both at the same time.

I can't believe he knows Lyle Taylor stats at Scunthorpe.

Heads gone

It would be incredible if they were wrong and he pulled up for it

I can't believe he knows Lyle Taylor stats at Scunthorpe.

Heads gone

Yeah, a man involved in football knowing someone's stats. Head totally gone.

Adams, for all his faults, certainly comes across as a man who has a Rain Man like obsession with football. I didn't listen to tonight's programme (tbh, I rarely listen to Sportsound now as it's a completely amateurish production) but I would be more interested in sitting down and having a discussion about football with Adams then I would with Tom English (a rugby fan who offers no insight into Scottish football beyond the latest goings-on and rumours at Ibrox).

Yeah, a man involved in football knowing someone's stats. Head totally gone.

Adams, for all his faults, certainly comes across as a man who has a Rain Man like obsession with football. I didn't listen to tonight's programme (tbh, I rarely listen to Sportsound now as it's a completely amateurish production) but I would be more interested in sitting down and having a discussion about football with Adams then I would with Tom English (a rugby fan who offers no insight into Scottish football beyond the latest goings-on and rumours at Ibrox).

Yeah, if you heard the context in which he mentioned the stats, he was seething, head had totally gone.

Missed it! What got him going?!

After Jim Goodwin's rant about Michael Stewart on Monday night they asked Stewart for his response. Then they asked Adams for his thoughts on the pundits and he started ranting about something English had said and claimed it was a "character assassination". English was rather confused by this and it boiled down to a game when Lyle Taylor had scored twice against County, Adams said his defence had been awful that day and English at the time said he was "ungracious". Hardly a character assassination, although Adams kept whining about other incidents without going into detail.

It was rather amusing - both times I've heard him on Sportsound (the other being shortly after he was booted) he has not done much to dispel the image most folk have of him. I'd love to watch a game with him as he seems to see matches completely differently to everyone else on the planet.