The General Ross County Chat Thread

For a manager who doesn't like foreigners, he signs a lot of foreigners.

He doesn't like foreigners who don't have experience of the league, or who he has concerns wont adapt.

Most of the players he has signed have experience of either Scottish football or lower league English football, apart from Sernas I think.

With Sernas I'm assuming they think he has quality enough, and experience of similar enough leagues, that he is a gamble worth taking (a gamble with regard to our latest signing 'policy').

Meite has an unbelievable CV, but at Bolton and West Brom he was criticised by fans for his lack of mental fortitude.

Everything about Ross County is a gamble. McIntyre has tried out 14 different players in the back four and that's with him not picking Celcer and Burgess being injured. It's ridiculous. This is the last roll of the dice. ETA: I'm not blaming McIntyre for trying 14 people as much as the general strategy: I don't blame him for not sticking with Fenlon, Balk, Dreesen, Celcer, while Barr and Frempah have had long term injuries.

When I first heard the rumour I was so psyched, but the more I find out the more I wonder if this is going to be a worthwhile signing. I think the fact he was also in the Doncaster team that got relegated from the Champ last season, playing alongside Martin Woods and Paul Quinn, is more telling than who he played with at Marseille and for Ivory Coast.

Edited by bunglebonce

Meite has an unbelievable CV, but at Bolton and West Brom he was criticised by fans for his lack of mental fortitude.

Everything about Ross County is a gamble. McIntyre has tried out 14 different players in the back four and that's with him not picking Celcer and Burgess being injured. It's ridiculous. This is the last roll of the dice. ETA: I'm not blaming McIntyre for trying 14 people as much as the general strategy: I don't blame him for not sticking with Fenlon, Balk, Dreesen, Celcer, while Barr and Frempah have had long term injuries.

When I first heard the rumour I was so psyched, but the more I find out the more I wonder if this is going to be a worthwhile signing. I think the fact he was also in the Doncaster team that got relegated from the Champ last season, playing alongside Martin Woods and Paul Quinn, is more telling than who he played with at Marseille and for Ivory Coast.

When I first heard the rumour I was immediately cynical as to how much of the Premiership player was left, as I imagine most were. I remember him falling out of favour at Bolton after Megson blamed him at half-time of a game at Old Trafforf for goals conceded. That was March-ish and I dont think he played for them again that season. Pretty sure he blamed it on an injury, but medical staff said that was bollocks. (Checked Wiki - verified!)

Wiki also saying he was heralded for his organisational skills, with Hodgson during his spell at WBA praising his positioning and composure. Which sounds a world away from what is being exhibited by the majority of our team, so would be welcomed.

Have it in my head Meite is going to be a bigger, potentially moodier version of Grant Munro? Not sure if he's a better user of the ball, though I'm making a lazy assumption he is given his career...

Meite at CB and Palazuelos in CDM could see a much improved structure and composure to our shape during games.

FC Honka sounds like honking so it does.

Truths.

I was kind of excited then I found out he was 34 and presumably isn't blessed with much, if any, pace. Meite strikes me as a sort of semi-decent hybrid between Paul Quinn and Grant Munro (circa: late 2013).

He's going to be rubbish, isn't he?

Wiki also saying he was heralded for his organisational skills, with Hodgson during his spell at WBA praising his positioning and composure. Which sounds a world away from what is being exhibited by the majority of our team, so would be welcomed.

It also sounds a world away from what West Brom supporters thought of him. I bet that part was written by his agent.

I was kind of excited then I found out he was 34 and presumably isn't blessed with much, if any, pace. Meite strikes me as a sort of semi-decent hybrid between Paul Quinn and Grant Munro (circa: late 2013).

He's going to be rubbish, isn't he?

No, of course not. He's played with Franck Ribery, Samir Nasri, Didier Drogba, Yaya Toure, Ivan Campo, Habib Beye and Martin Woods.

It's not like Eric Djemba-Djemba ever played with Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Paul Scholes, Rio Ferdinand and David Bellion.

It also sounds a world away from what West Brom supporters thought of him. I bet that part was written by his agent.

No, of course not. He's played with Franck Ribery, Samir Nasri, Didier Drogba, Yaya Toure, Ivan Campo, Habib Beye and Martin Woods.

It's not like Eric Djemba-Djemba ever played with Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Paul Scholes, Rio Ferdinand and David Bellion.

Shit.

I think he was more fondly thought of at Doncaster last season and he wasn't offered a contract at relegation for money reasons. I'm just joining dots from Google searches.

ETA: He's a good climber.

http://youtu.be/D8upWiYn_w4?t=2m54s

ETA more: that game was to win the final match of the Intertoto Cup in 2005 to qualify Marseille for the Uefa Cup. Meite and his pals got to the Uefa Cup final the year before. That Deportivo team they spanked 5-1 had Jorge Andrade, Juan Capdevilla, Pedro Munitis and Diego Tristan.

Some career. I'm getting psyched again.

Edited by bunglebonce

And just like Sernas and De Vita he "needs a bit of work to get up to full fitness". Disappointing in a way, yes we need players but we need players of that calibre who are fit and ready to go now with crucial games coming up.

And just like Sernas and De Vita he "needs a bit of work to get up to full fitness". Disappointing in a way, yes we need players but we need players of that calibre who are fit and ready to go now with crucial games coming up.

Every working day, every training session should be a precious commodity now.

McIntyre said a fortnight ago he had the squad at the level of fitness he wanted them at (I think Boyce is still getting there but he's close). And that was after two months of getting the first wave of captures up to speed.

Now there are another three four to integrate. We might have a settled team by the split if we're really lucky.

Edited by bunglebonce

McIntyre looks more and more out of his depth as the weeks go on. I'm surprised there's not been mass out crying for his departure yet. Why is he getting such an easy time of it at County? Or am I just missing the calls for his head?

McIntyre looks more and more out of his depth as the weeks go on. I'm surprised there's not been mass out crying for his departure yet. Why is he getting such an easy time of it at County? Or am I just missing the calls for his head?

It's building. Home to Motherwell tomorrow is make-or-break for County's season.

I said elsewhere in November that the middle of February would be the time to judge him.

I've wanted him out since the St. Mirren debacle. Now, however, I'm willing to let him have another 5 games to see if he can somehow make this group of hapless individuals (I think he's signed 10 of them) look like a semi-competent team.

If, after matchday 29/30, County are still >6 points adrift then get shot of him and Dodds, promote Ferguson and Kettlewell until the end of the season (accepting our fate) and take time to make the right appointment for the Championship.