The General Ross County Chat Thread

Cameron Burgess and Jackson Irvine have been selected in a 23 man Olyroos squad for the Asian U23 Championship qualifying games which eventually result in qualification for the 2016 Olympics. Australia's games are v Hong Kong (27 Mar), Taiwan (29 Mar) and Myanmar (31 Mar). All games in Kaohsiung, Taiwan.

Thanks Eednud, that had passed me by.

Also hearing Marcus Fraser has been called up to the Scotland u-21s squad.

Marcus Fraser has signed a new 2 year extension.

BOOM.

Looks like a sign of some good times ahead..

It looks like Roy's making good on his promise that up or down, the preparation for next year will be the same, forward planning, who'd have thought it?

Not wanting to open old wounds, but I cant see a contract like that being awarded at this time under George's reign.

Delighted to see Fraser tied down, was worried his form would see other clubs sniffing, tremendous news to get him signed up for 2 years already.

Bit of a feel-good factor been building for the last few weeks!

Fraser, Reckord, Dingwall, Boyce potentially with this option system, who else?

Just those, to our knowledge.

It looks like Roy's making good on his promise that up or down, the preparation for next year will be the same, forward planning, who'd have thought it?

If you add the four above with those who are most likely to stay around if we were relegated - on account of being the longest serving and/or settled in the area (plus Frempah) - then it already makes a very competitive second tier side.

Dingwall Boyce Gardyne

Quinn Ross

Brittain

Reckord Frempah Boyd Fraser

Brown

Edited by bunglebonce

Just those, to our knowledge.

If you add the four above with those who are most likely to stay around if we were relegated - on account of being the longest serving and/or settled in the area (plus Frempah) - then it already makes a very competitive second tier side.

Dingwall Boyce Gardyne

Quinn Ross

Brittain

Reckord Frempah Boyd Fraser

That's a good team. I'd imagine Curran won't be too hard to negotiate with either.

Brown

Some lunchtime stats from league matches:

Goals table

Boyce x 3

Jervis x 3

P.Quinn x 3

Carey x 2

Curran x 2

Gardyne x 2

De Vita x 2

Dingwall x 2

Maatsen x 2

Arquin x 2

Irvine x 1

Fraser x 1

Woods x 1

Direct Assists table:

Carey x 4

Gardyne x 4

Woods x 3

Irvine x 2

Kiss x 2

Boyce x 2

Reckord x 2

De Vita x 2

Cardle x 1

Arquin x 1

R.Quinn x 1

Boyd x 1

Jervis x 1

Here's an update a month on:

Goals table

Curran x 5

Gardyne x 4

Boyce x 3

Jervis x 3

P.Quinn x 3

Carey x 2

De Vita x 2

Dingwall x 2

Maatsen x 2

Arquin x 2

Irvine x 1

Fraser x 1

Woods x 1

Reckord x 1

Direct Assists table:

Gardyne x 6

De Vita x 4

Boyce x 4

Carey x 4

Woods x 3

Irvine x 2

Kiss x 2

Reckord x2

Cardle x 1

Arquin x 1

R.Quinn x 1

Boyd x 1

Jervis x 1

Carey and Irvine still have five yellows; Brittain and Reckord are still on four.

Gardyne will be a big miss for the Dundee United game :/

Here's an update a month on:

Carey and Irvine still have five yellows; Brittain and Reckord are still on four.

Gardyne will be a big miss for the Dundee United game :/

Kiss has a few yellows I think.

Thanks for the goal stats update.

It will be interesting to see how we do without Midge. Will Carey come in? Cardle? Or just Kiss, with Irvine moving out wider?

With not particularly long until the end of the season, what are people's thoughts on our player of the season? I'm not in a position to say much, having only made it to the one (season-defining?) game, but from afar I'm thinking it could be a tricky thing to work out when so much of the season was so awful, and we've been through so many players. I'm trying to think who has done well during our (over all very short) good spell, and how many of them have been a part of the team consistently enough to merit any kind of award with "...of the season" in the title. For example, De Vita comes to mind as having contributed massively, but he'll have only been around for less than half the season. Gardyne comes to mind also - the season has so messed with my head I can't even remember if he's been there from the start, and if so what he contributed first half?

In short then - what do YOU hairy wee minks think about it all?

I would be seriously tempted to give it to Marcus Fraser, but I'm going to go for our other fullback and say Reckord. He hasn't necessarily been better than anyone else, but he has certainly been more consistent.

Honourable mentions for Boyce and Irvine as well.

I would be seriously tempted to give it to Marcus Fraser, but I'm going to go for our other fullback and say Reckord. He hasn't necessarily been better than anyone else, but he has certainly been more consistent.

Honourable mentions for Boyce and Irvine as well.

That's a fair shout.

He's missed very few games since coming into the team and has been one of our most consistent players.

Boyce has also been consistent and put in a power of work.

Irvine has been one of my favourites though. Maybe not our most technical, but energy, fitness and attitude have been spot on.

Not many in the squad I would be happy to see go now.

Considering we've chopped and changed so much, and lost a few others to injury, it's difficult to pick one player as a player of the entire season.

That said, I'd pick someone who was here practically all season (since 1st September) and was a complete game-changer both before and after a spell injured on the sidelines. Ladies and gentlemen... Michael Gardyne.

Considering we've chopped and changed so much, and lost a few others to injury, it's difficult to pick one player as a player of the entire season.

That said, I'd pick someone who was here practically all season (since 1st September) and was a complete game-changer both before and after a spell injured on the sidelines. Ladies and gentlemen... Michael Gardyne.

Gardyne has been the difference in the last few games, no doubt. He's been a class above anyone else on the pitch IMHO (including the opposition).

I mentioned the others as they (seem to me to ) have played more games over the season.

Same reason why I didn't highlight De Vita, superb as he has been.