The General Ross County Chat Thread

Does anybody know much about McShane?

He'll get about, can hit a good pass but isn't particularly good at tackling. If you put him on set pieces he'll hit the first man a frustrating amount.

I'm sad to see him go, and I hope he does well for you, but I'm not certain he will. He very much split opinion amongst the Queens support.

The lad hens tackles, sometimes passes well other times terrible, not a goalscoring threat, was taking all corners (not very well) but McIntyre likes him as he was almost released before he came in at Queens, half the Queens fans thot he was a player the others won't be sad to see him go so good luck to him and Ross County.

Is that you Ross-Shire Buff?

Cousin Dumfries-shire Buff clearlevidently wha neverNotMehahaagoodladdie knew his uncle good man been many a year now. all well ah well good timesa realCountyf Man - no mistake!

(Of coursse we were Ve'y, Ve'y, drunk)

Edited by Les Westander of County

Great opportunity for the lad. He'll really need to knuckle down if he's to make the most of it though. He's far from the finished article, with big question marks over several aspects of his game. Namely his positional sense, his decision making, and his defensive duties.

You'll very rarely get a middle ground from him. He'll either dictate the game or be completely anonymous.

He'll get about, can hit a good pass but isn't particularly good at tackling. If you put him on set pieces he'll hit the first man a frustrating amount.

I'm sad to see him go, and I hope he does well for you, but I'm not certain he will. He very much split opinion amongst the Queens support.

He sounds an awful lot like Martin Woods, but younger.

ETA I see Martin Woods' latest Instagram suggests he might be offski.

Talking of whom, what was the Instagram? I couldnt see it despite some deep googling.

Boyce | Graham

De Vita | McShane | R.Quinn | Dingwall

Reckord | Centre-back | Centre-back | Fraser

GK

How the team is shaping up.

I feel confident that Scott Boyd and Paul Quinn will sign on again, even if it is one year deals. Surely Boyd would want two.

---

Gosh, hasn't a lot changed in a year:

Jervis

Cardle | de Leeuw | Arquin

Brittain | R.Quinn

Left-back | Boyd | Saunders | Right-back

Brown

Ben Gordon was on the cusp of signing then realised he CBA hanging around. Fenlon, Celcer, Frempah, Balk and Dreesen were just a twinkle in an agent's eye.

I feel confident that Scott Boyd and Paul Quinn will sign on again, even if it is one year deals. Surely Boyd would want two.

---

Not confident of Gardyne signing up? :unsure2:

I've tried not to get too confident on this, but I let myself believe lately.

I've been suffering through the "highlights" from some of our early games in the season. It's a bit bizzare seeing Melvin, Balk, Dreesen and Co. Even Arquin now seems like a lifetime ago.

Chubby Boycie's red card against Dundee Utd was quite a surprise to see. I must have managed to supress any memory of that match.

Not confident of Gardyne signing up? :unsure2:

I've tried not to get too confident on this, but I let myself believe lately.

I was only considering the vacant spaces in the team in that post.

I don't know the guy. I can only speculate that [it's not really my place to speculate].

Edited by bunglebonce

I was only considering the vacant spaces in the team in that post.

Ah good. Had a hunch after I posted that, but was letting my paranoia take hold, thanks for confirming!

The rest of your post is pretty much how I see the situation too, will be good to get it confirmed either way soon.

I've been suffering through the "highlights" from some of our early games in the season. It's a bit bizzare seeing Melvin, Balk, Dreesen and Co. Even Arquin now seems like a lifetime ago.

Chubby Boycie's red card against Dundee Utd was quite a surprise to see. I must have managed to supress any memory of that match.

It really was tough viewing for us for the first six months. It's such a change around, and it's the way these players who had seemed like strangers every time they stepped onto the park to now become a group who work their socks off to track back and break forward to support each other.

The players must/should feel some pride with what has been achieved and i'd hope that they'd like to continue together and start the new season the way they've played since the start of February. C'mon guys, get those contracts signed then enjoy a couple weeks on holiday with the family. (please!)

Boyce | Graham

De Vita | McShane | R.Quinn | Dingwall

Reckord | Centre-back | Centre-back | Fraser

GK

How the team is shaping up.

---

Gosh, hasn't a lot changed in a year:

Jervis

Cardle | de Leeuw | Arquin

Brittain | R.Quinn

Left-back | Boyd | Saunders | Right-back

Brown

Ben Gordon was on the cusp of signing then realised he CBA hanging around. Fenlon, Celcer, Frempah, Balk and Dreesen were just a twinkle in an agent's eye.

I wouldn't automatically assume Graham to start in front of Curran. Curran has merited his continuity and should still be a strong competitor for a starting place.

When I look at old Youtube of County we also look less fit / no zip; and no hunger and belief.

Feels like we've had a short season - of Good County.