The General Ross County Chat Thread

We've been so lucky with Midges form and fitness for the last two seasons. We depend on him so much and perhaps take him for granted. When he's out like just now we are really lacking out wide, Burke looked good for a couple games but that's just been it a couple games, no use really. For me Franks and Dingwall just don't cut it and are surplus to the squad so the signing of O'Brien and Lalkovic are huge for us and shows that Jim and Billy are intent on sticking with our high tempo attacking style, personally I love it even though we can end up getting gubbed like in the celtic match where we just went all out for it.

I'm delighted Jim O'Brien has signed and had such a good debut. I'm just a bit gutted I'm going to have to wait until motherwell on 31st before I get to see a game.

We've been so lucky with Midges form and fitness for the last two seasons. We depend on him so much and perhaps take him for granted. When he's out like just now we are really lacking out wide, Burke looked good for a couple games but that's just been it a couple games, no use really. For me Franks and Dingwall just don't cut it and are surplus to the squad so the signing of O'Brien and Lalkovic are huge for us and shows that Jim and Billy are intent on sticking with our high tempo attacking style, personally I love it even though we can end up getting gubbed like in the celtic match where we just went all out for it.
I'm delighted Jim O'Brien has signed and had such a good debut. I'm just a bit gutted I'm going to have to wait until motherwell on 31st before I get to see a game.

I agree with almost all of this but with reference to "gubbed by celtic" I'd probably prefer to lose 4-0 having a proper go at it rather than sitting in all boring and losing 1-0. 3pts lost is 3pts lost unless goal difference is hugely crucial at that point in time

Michael Gardyne is 31 today.  He is the club's top scorer, post-SFL, with 61 goals.

Liam Boyce is already on 45 goals, averaging 0.45 goals per game in his time with the club.  On that basis he would need another 12 months at the club to be the top scorer, but will he be around that long?  My hunch is that he will be gone in the summer on 50-55 goals, so Midge might hold the record for a while yet.

Edited by bunglebonce

27 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Michael Gardyne is 31 today.  He is the club's top scorer, post-SFL, with 61 goals.

Liam Boyce is already on 45 goals, averaging 0.45 goals per game in his time with the club.  On that basis he would need another 12 months at the club to be the top scorer, but will he be around that long?  My hunch is that he will be gone in the summer on 50-55 goals, so Midge might hold the record for a while yet.

Are you allowing for Midge to go on a goal scoring spree?

3 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Where did you see this?

Delighted if true.

As RiG says on twitter and more surprisingly our club website also has it up....http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/andrew-davies-has-signed-a-two-year-contract-extension/

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

3 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Where did you see this?

Delighted if true.

Club just stuck it up on Facebook. So that's a pleasant surprise. Now to throw that lovely lucre at Boyce to make sure he stays for eternity. Or at least until he sounds like a teuchter.

Looks like we're already planning for next season. Quinn's out of contract at the end of the season, whereas McEveley has another year to run. I'd expect Quinn to be let go in that case, unless we can get some interest in McEveley. Can't see us wanting to keep all 3. Hopefully we're aiming towards a Naismith, Fraser, Davies + a LB back four. I'd hope that LB would be McLaughlin at some point, I've nothing against Kenny VdW but I think McLaughlin has bags of potential and could be our best LB.

I think McEveley has turned out to be quite good next to Davies at centre-back, he's really settled down after an error-strewn start to his time at County.  I think that partnership is  the strongest the club has had since Quinn+Boyd two years ago and it's arguably a lot better.  I think the team missed Jay's composure from the back when he went off - Murray tried to chase him but couldn't put McEveley off his stride. I also really like how aggressive McEveley is in nipping in front of forwards to clear or intercept, which sets a positive tone for the team and it tends to trigger some exciting counter attacks from Routis & Co - it can also result in a cheap FK which has happened, but the reward is worth the risk and it suits what McIntyre tries to do with the team.

I don't know where Quinn fits into all this, but I guess he might be stepping into a coaching role at the club rather then be released.

Edited by bunglebonce

Looks like we're already planning for next season. Quinn's out of contract at the end of the season, whereas McEveley has another year to run. I'd expect Quinn to be let go in that case, unless we can get some interest in McEveley. Can't see us wanting to keep all 3. Hopefully we're aiming towards a Naismith, Fraser, Davies + a LB back four. I'd hope that LB would be McLaughlin at some point, I've nothing against Kenny VdW but I think McLaughlin has bags of potential and could be our best LB.

Not sure if McLaughlin is fast enough for league. Would love to be proved wrong but the games I saw of him, that would be my guess why he's not really anywhere near the first team just now