The General Ross County Chat Thread

Just now, Spain said:

Worth reminding everyone Graham was allowed to go to Hibs on the basis that Morrison was going to be used more. Only a poorly timed injury prevented it from happening. Expect to see a lot more of him this year.

Speaking of Graham, do we know how much of a payment Hibs getting promoted has resulted in?

Well firstly, Lindsay sounds like a promising prospect, one of Mortons best players last year and leaves everything on the pitch. Moving up a league level will definitely spur him on! Morton fans seem to all give very positive comments about him so looking forward to seeing him play. Hope this doesn't hinder Dykes chances to play however as I think he looked comfortable last season and against elgin, out on loan perhaps?

Mikkelsen is an unexpected signing, however it's everything us fans have asked for. A strong hold up player. We were never going to replace Boyce but I'm glad we've got a new striker in, 7 goals in 17 with a piss poor Utd side isn't a bad return. still hope to see Morrison given a good chance too!

Both signings grabbing goals on their debuts is positive and look forward to seeing them play next game.

Anyone know the 5th scorer?????

I assume mikkelsen puts to bed the rumour of Connor sammon signing and / or billy mackay (not that I thought he'd come anyway) ?

Going forward, I think we definitely need another fast young pace winger who has a decent cross as Utd fans say mikkelsen will thrive off that. I do think we need another brute in the middle, Draper would be great (feels awful saying that) not sure how that will end up but like I said, would love to see dykes and Lyndsey get a chance.

Thank you for the updates. How were Dykes and Morrison, did we stick to a 352?

Not sure mate haha just saw it on twitter and saw that nobody else had updated so thought to share incase anyone missed but by all cases it seems like it was fairly comfortable win against a half decent team. Game Thursday now against French side Valenciennes...

The opponents were very poor, they were apparently a local amateur team, rather than one of the professional Murcia teams. Jim and the coaches weren't very happy about it, they were expecting to play a far better team.

It looked like 352 for the most part. I think it was Ross MacIver with the 5th.

Quality scenes at the end with the opposition manager squaring up to the officials in the car park.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The opponents were very poor, they were apparently a local amateur team, rather than one of the professional Murcia teams.

They might as well have played one of the Scottish teams out there in a bounce game to get a feel for the opposition.

I saw talk on Twitter of at least one red card, was that for the opponent?

Edited by bunglebonce

Yes, one of their players was sent off for 2 bookings when the score was 5-1. They were a very physical team, Gardyne in particular was being booted about quite a bit. Routis seemed to lose his head in the handbags after the red card and was maybe lucky not to receive the traditional Ross County pre-season red card.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It looked like 352 for the most part. I think it was Ross MacIver with the 5th.

I didn't realise MacIver was out with the first team squad, but maybe they needed him once Curran was ruled out.  MacIver isn't 19 until next year so has time on his side, he looked pretty good when I saw him for the u20s last season and spent the second half on loan at Wick.

ETA: We might see 3-5-2 as the stock formation.  It just suits so many of the players, especially the defenders, albeit it means Gardyne and/or Dow will probably have to be used at wing-back.

Edited by bunglebonce

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The opponents were very poor, they were apparently a local amateur team, rather than one of the professional Murcia teams. Jim and the coaches weren't very happy about it, they were expecting to play a far better team.

Sounds like a bit of a breakdown in communication.  A tweet from @LaMangaClub translates to:

"Party-friendly first this summer season. @RCFCStaggies vs. a set of players on different teams of Murcia #LaMangaClub"

I'm not entirely clear who the club thought they'd be playing though.  It was advertised on the club website as "Ross County v Murcia", but whether that was supposed to be a regional select XI, a team from UCAM Murcia CF or the formerly quite good Real Murcia, I'm not sure.

Looks like the next game is definitely against a real team though given they're charging actual money to get in.  Also, *OLD BADGE KLAXON* but someone with the same shade of blue as the new badge.  How does that hybrid even exist?!

DD9cYTJWAAA5Vt_.jpg:large

Edited by Forfinn

3 hours ago, Forfinn said:

Sounds like a bit of a breakdown in communication.  A tweet from @LaMangaClub translates to:

"Party-friendly first this summer season. @RCFCStaggies vs. a set of players on different teams of Murcia #LaMangaClub"

I'm not entirely clear who the club thought they'd be playing though.  It was advertised on the club website as "Ross County v Murcia", but whether that was supposed to be a regional select XI, a team from UCAM Murcia CF or the formerly quite good Real Murcia, I'm not sure.

Looks like the next game is definitely against a real team though given they're charging actual money to get in.  Also, *OLD BADGE KLAXON* but someone with the same shade of blue as the new badge.  How does that hybrid even exist?!

DD9cYTJWAAA5Vt_.jpg:large

That's absolutely shambolic, and reflects appallingly on McIntyre and Dodds.

That should be it as far as our pursuit of Draper goes. No way we should be spending close to 100k on him. The squad is crying out for some creativity, I would far rather money was spent on some wingers/attacking midfielders. 

How much did we spend on Mikklesen btw? Can't find the figure. 

10 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

We'll know for sure in the morning, but I think this says "latest bid of £90,000" at the end of the second para.

Really annoys me that the P & J upload such poor quality images of their front / back pages. I guess it's so if you really want to read the story you go and buy the paper but still.

As for Draper it's pretty evident he and anyone else is for sale provided the transfer fee is met and / or the bidding club takes on that players wages as we try and cut our cloth following relegation. It would be a huge pain to see him cross the bridge but County can offer him a lot more than we can at the minute.

20 minutes ago, RiG said:

Really annoys me that the P & J upload such poor quality images of their front / back pages. I guess it's so if you really want to read the story you go and buy the paper but still.

News doesn't come free, I think it's a good thing.