The General Ross County Chat Thread

43 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

So you wouldn't accept Malky doing it but you would accept your incumbent doing it.

Bit hypocritical.

That’s sort of the point I was making Johnny. If someone is a stand out in terms of performance in football generally their past mistakes are often overlooked.  

Years back we had two players snorting coke on a Xmas night out sacked immediately.  They were two well paid senior pros who had been injured most of the season and hardly played. We had a 19 year old having a brilliant season, around second top scorer in the premier league at the time, and believed to be worth a lot of money, so the question was raised would we have treated him the same way if he had been the one caught doing it.

13 minutes ago, Ric said:

After legislation there are only a handful of hunts now, none of them with dogs. Personally there should be none, but then I am no expert in land conservation, however the ones that do take place, afaik none are in the Highlands. It's the other end of the country you need to look for that sort of behaviour.

Don't kid yourself.

They're carried out illegally all over the Highlands. i can assure you that.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Don't kid yourself.

Thank you.

I really don't like what has happened today, but I am not sure MacGregor can be blamed for Fox Hunting. 

Actually f**k it, let's add it to the list. 

As an Aberdeen fan I would not want Malky Mackay in these circumstances.

HOWEVER, if Aberdeen released a statement addressing the issue head on. Saying we are aware of this past conduct, we think it was appalling, we have interviewed Malky, are convinced he’s a changed man etc and then Mackay also had a press conference where he personally tackled the issue head on. Said he was immensely sorry, had changed his ways and would always regret what he had said etc then I would be open to the appointment.

I believe people can and should be encouraged to change their ways. If not then what’s the point of taking the knee or anything, what are we trying to change? We are trying to get people who thought this way and could get off with these jokes. The SFA and County and Mackay have made a mess in sending out a message that you can change people and they can embrace different values after reflecting on their past.

I wouldn’t accept this cowardly approach to the appointment and pretending it never happened though, shameless

27 minutes ago, stagdhu said:

The SLO can only do what he can with regards to this, and by no means has the deciding say on this appointment.

Nobody has said they do. Your SLO - at the very least - is your bridge. They then take what you have to say and approach your owner/board/whatever. Be that a pile of printed off emails, screen grabs or (I would argue even better) direct contact information for the numerous supporters threatening to ditch the club. 

If all that is ignored then it really is down to the fans saying they'll ditch the club doing exactly that. In truth for you lot it'll probably not mean much as he'll most likely just dip deeper into his pockets but let the world see that this "community club" lost its community when it hired a racist, homophobic, sexist arsehole. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Nobody has said they do. Your SLO - at the very least - is your bridge. They then take what you have to say and approach your owner/board/whatever. Be that a pile of printed off emails, screen grabs or (I would argue even better) direct contact information for the numerous supporters threatening to ditch the club. 

If all that is ignored then it really is down to the fans saying they'll ditch the club doing exactly that. In truth for you lot it'll probably not mean much as he'll most likely just dip deeper into his pockets but let the world see that this "community club" lost its community when it hired a racist, homophobic, sexist arsehole. 

Yep, he's the Supporter Liason Officer.  it's literally in the title. He liaises with the supporters and speaks to the board about suggestions/concerns.

16 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Poaching happens,  not fox hunting on horses. You can't "hide a hunt" it's not something you can do under the cover of dark, or something you can organise on a whim.

Just now, Comrie said:

Kenny apparently brought it up with someone at the club yesterday but obviously it came to nothing.

Is he the chap that plays in a band?  I've met him before and seems a nice fellow.

10 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

As an Aberdeen fan I would not want Malky Mackay in these circumstances.

HOWEVER, if Aberdeen released a statement addressing the issue head on. Saying we are aware of this past conduct, we think it was appalling, we have interviewed Malky, are convinced he’s a changed man etc and then Mackay also had a press conference where he personally tackled the issue head on. Said he was immensely sorry, had changed his ways and would always regret what he had said etc then I would be open to the appointment.

I believe people can and should be encouraged to change their ways. If not then what’s the point of taking the knee or anything, what are we trying to change? We are trying to get people who thought this way and could get off with these jokes. The SFA and County and Mackay have made a mess in sending out a message that you can change people and they can embrace different values after reflecting on their past.

I wouldn’t accept this cowardly approach to the appointment and pretending it never happened though, shameless

This would've been the only possible way in which I may have accepted his appointment, I still wouldn't have been happy about it don't get me wrong but I would still go watch the team. With the way it has been handled though they've lost me.

Edited by staggy1929

Just now, TheScarf said:

Is he the chap that plays in a band?  I've met him before and seems a nice fellow.

Yeah, that's him. Never had an issue with him either.

In a time where we should all be looking to come together and get back to the stadium to support the team we all care for this appointment makes little sense and creates real divisions between the majority of fans and the club. Hoping for a public explanation from the club and an interview where malky has the chance to address his past at the very least , I doubt we shall get either though.

frustrating.