The General Ross County Chat Thread

47 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

This genuinely confused me:

This is something that happened eight years ago and he has been rehabilitated. People go to prison to get rehabilitated. Maybe I live a sheltered life, but you have to move on.

Did Malky go to prison? :unsure:

58 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

“His language was not great on a text message, but, if someone examined our texts, all of us would say our language was not good at times.

Jay Z GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The last few days have seen some absolutely piss weak communication from Ross County. Did he not pay any attention to the reaction when MacKay rocked up in his role with the SFA? Laughable stuff. 

Draper sticking the boot in now as well. Apparently Brittain is away too?

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/3183109/ross-county-ross-draper-exit/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Edited by RiG

County have done lots of stuff over the last few years to try and attract young fans to the club and away from the ease of supporting the OF from their streams/TV. As the Highlands becomes more diverse in population Caley have perfect material for any young non-white/straight potential fan as to why they should follow Caley and not County.

That’s scandalous. Actually to the point that I’m not sure Mackay or Uncle Roy will survive this. 

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Saw this graphic and just had to laugh. What the hell is that? Everyone else has some semblance of a formation, but that’s just wild. 

A47966DD-84E8-4522-BCC9-32BA9FB087AC.jpeg

Jermaine Hylton barely played. I doubt the veracity of that chart, while finding it eminently believable. 

22 minutes ago, RiG said:

The last few days have seen some absolutely piss weak communication from Ross County. Did he not pay any attention to the reaction when MacKay rocked up in his role with the SFA? Laughable stuff. 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/3183109/ross-county-ross-draper-exit/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

In fairness, any new manager would change the coaching staff. 

Cheeky jumped-up pipsqueak. What is it about St.Mirren that he believes we should finish lower than a team from a village the same size of Elderslie. 

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Actually to the point that I’m not sure Mackay or Uncle Roy will survive this. 

Behave. They'll both be here by the time the season starts.

The wider point on the club being dreadful at communication is true. I think it's fair to speculate that the club have never effectively replaced the gap left by Ranald, or even Adams Snr.

The "genuine fans" comment from Mackay is a really weird move too. 

16 minutes ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

Cheeky jumped-up pipsqueak. What is it about St.Mirren that he believes we should finish lower than a team from a village the same size of Elderslie. 

More wilful misunderstanding of the nature of Ross County's support. The team are BASED in Dingwall. The team REPRESENT pretty much all of the Northern Highlands which is a really significant geographical area and a not insignificant population base. 

ETA - we still have absolutely no right to finish any higher than anyone else so your point is correct. 

Edited by CountyFan

6 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

More wilful misunderstanding of the nature of Ross County's support. The team are BASED in Dingwall. The team REPRESENT pretty much all of the Northern Highlands which is a really significant geographical area and a not insignificant population base. 

ETA - we still have absolutely no right to finish any higher than anyone else so your point is correct. 

No they don't

Dear Roy,

I'm sure that many of the ("not genuine") County fans would return to the fold once you publish all or even some of the racist, sexist and homophobic texts that you imply that you have sent in the past.

“His language was not great on a text message, but, if someone examined our texts, all of us would say our language was not good at times."

Dear SLO Kenny,

Please direct your board to this thread. There's so much that they have to learn. That they now treat the playing staff like a Subbuteo team is well into last straw territory.

44 minutes ago, yoda said:

Behave. They'll both be here by the time the season starts.

The wider point on the club being dreadful at communication is true. I think it's fair to speculate that the club have never effectively replaced the gap left by Ranald, or even Adams Snr.

The "genuine fans" comment from Mackay is a really weird move too. 

I really think McGregor needs a dictionary, as he clearly does not understand what exonerated means.  Malky Mackay was not exonerated, the FA concluded that they could not charge him with anything as the communications were private and their rules did not cover private communications.

He even basically says he didn’t do due diligence as he was employed by the SFA before so he’s a good candidate.  Rather than hide behind all the wafts of shite that come from his mouth he should just simply say it’s my decision and I’m not changing my mind - deal with it.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

That also seems to suggest that Yogi wanted to stay.

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

That's...well, shocking isn't the word, nothing is shocking after hiring the big racist shite. Roy needs to take a long hard look in the mirror though. He's handled this so poorly. On top of needing a new manager the club definitely need new PR.

Edited by forkboy

Are we edging towards sack the board (uncle royston) or is it more the case that money talks?

It's a serious point and if P&B is the settled will rather than an echo chamber of a few dozen, this is a rubicon and UR and his cash are history.

I know where my money is.